Economy Extra Unemployment ending finally

This has nothing to do with protests and everything to do with inequalities from the pandemic

so you are saying that you don't enjoy your mom's musty and moldy basement?

how often does she do your laundry for you?

I ask about what I equalities but I have yet to receive an answer

"Underemployment" has also become a joke. I have two friends who are contracted Supervisors running the food service at the local state University. They had their hours reduced from 40 a week to 32, because of Covid related cutbacks/lack of need. They were able to get underemployment which on the surface wasn't alot...except they were also able to receive that additional $600 a week as well. So they banked an extra $2400 a month the last 18 months, and had a three day weekend every week.

I ask about what I equalities but I have yet to receive an answer

are you ESL?
VSZwaWQ9QXBp

Nope I got vaccinated.

Here in NYC the unvaccinated people are in the basement because they are too scared to get the jab

I mean it’s not a bad gig for someone who needs a job without an education. It’s a warehouse job moving refrigeration parts around, $18 an hour full time with benefits.
If you pay "a few more dollars than minimum wage" you get minimum skills and minimum applicants. I hope your buddies business goes bankrupt.

There's a lot of jobs with now hiring signs out. You know what the common thread is? Most of them are shit jobs that don't pay and have crappy benefits. Big business has been taking advantage of people for a long time. Now a lot of people have had a year to step up to something else.
Yeah, the bums eating unemployment will eventually go back to McDonald's but I predict some of these crap jobs will go the way of the dodo bird or completely change business models.

This has nothing to do with protests and everything to do with inequalities from the pandemic
You're gonna need to dumb that concept waaaay down for this room.

If you pay "a few more dollars than minimum wage" you get minimum skills and minimum applicants. I hope your buddies business goes bankrupt.

Guys who work full time make over 50k with overtime, guys who work graveyard make even more. Foreman’s and drivers make around 70-80. The average individual income in America is like 35k. Most of the guys they hired are minorities from the hood who didn’t get the best opportunity to go to college. It’s a m-f job where you work either 5 8 hour shifts or 4 10s, you also get benefits. So yeah terrible gig for someone who never went to school, please tell me more.

Last edited:
Guys who work full time make over 50k with overtime, guys who work graveyard make even more. Foreman’s and drivers make around 70-80. The average individual income in America is like 35k. Most of the guys they hired are minorities from the hood who didn’t get the best opportunity to go to college. It’s a m-f job where you work either 5 8 hour shifts or 4 10s, you also get benefits. So yeah terrible gig for someone who never went to school, please tell me more.
Way to move those goal posts buddy. It went from a few dollars more than minimum wage to 18-20 per hr and now it's 35-80k per year. So which is it?

IF they are making 50k+ you are right, it's a good gig in most states(excluding NY and CA of course among others). But that's not what you said originally.

Way to move those goal posts buddy. It went from a few dollars more than minimum wage to 18-20 per hr and now it's 35-80k per year. So which is it?

IF they are making 50k+ you are right, it's a good gig in most states(excluding NY and CA of course among others). But that's not what you said originally.

minimum wage in California is 14. I would say 18 an hour is “a few dollars more” I also said 18 earlier in this thread. That’s the standard starting pay for people working the starting warehouse jobs. Guys have the option on basically how much overtime they want to work, so a guy working the standard 40 will make around 37k. If they average like 5-10 hours of OT a week that’s somewhere around 45. Obviously the foreman’s are guys who either have experience or work their way up from the starting warehouse positions. Drivers also require having the class c license or whatever, so yeah I didn’t specify that, but I also didn’t say they started at that salary, rather that it was something that some guys made who chose to move up in the company. It seems like you were under the impression that they were making like $15 an hour part time lol. It is in California so you’re right about that part, but my original point is that it’s not a bad gig for a typical blue collar warehouse job.

Their applicant pool has gone down dramatically with the current/previous unemployment pay, so hopefully they get more people looking for work now since they’re trying to open a second warehouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back