Economy Extra Unemployment ending finally

It's odd how the right-wing mind works...

You can resent blue collar folks for getting chump change unemployment benefits and it's totally kosher. But if someone expresses resentment towards a billionaire for the size of his house(s) the critic is automatically classified a pathetic, jealous loser.
Have you ever left the US? People on unemployment were making like triple the global GDP/capita for specifically not working. How much would say is not "chump change" for not working? And yeah, resenting someone for having a bigger house than you is pathetic.

Just lol at a democrat shill even trying to claim someone else "resents blue collar folks". That's literally the entire democrat position. The entire party platform is catering to the billionaires and deadbeats, with no fucks given for anybody in between.

Last edited:
It needs to end with anybody that got more than 5k in it having a 2k penalty over the next couple years on their taxes, and anybody that got none or less than 3 weeks worth getting an extra $1500 tax bonus.

But what do I know, I’m just an old fashioned truth telling grown up.

Last edited:
This is the central, circular reasoning con of capitalism that keeps the sheep who believe it forever subservient to their overlords.
It's also true, ya lazy dummy! Tell you what, quit whining about others who have been more successful in life than you and work to improve yourself.

minimum wage in California is 14. I would say 18 an hour is “a few dollars more” I also said 18 earlier in this thread. That’s the standard starting pay for people working the starting warehouse jobs. Guys have the option on basically how much overtime they want to work, so a guy working the standard 40 will make around 37k. If they average like 5-10 hours of OT a week that’s somewhere around 45. Obviously the foreman’s are guys who either have experience or work their way up from the starting warehouse positions. Drivers also require having the class c license or whatever, so yeah I didn’t specify that, but I also didn’t say they started at that salary, rather that it was something that some guys made who chose to move up in the company. It seems like you were under the impression that they were making like $15 an hour part time lol. It is in California so you’re right about that part, but my original point is that it’s not a bad gig for a typical blue collar warehouse job.

Their applicant pool has gone down dramatically with the current/previous unemployment pay, so hopefully they get more people looking for work now since they’re trying to open a second warehouse.
Yeah, in California 18/hr or even 60k/yr is near slave wages. I'm back to hoping your buddy goes bankrupt. It's despicable how business owners treat people in this country. For reference the median income in California is 75k/yr. If your friend is paying someone 18/hr in Cali he is basically treating them like a teenage McDonald's worker.

Yeah, in California 18/hr or even 60k/yr is near slave wages. I'm back to hoping your buddy goes bankrupt. It's despicable how business owners treat people in this country. For reference the median income in California is 75k/yr. If your friend is paying someone 18/hr in Cali he is basically treating them like a teenage McDonald's worker.

thats the median household income. Median individual is still like 30k. 60k a year is shitty in areas like LA/OC/Bay Area. This isn’t those areas. For reference, Im single and make about 70 and live comfortably in OC. If I were married and my wife made 45 we’d have a nice home in a suburb like lake forest or brea.

<36>

Nice try...the median HOUSEHOLD income is $75235.

The median per capita income is $36955...which is about $17.77 per hour, based on a 40 hour work week.

Median LA County income is $30k...median LA County home price is $775000.

<6>

Allright, I'll admit it was an exaggeration but I have a hard time believing anyone is raising a family on 18/hr in California. If you are talking about a single person living on their own I guess they might be ok.

Either way I live in St. louis and 18/hr ain't shit here and our Cost of Living is worlds cheaper than Cali.

thats the median household income. Median individual is still like 30k. 60k a year is shitty in areas like LA/OC/Bay Area. This isn’t those areas. For reference, Im single and make about 70 and live comfortably in OC. If I were married and my wife made 45 we’d have a nice home in a suburb like lake forest or brea.

<36>

The median per capita income is $36955...which is about $17.77 per hour, based on a 40 hour work week.

<6>

<36>

<6>

dudes an idiot. I make about 5k a month, about half of my income goes to rent/insurance/utilities whatever. I spend probably a grand a month on myself and save the rest. I currently have enough to do 10-15% down on a 2-3br place depending on the area. I’m hoping to save enough to put 20% down and by the time I’m married with kids buy a bigger place. I also have a degree in business and experience in my field. Expecting someone with no education or experience to make the same starting is ludicrous lol.

Allright, I'll admit it was an exaggeration but I have a hard time believing anyone is raising a family on 18/hr in California. If you are talking about a single person living on their own I guess they might be ok.

Either way I live in St. louis and 18/hr ain't shit here and our Cost of Living is worlds cheaper than Cali.

Anyone supporting a family by themselves needs to make way more obviously. But for individual income 45+ is totally fine.

Anyone supporting a family by themselves needs to make way more obviously. But for individual income 45+ is totally fine.

Well regardless of the specifics the original statement wasy buddy pays a few dollars more than min wage but can't find workers! It was just an asinine statement.

Well regardless of the specifics the original statement wasy buddy pays a few dollars more than min wage but can't find workers! It was just an asinine statement.

18 is a few more than minimum wage in Cali. I didn’t specify that it was full time with OT so I’ll give you that. But I wasn’t lying either. Most jobs these days start exactly at minimum wage. I have another friend who runs a catering business that’s struggling to find cooks but thats not full time, works weekends and exposes you to way more people so I can understand them struggling a bit.

18 is a few more than minimum wage in Cali. I didn’t specify that it was full time with OT so I’ll give you that. But I wasn’t lying either. Most jobs these days start exactly at minimum wage. I have another friend who runs a catering business that’s struggling to find cooks but thats not full time, works weekends and exposes you to way more people so I can understand them struggling a bit.

Businesses are going to have to step up there game. They have been stagnating wages for decades and holding people down with this Min wage shit. I hope they all go out of business. If you don't take care of your employees you don't deserve to make money imo.

I don't care personally if people are milking shit, not a bit. but it's just an observation, I've noticed the quality of service workers just fall apart. Just fuckups are working at restaurants and grocery stores at the moment. We gonna have some work for those afghani's soon.

As for the unemployment, those funds are addictive. For the people that actually lost their jobs due to the pandemic, they are crucial, but with almost twice the number of available jobs as there are unemployed from the pandemic, it’s time to get of your asses and work. There is an adjustment period when you first go back to work and it sucks, but it’s time to adult

You're operating under the premise work is a positive thing for most people. Many of the jobs available in this country are ones people wouldn't work themselves.

There's nothing mature about wasting ones life for 50 years it's just convincing a lot of sad people who made that decision that they did the right thing and not to have regrets.

You're operating under the premise work is a positive thing for most people. Many of the jobs available in this country are ones people wouldn't work themselves.

There's nothing mature about wasting ones life for 50 years it's just convincing a lot of sad people who made that decision that they did the right thing and not to have regrets.

Well, not working is not exactly healthy either. It’s linked to depression and laziness and health problems as well. It affects self esteem and has a big impact on the way people see you. So if someone wants to suck at the tit of welfare, then they should be prepared to be called a lazy parasite

I fully support unemployment and I firmly believe in providing a helping hand, but the level of shutdown and amount of unemployment was bad government, bad for business and more debt laid at the feet of our children and grandchildren. Disaster.

Well, not working is not exactly healthy either. It’s linked to depression and laziness and health problems as well. It affects self esteem and has a big impact on the way people see you. So if someone wants to suck at the tit of welfare, then they should be prepared to be called a lazy parasite

It's more healthy(depending on what the alternative is). And there's no way not working is linked to more depression than working. And being called a lazy parasite by people with different values than you do shouldn't matter because those people opinions don't matter. The rest of the world makes fun of Americans for being stupid not having health care and working themselves into the grave but I don't think people who like that lifestyle care. What does matter to most people is being able to live a basic life without the threat of homelessness if they either aren't or aren't a sufficent servant.

Vaccine is protecting people now and there’s businesses looking for help everywhere. It’s past time to end it.

At absolute most an exception should be made for immunocompromised people. That’s a small fraction of the populace tho.

Agree. However if anything positive that comes from this is that companies who were taking advantage paying low wages now they need to compete with other companies hiring.

Funny how they could of paid these better wages before the pandemic but didn't. Now people have smarten up.

Back