Eye poke victories

Eye pokes are extremely painful i don't think mma fans understand how it changes a fighter

Chuck vs tito 1
Chuck vs randy 2
Chuck vs Vernon white

Dc vs stipe 1
Struve vs stipe
Ponozibbio vs Nelson

Others
Forgot DC vs Stipe 3

dc.jpg

How convenient...

My guy Dwight Grant’s chances of taking the 3rd (or even getting a stoppage) against Trinaldo went out the window after getting poked.
Great citation; that was egregious.
God Belfort vs Couture was an eye lid slice. Does that count????
<Neil01>
Uniform malfunction.
Bisping vs Belcher
If I remember correctly, Bisping was handling Belcher quite convincingly, though.

Fair point on your part, though.
I thought they had "eye poke proof " gloves in the works ?
I believe that Wittman was willing to License but not sell the design to the UFC.

Eye pokes are extremely painful i don't think mma fans understand how it changes a fighter

Chuck vs tito 1
Chuck vs randy 2
Chuck vs Vernon white

Dc vs stipe 1
Struve vs stipe
Ponozibbio vs Nelson

Others
ace-ventura-pet-detective-eye-pop.gif

there was a fairly bad one in Gaethje vs Barbosa but i am pretty sure Barbosa had used all his recovery time and chose to continue but the KO didn't come long after so it's kinda borderline. imo not like he poked him then KOed him a few shots later (there was a proper break in the action) like most of the ones being mentioned.

Its insane they don't automatically take a point for an eyepoke. Like never. It's the only thing that would even the fight. Fighters are essentially given a free opportunity to impair their opponents vision for the rest of the fight.

there was a fairly bad one in Gaethje vs Barbosa but i am pretty sure Barbosa had used all his recovery time and chose to continue but the KO didn't come long after so it's kinda borderline. imo not like he poked him then KOed him a few shots later (there was a proper break in the action) like most of the ones being mentioned.
You're just not the same in 5 minutes after a nasty eye poke. It could take hours or even days

Getting eyepoked? Just close your eyes just before the impact
That's called "blocking," and I don't know why it's not taught at most gyms. Heck, my coach used to throw rubber darts at our eyes while we trained, to keep us ready at all times.

Lee Hasdell vs Ryuki Ueyama...granted, instead of punching they were using palm strikes but nonetheless. Ueyama went straight to Hasdell eyes, the fight got stopped and he was Disqualified.
It was a reverse eye poke victory but it counts

Chuck vs tito 1
Chuck vs randy 2
Chuck vs Vernon white

Dc vs stipe 1
Struve vs stipe
Ponozibbio vs Nelson

Others
Jon Jones vs Everyone
PaulHarris vs Shields
Rumble vs Burns

Rumble johnson had alot of eye poke victorys but he was the one who always got poked

Back