Fabrício Werdum vs DC (prime for prime)

Alcibiades007

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Say 2009-2015 Werdum vs prime DC. Who would you put your money on?

20140729080323_1MG_9344.JPG
20140213015944_daniel_cormier.JPG

Werdum, DC would be cautious to take him down and Werdum has a very underrated Striking

Stipe and DC are tied and can be considered equal. Stipe > Werdum. So DC > Werdum.

DC controls the fight against the cage, and clinch uppercut/elbows his way to a UD.

It would be like this
giphy.gif

Probably but it's so weird. Considering we're talking about a world-class wrestler like DC. But that's what makes it interesting. Werdum was a master of BJJ.

Yes, he was. Submitting Fedor, Cain, Nog and Reem is quite something.
He was the only man that managed to submit Fedor, Reem and Cain.
Nog was submitted only once by Mir.

Very good match-up and about as close to a 50-50 as you can get. If Werdum fights like an idiot (flopping, being lazy and flat footed, or just being ridiculously overaggressive), DC would win and make it look easy.

However, it Werdum came in like a calculated killer as he did against Cain, Browne, Gonzaga in the rematch, and Nelson, I think he could piece DC up on the feet pretty well.

If you take a close look at DC's record, you'll see that he has rarely fought a dangerous striker who he couldn't just take down and win the fight there. Against someone like Werdum who is rangy and had an IRON chin in his prime (unlike Stipe), I think he'd struggle.

Betting on someone as inconsistent as Werdum is risky but gun to my head, I'd take him in a 5 round fight

Very good match-up and about as close to a 50-50 as you can get. If Werdum fights like an idiot (flopping, being lazy and flat footed, or just being ridiculously overaggressive), DC would win and make it look easy.

However, it Werdum came in like a calculated killer as he did against Cain, Browne, Gonzaga in the rematch, and Nelson, I think he could piece DC up on the feet pretty well.

If you take a close look at DC's record, you'll see that he has rarely fought a dangerous striker who he couldn't just take down and win the fight there. Against someone like Werdum who is rangy and had an IRON chin in his prime (unlike Stipe), I think he'd struggle.

Betting on someone as inconsistent as Werdum is risky but gun to my head, I'd take him in a 5 round fight

That's a nice analysis. I'm probably leaning Werdum as well but the fight would be absolutely spectacular.

Back