Fairtex BGV9 Heavy Hitter Gloves Review

easternbloc7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These gloves are currently being sold for 109.99 on most websites, but I was able to get them from Cageside a few months ago for 54.99, so it was so far so good. These were my first high quality gloves and you can really feel why they charge what they do. Firstly, these are designed for bag and mitt work, not for sparring. Out of the box, they were a little stiff, but by about the 3rd heavy bag session they were broken in well. The foam compacts, but the punches still feel very well cushioned and I haven't felt any knuckle pain during my bag workouts (Bas' Boxing CD, 3 min. rounds). Sometimes I miss that old knuckle pain lol, but I like these gloves a lot. I have heard people complain about the velcro closure wearing out on the Fairtex, but mine is still holding tight. The only thing that isn't great is that these gloves are 12oz. There are other sizes available (14, 16, 18oz) but these were the only ones in stock at the time. I would recommend picking up the 16oz if you can. Overall, I'm very satisfied; 9.7/10.
Hope this helps.

image.php

sry for lack of pics, my camera money always gets spent on gear haha

Nice review. I wish I had purchased them from Cageside when they were cheap. Oh and no worries about thelack of pics, I seem to always spend my spare cash on gear as well........

nice review thanks. I took a look at these but I don't buy any gloves that are not 16oz. They look nice and Fairtex is always quality.

Thanks for the review. I remember these gloves were the BGV9 model. They sound like great bag/mitt gloves. At 55 bucks you picked them up for a steal. I would've probably picked up a pair too if I saw them at that price, even though I prefer heavier gloves as you mentioned.

Thanks guys, it's nice to get good feedback from G&E vets like you. I've got more reviews coming, so here's a little teaser: CSI MMA amateur competition gloves, CSI 120lb. throwing dummy, clinch gear primo camo shorts, a couple pairs of sprawls (although there are a lot of reviews for these already), and a few shirts. i'll try to get 'em up as quickly as possible.

Do the throwing dummy review first, please. :) I've yet to see a proper review of that.

Do the throwing dummy review first, please. :) I've yet to see a proper review of that.

Deal. I was acutally gonna go use it right now, so I'll do a review when I'm done. I promise.

Deal. I was acutally gonna go use it right now, so I'll do a review when I'm done. I promise.

Back