Opinion Famous Robert E Lee monument in Charlottesville finally taken down

The whole point of the stop and frisk program which came about after 2000 was to address violent crimes from 3 decades before then?

Holy shit, this is dumbest post I’ve read on sherdog in a minute.

You evidently have no clue what you're talking about. Stop and frisk was brought in by Rudy Giuliani in the 90s and continued by Mike Bloomberg to deal with the rampant violent crime in the city being carried out by largely black and Latino criminals in the city.

It was very successful and crime was reduced substantially. It's once again skyrocketing because these communities (blacks, in particular) are no longer being policed - because preventing a black person from engaging in criminality is a form of white supremacy.

You evidently have no clue what you're talking about. Stop and frisk was brought in by Rudy Giuliani in the 90s and continued by Mike Bloomberg to deal with the rampant violent crime in the city being carried out by largely black and Latino criminals in the city.

It was very successful and crime was reduced substantially. It's once again skyrocketing because these communities (blacks, in particular) are no longer being policed - because preventing a black person from engaging in criminality is a form of white supremacy.

you have no clue what you're talking about. Stop and Frisk had pretty much no effect on crime in NYC.

Figure%202%20Stop%20%26%20Frisk.jpg

Why do the horses have to suffer? Does the horse always pay the price for the saddle that they have no choice being placed on their backs?

As for the 4th grader president, i'm not surprised to see him saying the "greatest" about something/someone. Plenty proof that going to public schooling was the right choice for me.

No, you're right - crime went down drastically in the 90s because they built new youth clubs and ping pong tables.

No, you're right. Saying fuck the constitution for minorities and stopping and frisking folks and 9 out of 10 time not finding shit changed everything.

No, you're right. Saying fuck the constitution for minorities and stopping and frisking folks and 9 out of 10 time not finding shit changed everything.

Saying it didn't change anything is just objectively false. That "1" still goes a long way in removing typically violent criminals off the streets, and the people who ultimately benefited most from it are the people within those crime-ridden communities.

Do you think Judge Shira Scheindlin and her people have a problem with saying "fuck the constitution" when Andrew "Son of Shabbos" Cuomo signs laws banning the public display of Nazi and Confederate flags?

Real question. Is the USA the only country where literal traitors (people who tried to overthrow the government, got hundreds of thousands of people killed and lost) are still openly celebrated, and used as a point of pride by the defeated populace?

Well, if america didn't celebrate traitors we would have to throw out Biden and Gen. Milley and then China would be screwed.

America only ever thrived and prospered as "profoundly racist nation." It's now a multiracial laughingstock whose primary purpose is promoting worship of blacks, homosexuality and philosemitism.

As the country becomes less white and whites continue to be disenfranchised, infrastructure will crumble, living standards will deplete, crime will continue to rise and America will officially become a third world nation.

Otherwise known as the Hart-Celler act, which they promised would not change the demographic make-up of the country.

What was the ethnic background of Emanuel Celler, by the way?
Holy crap. It’s a completely out of the closet racist. I must ask, are you a skin head?

you have no clue what you're talking about. Stop and Frisk had pretty much no effect on crime in NYC.

Figure%202%20Stop%20%26%20Frisk.jpg
Dude wasn’t stop and frisk implemented in the 90s? That is when crime in nyc went down. This is a very dishonest snap shot either which way

Its sad that it had to go to the State Supreme Court to get this done

and of course, Bunker Boy cries foul

says Robert E Lee was the greatest unifying force and it was magnificent.

E-zBL2zXsAAkQrv

In other news...Queen B is still a complete loser who sits around blaming the white man and American society in general for the fact that he's unemployed and his life sucks balls.

I took a look at the guy's posting history and yikes. Surprised he's not banned yet.

Pretty sure this was the guy openly talking about great replacement the other day.

Awesome. Let's wipe slavery from the history books next.

Maybe that will remove the old grievance and guilt, allowing those who haven't suffered under it or perpetrate it to move on.

These kind of sentiments are always baffling to me. The people who actually fought the Civil War (and saw their friends shot and blown up) became reconciled to their southern counterparts and decided to bury the hatchet and have national unity again, despite a period of dictatorship and occupation.

Whereas modern people (who often haven't suffered any harm from southerners at all), seem to think that the Union should have treated the defeated south like the Russian Empire treated the Caucasus at the time. Why?

Its bizarre because it is a direct rejection of the Union theory of the war (preserving national unity) and a rejection of Lincoln's project ("with malice towards none"). Instead, these modern people who are very fixated on the Confederacy actually adopt the Confederate theory of the war, and the dark fears that drove secession in the first place. Why?

Its just a stand in for modern political feelings, and they can harken back to this time of open violence between factions because it makes them feel....better? Something?
The South got off easy in that the Union retreated before the job of freeing the blacks was truly completed and the South was allowed to backslide back into white supremacy. I don't wish that more Southerners were killed or oppressed for no reason but I do wish they were prevented from having set up Jim Crow and other institutional and cultural expressions of white supremacy. Had the North had the guts to complete the job we would've avoided some issues relating to race that linger to this day down there.

yeah its sad, but it’s illustrative of the day in which we live.

Churchill, one of your greatest leaders, called him noblest American who had ever lived. History is meant to be learned from, the modern left have no clue how that works. They have a reductionist/simplistic view of history and attempt to judge the lives of the past by modern standards. Learned men of past generations knew one must look at men’s action in light of their surroundings/times.

Originally grandfathers, now mine. You might appreciate these volumes
View media item 34555
Winston Churchill was also a white supremacist so no surprise he had favorable views of another white supremacist.

The South got off easy in that the Union retreated before the job of freeing the blacks was truly completed and the South was allowed to backslide back into white supremacy. I don't wish that more Southerners were killed or oppressed for no reason but I do wish they were prevented from having set up Jim Crow and other institutional and cultural expressions of white supremacy. Had the North had the guts to complete the job we would've avoided some issues relating to race that linger to this day down there.

First, lol at "backsliding" into white supremacy. This is the whig view of history, and also, white supremacy as we think of it today is really a product of late 19th-early 20th century racial thought.

Its a bit ahistorical, because in the real timeline Lee and the others specifically did all they could to prevent a guerrilla war, in part because of their own sense of propriety and also because they were being treated well. In an alternate history where there is a harsh, long occupation to totally restructure Southern society (and the consequent guerrilla war, British aid to the rebels, etc), we have no idea how they would have even tried to "complete the job". As it was, like 10% of the black population of the South died in the chaos. With a low level war dragging on, it would have been worse. The former slaves were people who were illiterate and kept as property to harvest cash crops; now we are going to throw them into a market economy and expect them to rationally sell their labor and be equal? In the middle of bushwhacking and Federal reprisal campaigns? What would the plan even be? Create Bantustans in Mississippi and Alabama?

This also completely ignores why the North fought; their theory was that the Union was indissolvable and the South had no right to leave. The occupation and disenfranchisement really strained that idea as it actually happened; its hard to see how it could be sustained if multiple states were disenfranchised and under occupation for multiple decades.

This also ignores the political tension in the north- the northern Democrats wanted those votes back. In a representative system, how long can you maintain the political will to do this?

First, lol at "backsliding" into white supremacy. This is the whig view of history, and also, white supremacy as we think of it today is really a product of late 19th-early 20th century racial thought.

Its a bit ahistorical, because in the real timeline Lee and the others specifically did all they could to prevent a guerrilla war, in part because of their own sense of propriety and also because they were being treated well. In an alternate history where there is a harsh, long occupation to totally restructure Southern society (and the consequent guerrilla war, British aid to the rebels, etc), we have no idea how they would have even tried to "complete the job". As it was, like 10% of the black population of the South died in the chaos. With a low level war dragging on, it would have been worse. The former slaves were people who were illiterate and kept as property to harvest cash crops; now we are going to throw them into a market economy and expect them to rationally sell their labor and be equal? In the middle of bushwhacking and Federal reprisal campaigns? What would the plan even be? Create Bantustans in Mississippi and Alabama?
The plan would be to make sure freed blacks had as few institutional barriers as possible or at least fewer than what they ended up facing in the end.The South didn't have the modern conception of white supremacy but it was undeniably built on a form of it in which the black was beneath the white and this was expressed institutionally and culturally. The US Republic is an inherently conservative one and generally I like that but that also means it was also more likely to pull the foot off the gas a bit early in dealing with something like the Southern Question so to speak. I can see why that happened, I just wish they went a bit further than they did.

The real damage to the South was done, it never recovered its political, cultural, or economic prominence in American life. I don't even care about that, if anything I am more sympathetic to the nostalgia for the Antebellum South and the post war rebel culture than the vast majority of those of my political persuasion. I just don't like the racial hierarchy that was on some level reimposed even if nowhere near as fully as it was in the Antebellum period.

nice. Thank you for proving my point.
Churchill was a racist imperialist even by the standards of his day so even judging him according to the standards of the time he does not fare well.

Back