Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus, post #753)

Yeah, I don't know about that. I think it has already been a long haul, and is on it's last legs. The money is drying up with Marvel. They won't be pumping $200 million dollars into these projects for much longer. This movie tanking(which I assume it will. F4 has always been lame, and found it hard to reel in an audience), will be one of the final nails. For a while, anyways.

Even hard-core Nerds like me don't care about the FF, although full disclosure, I've always had a soft spot for The Thing.

The only relevance the Fantastic Four have is bringing Marvel's single greatest Big Bad into the MCU. And I have serious doubts they will do Victor von Doom justice.

Do yall really take all of these articles and tidbits of news that serious?
We have no clue how things are going to look/play out in the movie, and how big of a part each character will play in the film.
We're in a cinematic universe that is here for the long haul. The Fantastic 4 are staples in Marvel. Every heavy hitter doesn't need to be rushed out into the debut movie.

The criticism doesn't even make sense when it comes to Shalla Bal because she is Silver Surfer's woman, and it would make sense for her to be the gateway to introduce him.
I don't take anything coming from Disney seriously. Outside a rare gem, I don't think they are capable of making decent films anymore, let alone bangers.

They are rotted to the core these days.

I dont see a cinematic universe long haul, but even if they can sustain these crazy losses, and put out everything they have planned, it will all be forgettable at best. I don't see what's giving you optimism that there's a great story arc being told here.

Even hard-core Nerds like me don't care about the FF, although full disclosure, I've always had a soft spot for The Thing.

The only relevance the Fantastic Four have is bringing Marvel's single greatest Big Bad into the MCU. And I have serious doubts they will do Victor von Doom justice.
The Thing is the only decent thing about the team itself. His battles with the Hulk were always good shit. FF villains, similar to Spider-Man, have always been the best part about them.

I don't take anything coming from Disney seriously. Outside a rare gem, I don't think they are capable of making decent films anymore, let alone bangers.

They are rotted to the core these days.

I dont see a cinematic universe long haul, but even if they can sustain these crazy losses, and put out everything they have planned, it will all be forgettable at best. I don't see what's giving you optimism that there's a great story arc being told here.
I never said there was a great story arc being told here. I'm saying it is senseless to give most of these articles about rumors and castings much attention because it's impossible to know how they're going to play out.

They have a long game mindset when it comes to the MCU, so the optimism is in that they'll eventually either turn the whole ship around, or they'll push out individual gems from time to time.
They seemed to have gotten the message considering that they stopped production and reshuffled things they were working on. They're only doing Deadpool this year, and Iger said he wanted to focus more on quality products. Disney/Marvel have earned enough good will that I can wait to see if they actually learned.

But most of the stuff that people talk about when it comes to casting and news stories are almost never that big of a deal in the movie. The movies that end up sucking just end up sucking because they're bad overall. Shit story and writing, and poor direction.
"The Ancient One" being female didn't do anything positive or negative for the movies she appeared in. Heimdal being black didn't hurt or help any of the movies he was in. Julia Garner as Shalla Bal will be good or bad depending on how she's actually used in the movie.

Female Silver Surfer, lmao, yeah, here's the conceptual design for her new board:

TMPPL001_01_TABLA_DE_PLANCHAR_MOANA-scaled.jpg

Why the silver surfer could never be female.

Update: May 9, 2024

Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus in FANTASTIC FOUR; John Malkovich Also Signed on in Undisclosed Role

Ralph-Ineson-and-Galactus-NEW-Split-Getty-H-2024.jpg

The Fantastic Four, meet your villain. Ralph Ineson, the British actor whose three-decade career ranges from the Harry Potter movies to recent horror prequel The First Omen, has landed the plum part of Galactus, the antagonist in Marvel Studios’ The Fantastic Four.

The high-profile, big-budget outing, the Fantastic Four’s first under the Marvel Cinematic Universe umbrella, has been casting up in recent weeks ahead of a planned mid-summer shoot in England.

On the call sheet are Perdro Pascal as scientist Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman, Joseph Quinn as her hot-heated brother Johnny Storm/Human Torch, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Richards’ friend with body issues, Ben Grimm/The Thing. Also cast are Julia Garner as a female Silver Surfer and Paul Walter Hauser in an undisclosed role, which some have theorized could be Mole Man or the robot H.E.R.B.I.E. John Malkovich is also signed on.

Ineson is said to be playing Galactus, an intergalactic being who eats the life force of planets. And now he just picked the wrong planet to nosh on.

In the Marvel comics, Galactus, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, has appeared as a towering human-like figure. The character made his big screen debut in 2007’s Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, which portrayed him in the form of a CGI-generated cosmic cloud. It was an appearance that did not go well with audiences.

Matt Shakman is directing the new Fantastic Four feature, which has Marvel taking the interesting creative choice of setting the story in the 1960s, the era when the super-team was first created. Eric Pearson, Josh Friedman, Jeff Kaplan, and Ian Springer wrote the screenplay. Peter Cameron (WandaVision) has also done some writing on the project.

Ineson is currently on screens as a priest in 20th Century’s The First Omen and last year played a key role in Gareth Edwards’ The Creator. He previously had a role in Robert Eggers’ Viking drama The Northman and reteams with the filmmaker, with whom he first worked on acclaimed horror movie The Witch, for vampire thriller Nosferatu, whose A-list cast includes Nicholas Hoult, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Emma Corrin, Bill Skarsgard and Willem Dafoe. Focus releases Nosferatu in December.. He is currently in production on Guillermo del Toro’s Frankenstein along with Jacob Elordi, Oscar Isaac, Mia Goth and Christoph Waltz.

I like it . I'm overly cautious since they want to be retarded and do Shalla Ball instead of Norin Radd. Also FF4 seems like a cursed adaptation.

I like it . I'm overly cautious since they want to be retarded and do Shalla Ball instead of Norin Radd. Also FF4 seems like a cursed adaptation.
every iteration will suck, unfortunately. I have no faith in this crap,
The Thing is the only decent thing
you are a true poet

Update: May 9, 2024

Ralph Ineson Cast as Galactus in FANTASTIC FOUR; John Malkovich Also Signed on in Undisclosed Role

Ralph-Ineson-and-Galactus-NEW-Split-Getty-H-2024.jpg

The Fantastic Four, meet your villain. Ralph Ineson, the British actor whose three-decade career ranges from the Harry Potter movies to recent horror prequel The First Omen, has landed the plum part of Galactus, the antagonist in Marvel Studios’ The Fantastic Four.

The high-profile, big-budget outing, the Fantastic Four’s first under the Marvel Cinematic Universe umbrella, has been casting up in recent weeks ahead of a planned mid-summer shoot in England.

On the call sheet are Perdro Pascal as scientist Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic, Vanessa Kirby as Sue Storm/Invisible Woman, Joseph Quinn as her hot-heated brother Johnny Storm/Human Torch, and Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Richards’ friend with body issues, Ben Grimm/The Thing. Also cast are Julia Garner as a female Silver Surfer and Paul Walter Hauser in an undisclosed role, which some have theorized could be Mole Man or the robot H.E.R.B.I.E. John Malkovich is also signed on.

Ineson is said to be playing Galactus, an intergalactic being who eats the life force of planets. And now he just picked the wrong planet to nosh on.

In the Marvel comics, Galactus, created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, has appeared as a towering human-like figure. The character made his big screen debut in 2007’s Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, which portrayed him in the form of a CGI-generated cosmic cloud. It was an appearance that did not go well with audiences.

Matt Shakman is directing the new Fantastic Four feature, which has Marvel taking the interesting creative choice of setting the story in the 1960s, the era when the super-team was first created. Eric Pearson, Josh Friedman, Jeff Kaplan, and Ian Springer wrote the screenplay. Peter Cameron (WandaVision) has also done some writing on the project.

Ineson is currently on screens as a priest in 20th Century’s The First Omen and last year played a key role in Gareth Edwards’ The Creator. He previously had a role in Robert Eggers’ Viking drama The Northman and reteams with the filmmaker, with whom he first worked on acclaimed horror movie The Witch, for vampire thriller Nosferatu, whose A-list cast includes Nicholas Hoult, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Emma Corrin, Bill Skarsgard and Willem Dafoe. Focus releases Nosferatu in December.. He is currently in production on Guillermo del Toro’s Frankenstein along with Jacob Elordi, Oscar Isaac, Mia Goth and Christoph Waltz.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Seriously. I've never heard of him.

I hope Malkovich isn't cast as Doom. While he's a great actor, he's too old to play the role over multiple movies. I'd have no problem with him playing the Mole Man.

On further reflection, Malkovich would make an excellent Red Ghost. Ivan Kragoff is a Soviet scientist who tried to replicate what happened to the Fantastic Four by designing a rocket that would expose him to Cosmic Rays. He also took along three apes on the voyage as experimental animals.

It worked. Kragoff gained the ability to turn himself intangible, walk through walls etc. The Apes gained various Powers, including Super Strength, Telekinesis etc.

If they're going back to 1960, then we're getting teh original "Galactus Trilogy" story? Perhaps Malkovich is teh Watcher.

So if teh silver surfer is a chick in this origin story, then we're going to have an interesting love triangle between (the now bi-sexual?) Alicia Masters & Thing... lol... (the actress is a "drama" actress) Is this an alternate reality where RAD'z girlfriend iz teh original surfer? MCU's multiple cannon'z are so confusing.

Galactus consuming planets, is apparently not a bad thing. In fact it is understood as a necessary part of maintaining a healthy universe in that his heraldz seek out planets that are already on the verge of collapse, & so galactus consumes them before they can create a more destructive path. Not good or bad... just necessary. I suppose that doesn't speak very highly of us being targeted though... lol...

Each "target" must then redeem themselves & fight for their right to party on. This is our wake up call Sherdoggehz~

iu

Obviously Galactus is too big to be just teh Fantastic 4 villian. Teh hole Kang thing didn't work out for a one up on Thanos for teh next big Avengerz villian & so they're bringing out teh bigger gunz here as an introduction.

Last edited:
Back