Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Julia Garner to Play Silver Surfer, post #685)

Hard NC-17 Punisher kills the MCU. I'm in. (and so fucking hard)
As long as the punisher is played by this guy. I don't care if he's old.

DolphLPUN89.jpg

DolphLPUN89.jpg

I don’t think it’s a popular opinion but I thought both Dolph’s and the Tom Jane 2004 movie were good.

Didn’t care for the Stevenson (RIP) one but knowing that some people view that as hands down the best shows how subjective this stuff is.

I don’t think it’s a popular opinion but I thought both Dolph’s and the Tom Jane 2004 movie were good.

Didn’t care for the Stevenson (RIP) one but knowing that some people view that as hands down the best shows how subjective this stuff is.
I like every single Punisher adaptation there has been. Dolph's was an 80's film before there was any money being put into comic book movies. Thomas Jane was cursed with a less than stellar script (redeemed by the dirty laundry short film) but it still has an 89% viewer score, so you aren't alone. The Stevenson one at least got the violence aspect on point.

Or maybe Punisher kills the marvel universe.

Hard NC-17 Punisher kills the MCU. I'm in. (and so fucking hard)

- Punisher kills Disney executive. And brings the company to his old glory days!

DolphLPUN89.jpg

that one rules. they literally murder a parkour guy w/ a rocket launcher. cinema, baby

I like every single Punisher adaptation there has been. Dolph's was an 80's film before there was any money being put into comic book movies. Thomas Jane was cursed with a less than stellar script (redeemed by the dirty laundry short film) but it still has an 89% viewer score, so you aren't alone. The Stevenson one at least got the violence aspect on point.

Unpopular opinion - Neither of the four iterations of Punisher have captured the monstrous brutality of Frank Castle in Punisher MAX.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jon Bernthal came pretty close, but of course they went with the 'I want to stop killing' angle at the end of the show's 1st season.

That trailer for the 1st season is still one of the best ever.

Guys, don't bother with any hopes of Disney doing anything great with the character under their control. They had some activist author write an arc Punisher's wife is resurrected, she divorces him, and kills him.

RCO022_1685544971.jpg

The-Punishers-Wife-Shoots-Him-5.jpg

punisher-shot-by-wife.jpg

Unpopular opinion - Neither of the four iterations of Punisher have captured the monstrous brutality of Frank Castle in Punisher MAX.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jon Bernthal came pretty close, but of course they went with the 'I want to stop killing' angle at the end of the show's 1st season.

Guys, don't bother with any hopes of Disney doing anything great with the character under their control. They had some activist author write an arc Punisher's wife is resurrected, she divorces him, and kills him.

RCO022_1685544971.jpg

That shit is so retarded! 🤦‍♂️

maxresdefault.jpg

RCO022_1685544971.jpg

You're absolutely right about the Punisher: Max series vs the films. Anyone who's read The Slavers will understand the gap between those comics and even the most violent live action versions.

That shit is so retarded! 🤦‍♂️

But not at all surprising given the quality of writers at Marvel comics now.

You're absolutely right about the Punisher: Max series vs the films. Anyone who's read The Slavers will understand the gap between those comics and even the most violent live action versions.

The Slavers is one of Punisher's best arcs in the character's entire history. And it really gives a honest view into the world's sex-slave trade.

A very real, very disturbing, and very revolting view.

And its one of the few arcs I interpret Frank's actions as entirely justified.
Each
And
Every
One

OIP.-KQ5r3PDlzrXtIfM0gEYKwHaLS

But not at all surprising given the quality of writers at Marvel comics now.

The Slavers is one of Punisher's best arcs in the character's entire history. And it really gives a honest view into the world's sex-slave trade.

A very real, very disturbing, and very revolting view.

And its one of the few arcs I interpret Frank's actions as entirely justified.
Each
And
Every
One

OIP.-KQ5r3PDlzrXtIfM0gEYKwHaLS

Later on, she told me everything.

About the day she left her village. About the Old Man, Cristu and Vera.

That thing her father said,

About her baby.

When she was done, I knew a lot of men would have to die.

The Punisher finding out you abuse women or children is as bad as hurting a Mutant and then telling Magneto, "I was only following orders!"

You'll be very lucky if you just get turned into pink mist on the spot. It's more likely Frank or Eric will get...creative.:eek:<Eek2.0>

I thought it was mediocre at best. But I feel that Chiklis and Evans killed it and made it more palatable than it otherwise would have been.

I actually liked the second one too. The Silver surfer is a pretty cool character IMO and really visually appealing. In my teens I came very close to collecting his comics because he's interesting but I started collecting Wolverine instead.

Back