Farmers Walks my brothers

I just do a single arm farmers carry with a 70 lb kettlebell to develop my core.
Works better than dumbbells because your grip lasts longer in order to get a better core workout.

Just to be in shape. I was amateur may Thai in my younger days. Now early 30s just look to stay sex beast my brother. I have row treadmill and air dune in my home. Most i use treadmill honest

Stay sex, my brother.

90EA9ECC-B375-4122-8ED4-1EA64A7B6A6D.gif

Hulkamainia is live in the S&C!

KB for uneven. Sometimes one in rack and other in suitcase, sometimes one overhead and other at side.

Bag Carries at so many variations , overhead, on the shoulder, in front hold.

Dumbells same as kettlebells but sometimes they feel better on wrist and I'll use these instead after 85lbs overhead.

Yoke and trapbar carries can get really heavy. 3x body weight or more. They sap you and take some extra recovery. Great workout but it drains the rest of the session after moving such weight.
As a lifting noob (and pussy), 3x BW feels pretty high. Never even tried something even close to that. I reckon a carry is a much easier movement than a deadlift since you don’t go as low and only lift 10cm or so off the floor?

Is the asymmetrical pressure related to walking a very risky thing in your view?

You ain’t lying. Great with trap deadlift bar if you have enough real estate to walk with it.

As a lifting noob (and pussy), 3x BW feels pretty high. Never even tried something even close to that. I reckon a carry is a much easier movement than a deadlift since you don’t go as low and only lift 10cm or so off the floor?

Is the asymmetrical pressure related to walking a very risky thing in your view?
That's not a common carry , just when the weight is moving well on a certain day and you just keep adding until new limit is reached. Yoke pick up is not like a deadlift one. You're all the way at the top of a squat so it's just a leg drive of a few inches. You stay braced and rigid with short fast steps. Not a natural stride that would start rocking the weight. If your core stability isn't there, you're not getting far and won't be able to support the weight in motion. Any weight can be dangerous to move, but it has a very safe bail out if something doesn't feel right. Just drop it. It's safer than a squat walk out.

They build real man strength. Keep it going!

Interesting. So for grip strength you essentially recommend to hold on to something very heavy without movement for as long as you can?
I wasn’t going to talk about it but since it’s a fight forum I’m currently in works for a fight ( don’t know what kind it’s bare knuckles right now ) for summer so these type of excercise training stuff work my current form at 49 yrs old so I’m going 50 we’ll see what happens I’m looking forward to it .

But grip strength is pivotal for elite competition at least it gives me that much of an advantage just beyond the grip the toughness it trains your overall body it just increases your work load capabilities .

Attachments

• DA5B3925-D393-4328-BEF6-3A5CB4086440.jpeg
    DA5B3925-D393-4328-BEF6-3A5CB4086440.jpeg
    474 KB · Views: 6
I wasn’t going to talk about it but since it’s a fight forum I’m currently in works for a fight ( don’t know what kind it’s bare knuckles right now ) for summer so these type of excercise training stuff work my current form at 49 yrs old so I’m going 50 we’ll see what happens I’m looking forward to it .

But grip strength is pivotal for elite competition at least it gives me that much of an advantage just beyond the grip the toughness it trains your overall body it just increases your work load capabilities .
I watched a master of sport in freestyle wrestling. He would totally agree with you. I agree, too. For me, it's less important how hard I can hit than how hard I can grip. If an opponent is just grabbed in some random fight on the street, it helps keep him more intact :D After all, there can be big consequences from a hit.

One of the hardest workouts that I've ever had was when I bought the dumbbells from an old YMCA location. Dumbells ranging from 15 lbs up to 100 lbs and a rack carried up 2 flights of stairs, loaded into my truck, unloaded from my truck, and set up in my garage. It was an auction so I couldn't park that close either. I was dead the next day.

Anyone ever use a wheelbarrow implement? How's it compare?

One of the hardest workouts that I've ever had was when I bought the dumbbells from an old YMCA location. Dumbells ranging from 15 lbs up to 100 lbs and a rack carried up 2 flights of stairs, loaded into my truck, unloaded from my truck, and set up in my garage. It was an auction so I couldn't park that close either. I was dead the next day.
Cheers to that. After the flood when I had to move my shed gym, packed all the dumbbells a couple hundred feet to my sisters garage for storage. Canceled that evenings workout. The heavy bag soaked up water and it took every ounce of energy to drag it from back yard and load it in the truck to dry out.

Brothers I start farmer walk in my training. 2 month ago. I see a great increase in my physical and in my strength. I exercise everyday to maintain a positive mental attitude. I recent to these and great results. Any of my strong brothers use this? Or any similar movement suggest to try? God bless my brothers
I use real farmers for my farmers walks. It really builds strength because they struggle whilst I try to do my carries. Ultimate in functional training, Brother.

I like single sided more than carries on both sides. I am also a massive fan of overhead and clean carries mixed in.

Brothers I start farmer walk in my training. 2 month ago. I see a great increase in my physical and in my strength. I exercise everyday to maintain a positive mental attitude. I recent to these and great results. Any of my strong brothers use this? Or any similar movement suggest to try? God bless my brothers
Try using the trap bar doing 10 yards with 90% of your trap bar deadlift one rep max.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back