Fastest hands in combat sports history?

Of course the answer will be a boxer. All they do is train hands (well, and conditioning and footwork). Kickboxing has another dimension and MMA has multiple dimensions.

409444_6de90e3420f3439f881a5f48f819f2de~mv2.gif

Manny Pacman - Oscar who faced and was able to handle punches from big punchers like Ike, Tito, Shane - said it was not the power, of course manny hits hard but not a KO puncher at Welter, but just the shots that came from everywhere with speed.

Last edited:
Most likely the fastest hands belong to a smaller fighter. I imagine some flyweights are faster than this guy. But obviously they don't have the KO power of bigger fighters with fast hands.

Roy Jones may have had, whatever the inverse of p4p is, fastest hands but he was was too big at even 160lbs to be the fastest of his generation.

Macho Camacho was a local NY fighter who had some freakish hand speed for a while. @sweetviolenturg Might be able to talk a bit about his speed. Leonard probably was faster, however, when he kept everything tight.

I'm not sure if it was just the footage but some tapes of Tommy Hearns, like when he fought Duran, look unreal.

Roy Jones Jr. first that came to mind.

I thought about this a while ago I don't watch much boxing anymore I forgot all my names. I wanna say Mosley and Ray Leonard. Ali definitely had some incredible speed for a heavyweight.

people will shit on this but Cody has probably got the quickest hands in UFC.
He loss his fights because he wasn't fast enough in the pocket. He has fast hands but he loss to fighters with faster hands than him in the pocket.

Roy Jones, Gary Russell Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is up there.
This. Everyone PAC fights talks about his hand speed. He is able to connect on everyone with multiple punch combinations.

Back