Multiplatform Fate : Samurai / Remnant

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Enjoying the hell out of this game currently. Action RPG / JRPG. Fighting system is way better than I thought. Musou elements, but you can't button mash. There's two difficulties, the harder one puts in this perfect spot between hack and slash, sekiro-like, and slight musou elements. Very rewarding and full of great combos.

It's like playing an anime, and the characters are so good.There's no good or evil side (at least so far in the game, i'm 4 hours in it and im sidequesting a lot) , just complex characters with different points of view.

10/10

Tried the search function and didn't find any threads about the game. It deserves more love on Sherdog.

Last edited:
This actually does look great going to add it to my wishlist when I get a chance.

This actually does look great going to add it to my wishlist when I get a chance.

Highly recommended, and if you do, take the second difficulty (the harder one), and fight the first Digression you come across head on, without levelling up or advancing any further. It's a souls-tier boss fight, against a boss that can one shot you if he lands a particular devastating blow. But this one requires more patience than the usual Souls boss. Get sloppy for a second and you're dead.

Gonna try to keep this thread going for a while, trying to see if any Sherbros would pick this one up.

Counting on you @method115 <45>

Gonna try to keep this thread going for a while, trying to see if any Sherbros would pick this one up.

Counting on you @method115 <45>

Haha bro it'll be a while. PS5 shit the bed after a thunderstorm. Hopefully I'll get it working tomorrow once the power supply comes in tomorrow. Plus I'm trying not to play anything until FF7 rebirth end of this month.

That review was great though this game looks really awesome. Does it have an anime adaption as well? I know there are a bunch of these fate shows so I might want to watch that before playing.

Thanks for reminding me of this game on the other thread. Won’t be able to get to it for a long time though. Maybe if things are slow at the end of the year I’ll buy it on discount.

Haha bro it'll be a while. PS5 shit the bed after a thunderstorm. Hopefully I'll get it working tomorrow once the power supply comes in tomorrow. Plus I'm trying not to play anything until FF7 rebirth end of this month.

That review was great though this game looks really awesome. Does it have an anime adaption as well? I know there are a bunch of these fate shows so I might want to watch that before playing.

I tried watching the OG Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works) a few years ago, and got bored of it.

If anything, Fate Samurai would be a gateway into the series, not the other way around.

Now that I'm deeply getting into the lore of Fate (top tier world building), I look forward to watch the anime and make more connections and see how the ritual was performed across different eras or universes.

Imho, get into the game first, and try to bump it up your list. It's unlike anything I've played. Combat system is insanely fun. Gets easier and more overpowered, but its' extremely rewarding and fun. Digression sidequests are fucking amazing as well. Pretty much doing all sidequests in the game for the fun of it, not to chase trophies.

Again Sherbros, very highly recommended.

For fans of :

Hack and Slash
Platinum Games style
Souls-like (slightly)
Musou (slightly)
Sekiro like (quite a bit, actually)
Action RPG
Anime

Very story heavy too.

10/10.

I tried watching the OG Fate/Stay Night (Unlimited Blade Works) a few years ago, and got bored of it.

If anything, Fate Samurai would be a gateway into the series, not the other way around.

Now that I'm deeply getting into the lore of Fate (top tier world building), I look forward to watch the anime and make more connections and see how the ritual was performed across different eras or universes.

Imho, get into the game first, and try to bump it up your list. It's unlike anything I've played. Combat system is insanely fun. Gets easier and more overpowered, but its' extremely rewarding and fun. Digression sidequests are fucking amazing as well. Pretty much doing all sidequests in the game for the fun of it, not to chase trophies.

For fans of :

Hack and Slash
Platinum Games style
Souls-like (slightly)
Musou (slightly)
Action RPG
Anime

Very story heavy too.

10/10.

Yea I'm sold this looks like a really great game. Steam reviews are very high as well. I actually watched one of the series. I think it was unlimited blade works.I liked it but never watched any of the other ones.

Apparently this one does not have an anime connected to it but the director of the game I think it was is hoping they do it.

For fans of :

Hack and Slash
Platinum Games style
Souls-like (slightly)
Musou (slightly)
Action RPG
Anime

Very story heavy too.

10/10.
I think you’d love Granblue Fantasy Relink. Only thing is the story is short and almost serves as a tutorial. The real meat is the post game which kind of works like Monster Hunter games. You have a battle rating which increases as you take on harder missions and as you progress you unlock higher difficulty levels and new bosses. There are already 20 playable characters ant launch and each plays differently. Cygames (the developer) already has a small roadmap. Next month is a tough raid boss and in April there’s two more characters. There will be contained support afterwards too.

Fighting system is badass. There's 5 difference stances, each with its own purposes and difficulty.

Water stance - dual blades - For when there's big masses to shred through, it's the most musou-like stance, dodging and spamming attacks based. Cuts through hordes but is weak against individual enemies, enemies with armor, and bosses.

Earth stance - single blade. The most souls like, relies on blocking, and timing blocks to initiate parries. If you detect patterns of blockable attacks by bosses, you can switch instantly to a sekiro-like stance where you have to exactly time the counters to the attacks or get punished. One of my favorites. Some boss fights (samurai duels, usually) are only winnable by earth stance.

Fire stance - dual blades. the easy mode. Berserker, god of war style stance. Very effective, but the most boring to play. Still has its times.

Wind stance - single blade .Hard but rewarding, magic based. It's anti mage, anti armor, and shreds through bosses, but you have to build up a succession of normal attacks, like a 10 attack combo, to be able to unleash some badass magic attacks.

Void stance - dual blades. Probably my favorite. By far the hardest stance. Lighting fast, anime like attacks all over the place, but if you get hit, you get weaker and slower. The key to this stance is to avoid getting hit and maintain 100% health. Just unlocked it and having a blast with it. It's extremely powerful and cool looking, you just gotta avoid getting hit. Even at 80% HP bar you would be slower and less powerful.

You can also summon servants, each with their own set of skills, that you can unlock, play as temporarily when maxxing out certain gauges, and unleashing Noble Phantasms - ultimate tier attacks. Each servant has its own skill tree, and each fighting stance has its own skill tree. Highly customizable and more overpowered the more you delve into each skill tree.

This is seriously some good shit. Further playthroughs unlock more parts of the story, probably alternate endings as well, so I'll probably be NG+5 'ing the fuck out of this.

Again, highly recommended for any fans of melee combat games (souls, musou, god of war, dmc, no more heroes, this has a bit of everything). I'm also curious of what other sherdoggers would think of it. I'm fanboying hard on this one.

cc: @method115

Last edited:
Back