Law Father Faces Human Rights Complaint for Refusing Babysitting Services from a Man

I think it's perfectly acceptable to say "no, I'd rather not have a 30 year old man near my young children when I can't supervise".

Let's say the man were clearly gay and you had daughters. If he had good references from other families and a clean criminal history and good credit score would you still immediately rule him out? If so, why?

Men's Rights Activists.

They are literally the most annoying people in the world. They have some good points (homelessness is shockingly skewed by sex, prison rape is rampant and deplorable, mental health is heavily stigmatized according to gender roles). But those few issues are drowned out by a sea of whining, shitty anecdotes, and moaning about how men are oppressed, women have it so much better, feminism is evil, etc.
that divorce law though

tenor.gif

Don't see what this guy's purpose in this is. He just wants some kind of attention? He's almost 30 and tries to get babysitting gigs because that's his dream? Just sounds like a weirdo you shouldn't want near any kids.
canada gonna Canada.

So the dude did this before, and the case went all the way to Supreme Court where they dismissed it by saying parents have the right to be comfortable with whomever they welcome into their home.

How does he expect it to on round two?
Trudeau, bud, Trudeau.
I mean, he has to identify as a female Muslim pedophile to get full support... but there is a new hope, for sure.

are you suggesting all 30 year old men are child molesters?

If they desperately want to look after kids, then yes, that would be the default working assumption.

Let's say the man were clearly gay and you had daughters. If he had good references from other families and a clean criminal history and good credit score would you still immediately rule him out? If so, why?
no strange man goes alone with my daughters

Not a pedo. The pedo types wouldn't sue.

Strikes me as someone looking to push the male discrimination angle. Especially since he also lost this exact type of case a few years earlier. That or he looks to settle and this is just a clever economic come up. I don't have any other guesses.

Frivolous lawsuits should 100% be paid for by the one that brings it to court.

Besides the fact that he's a 28 year old wannabe babysitter, (and finding a job can ONLY get harder as he begins to bald, age, and put on weight down the line) his name will now come up in a Google search. If your name is popping up on court cases, for whatever reason, you don't get to even look at my kid.
Sadly Canada's Human Rights Tribunals are quasi courts with court ability (hear cases, fine or otherwise punish) that are actually outside the court system.

A petitioner brings an application (that comedian was mean to me after I heckled him, as Lesbians said) and if the Tribunal agrees to take up the case, you need to bring a lawyer and defend yourself and all the costs, while the applicant has none. If they rule against you the fines are binding. BUt you could then spend more money to go to a real court to try and get them over turned.

Edmonton has a lot of activism. Especially in our large trans community. Does not seem like this is in any way tied to the latter though. But to me the fact he feels entitled is actually the main reason I would not have him with my kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back