Platinum Member
Reaction score
FrigidNauticalHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

m7H_ke.gif

giphy.gif

thread should be titled
favorite WWE 60 minute iron match.

i'm not voting for any of those.

Bret/HBK was cool, but Brock/Angle was my favorite.

Bret/HBK is ridiculously overrated. The HHH/Rock one was the best but wasn't it only 30 minutes?

Bret/HBK is ridiculously overrated. The HHH/Rock one was the best but wasn't it only 30 minutes?

I thought it was an hour.

Agreed on Bret/HBK. The stipulation actually hurt it because the nearfalls didn't matter. If they had just done a 60-minute time limit draw with Gorilla saying to re-start for a sudden death, it probably would have been better.

I've only seen HBK VS Brett.

Hell, didn't even remember any of the other ones happening.

Were they good? Worth watching?

Was that the one where Trips blasted him with the chair for a dq...then immediately got multiple pins while Rock was out? That was smart.

Was that the one where Trips blasted him with the chair for a dq...then immediately got multiple pins while Rock was out? That was smart.
Had the hot return for Taker too.

I'm remembering Brock getting an intentional DQ as well. If I still had the Network I'd double check, but I remember the match being on Smackdown and that was cool as hell too.

Only 30 mins, but Omega/PAC from Dynamite was fucking fantastic.

I'm remembering Brock getting an intentional DQ as well. If I still had the Network I'd double check, but I remember the match being on Smackdown and that was cool as hell too.

Yep. He smashed Angle with the chair a few times and got the DQ loss. Covered him and then tied it up lol and then he continued to beat him down. He got a lead, Kurt came back but couldn't tie it up before the time ran out.

Yep. He smashed Angle with the chair a few times and got the DQ loss. Covered him and then tied it up lol and then he continued to beat him down. He got a lead, Kurt came back but couldn't tie it up before the time ran out.

I remember the hype, because at that time Angle and Brock were two of my favorites (me being a former HS wrestler, and they were damn good in ring) and as a boot E-3 I was too poor for PPVs so seeing that kind of match for free was memorable as fuck.

I remember the hype, because at that time Angle and Brock were two of my favorites (me being a former HS wrestler, and they were damn good in ring) and as a boot E-3 I was too poor for PPVs so seeing that kind of match for free was memorable as fuck.

Easily the best smackdown match of all time imo the only flaw is you don't get to see the entire match due to commercials

Easily the best smackdown match of all time imo the only flaw is you don't get to see the entire match due to commercials

Seemed like everything worked out better then though..... and IIRC at that time SD was taped on Tues?

The internet existed then and I was 22 at the time so wasn't a dumb kid mark ...but still things at that time was just better.

Seemed like everything worked out better then though..... and IIRC at that time SD was taped on Tues?

The internet existed then and I was 22 at the time so wasn't a dumb kid mark ...but still things at that time was just better.

I thought it was on Thursday? I can't recall.
Smackdown at that time had the best roster imo they had all the best technical workers (Kurt, Brock, Benoit, Eddie) plus they had Edge and Mysterio. Quality matches were produced weekly, now you're lucky to get a handful in a year.

I thought it was on Thursday? I can't recall.
Smackdown at that time had the best roster imo they had all the best technical workers (Kurt, Brock, Benoit, Eddie) plus they had Edge and Mysterio. Quality matches were produced weekly, now you're lucky to get a handful in a year.

Taped Tues or Wed broadcast on Thurs.

Was true at one point but I don't know if it was then.

Benoit/Angle Ultimate Submission 30 minute Ironman match was most excellent.

Back