Favorite video game of all time

Which video game is best

• Total voters
How can you have a greatest game of all time list without putting the greatest game of all time in there?

giphy.gif

Shame on you TS..
also

duke-nukem-3d-art_1440.0.0.jpg

I think if the question was favorite multi-player games those would be my top two as well (though I preferred WM2000 and WCW/nWo Revenge over NM).
Back in the day we would look at the graphics in WcwNwo Revenge and be amazed. Nowadays a kid like my 9 yr old son looked at these graphics and he said "what in the heck is that" LoL

upload_2021-7-24_13-2-59.png

Skyrim
Diablo 2
Saints Row 2

honorable mentions to Saints Row 3, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Sim City 3000, Super Mega Baseball 3, NFL 2K5, Star Wars Rogue Squadron, SoulCalibur 3, and Battlefront 2 (PS2 one)

Also why is Super Mario and Duck Hunt grouped together?

I couldnt pick one, when I think of a favorite video game the following are tied:

Super Mario World
Half-Life
Counter Strike 1.6
Deus Ex (2000)
Thief II: The Metal Age
Ninja Gaiden (2004)
Pro Evolution Soccer 5

upload_2021-7-24_13-55-43.png

I used to play the shite out this game lol

Just for the metrics of time played by myself and so many other people, it's really hard to top WoW. It's certainly not held in such a high status as it once was, but those few years after it's release were like nothing else I ever experienced in the gaming sphere and likely never will again. It was lighting in a bottle.

For single player games I'd go with Bakdues gate series, fallout 2, Skyrim or Half Life 2 off the top of my head. And KOTOR

Metal Gear Solid series as well as Resident Evils...also it's a travesty that God of War isn't up there imo

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Still replay it at least once a year.

super Metroid from the list above.

<mma4>

I did not know that, that makes more sense then.

Yeah, almost every person I ever met that had an NES got this bundle, that came with Mario & Duck Hunt together on the same cartridge, along with the light gun needed to play Duck Hunt.

s-l300.jpg

My family got the bundle for Christmas 1990. Christmas morning that year was the first and last time I ever saw my mom play a video game, maybe five minutes of Duck Hunt

Back