Fedor vs Anderson

The Last King

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not long ago Coker was talking about making this fight but it seems that Anderson has declined because he wants to concentrate on boxing. It's too bad because this fight would be one of the most special fights for hardcore fans that I could think of. An absolute LEGACY FIGHT.

Yes, both guys are past it but both guys have shown flashes of brilliance in recent fights and demonstrated that they still have SPEED. Anderson just clowned JCC Jr. in boxing and Fedor knocked out a guy who would probably be top 10 in the UFC right now with a 3 piece. Both accomplishments are impressive and demonstrate athletics that don't really reflect their age.

Both guys can still bring it. Anderson can still matrix someone and Fedor can still knock a HW dead and wouldnt be coming to "fanboy spar" with Ando like Izzy did. He'd be throwing to kill. Both guys have shot chins which would guarantee a wild and exciting stoppage finish which would be historic regardless of who is on which side of it.

The whole MMA community of professional fighters would tune in and tweet about it. All of Brazil would tune in, all of Russia would tune in and you can bet your ass Dana and Lorenzo would tune in too- More importantly hundreds of thousands of hardcore fans in the US would tune in and a big chunk of them would pay. 150K buys wouldn't surprise me at all or Bellator could play the CBS angle.

CBS could dig it because the Pride GOAT vs UFC GOAT storyline is VALID and they could run with that. My thoughts are that Anderson knows the gravity of this fight and the stress that it comes with. Why take this fight with Fedor for 1mil when you can box Jake Paul for 3 mil and then use the hype from that to set up another boxing fight for another 3-5 mil.

I hespect Andersons decision but damn this would be a treat for the REEL FENS, the real fighters and the real historians of the sport. I hope Bellator could convince Anderson to take this fight. I would rather watch this than 90% of fights in the UFC and I'm sure so would many others.

The same guys saying they're too old are the ones who are watching Oleinik vs Latiffi. Give me a break. Fedor vs Anderson would be a fucking VIBE.

<{cruzshake}>
This fight makes no sense to book right now. If they could’ve done it back when Fedor fought Rampage, that’d have been fine. But to do this in each guy’s last fight, thereby almost guaranteeing that one of these legends gets laid the fuck out in their last fight??
Why do you guys want that?

—If Fedor loses to Anderson, the “Fedor lost to a middleweight”crowd will never ever shut the fuck up. And if beats Anderson, he gains almost nothing. Fedor is the HW and Silva a career MW, he is supposed to beat Anderson. It’s expected. And I think he would, but why do you want Anderson Silva to get his head knocked off by Fedor in his last fight? Or vice versa?

Fedor-Bader 2 is the fight to make, and Coker needs to book that shit ASAP. It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

<{cruzshake}>
This fight makes no sense to book right now. If they could’ve done it back when Fedor fought Rampage, that’d have been fine. But to do this in each guy’s last fight, thereby almost guaranteeing that one of these legends gets laid the fuck out in their last fight??

—If Fedor loses to Anderson, the “Fedor lost to a middleweight”crowd will never ever shut the fuck up. And if beats Anderson, he gains almost nothing. Fedor is the HW and Silva a career MW, he is supposed to beat Anderson. It’s expected. And I think he would, but why do you want Anderson Silva to get his head knocked off by Fedor in his last fight? Or vice versa?

Fedor-Bader 2 is the fight to make, and Coker needs to book that shit ASAP. It’s getting ridiculous at this point.

Coker seems to be waiting until Fedor is 50 before giving him that fight.

I'd love to see it. Despite them both being over a decade and a half past their primes and having dodgy chins now, I feel the most likely outcome is Anderson would end up in the hospital after this, and he surely knows it. Fedor doesn't point fight, and still brings intense bone-crushing violence to his fights.

What about Fedor vs Logan p.?

Coker seems to be waiting until Fedor is 50 before giving him that fight.
It’s beyond ridiculous. The hold up seems to be from Bader, who isn’t interested in the fight. But AFAIC, when you’re the champ you don’t get to pick and choose. Your job is to defend against whoever the promotion puts in front of you. It’s crazy that Fedor last fought a year ago, and they haven’t booked shit yet. As a Strikeforce fan it pains me to say this, but Coker is an absolutely awful promoter and matchmaker.

It’s beyond ridiculous. The hold up seems to be from Bader, who isn’t interested in the fight. But AFAIC, when you’re the champ you don’t get to pick and choose. Your job is to defend against whoever the promotion puts in front of you. It’s crazy that Fedor last fought a year ago, and they haven’t booked shit yet. As a Strikeforce fan it pains me to say this, but Coker is an absolutely awful promoter and matchmaker.

Sounds like Fedor wanted to be retired already, but Covid and Bellator have delayed the whole thing. Fedor looked good last time, but each time he has to wait a year or two for another fight he is that much older. Eventually he will look bad if this keeps up. Let the man have his final fight and ride off into the sunset.

If they won't give him the Bader fight, or bring in Werdum or something, I'd be fine if he just retired off his last fight.

Sounds like Fedor wanted to be retired already, but Covid and Bellator have delayed the whole thing. Fedor looked good last time, but each time he has to wait a year or two for another fight he is that much older. Eventually he will look bad if this keeps up. Let the man have his final fight and ride off into the sunset.

If they won't give him the Bader fight, or bring in Werdum or something, I'd be fine if he just retired off his last fight.
Wish that Fedor fought Bader in the Red Square in Moscow and retired. What am epic moment that would be. But as it seems, I doubt that's gonna happen so where is the location of Fedor's retirement? Japan? Chicago? New York?

Wish that Fedor fought Bader in the Red Square in Moscow and retired. What am epic moment that would be. But as it seems, I doubt that's gonna happen so where is the location of Fedor's retirement? Japan? Chicago? New York?

If Russia isn't possible, Japan seems the most fitting. It's where his legend was made. So Bellator will do it somewhere else lol

If Russia isn't possible, Japan seems the most fitting. It's where his legend was made. So Bellator will do it somewhere else lol
I had heard that Bellator is planning a January event for Japan, so….

Sioux Falls, SD it shall be! ;)

<{cruzshake}>

Who gives a shit about what autists say? If Fedor loses to Anderson its an honor because Anderson is one of the GOATs. A universally respected all time great. If Fedor beats Anderson same thing. That whole "lost to a MW" angle is only supported by Dana White soy boys. I'd rather have a loss to Anderson than two KO losses to vanilla ass Bader who no one will remember or celebrate 10 years from now. Fedor is 46 years old so any intelligent fan could forgive him for losing to Anderson in this stage of his career. I don't understand the logic of hating on this fight between two All time greats but cheering for a Bader rematch which 1) no one will care about and 2) guarantees 2 KO losses on Fedors record to a forgotten guy nobody will give a shit about a decade from now.

Who gives a shit about what autists say? If Fedor loses to Anderson its an honor because Anderson is one of the GOATs. A universally respected all time great. If Fedor beats Anderson same thing. That whole "lost to a MW" angle is only supported by Dana White soy boys. I'd rather have a loss to Anderson than two KO losses to vanilla ass Bader who no one will remember or celebrate 10 years from now. Fedor is 46 years old so any intelligent fan could forgive him for losing to Anderson in this stage of his career. I don't understand the logic of hating on this fight between two All time greats but cheering for a Bader rematch which 1) no one will care about and 2) guarantees 2 KO losses on Fedors record to a forgotten guy nobody will give a shit about a decade from now.
Firstly, I don’t think Fedor is going to lose the rematch to Bader. But even if he did, he’d at least go down fighting for a title rather than some meaningless legends match. Fedor doesn’t gain shit by beating Anderson. There’s no reward in it at all. It’s winning the title again at age 46 that will be remembered a decade from now, not another win against another old fighter like he had with Rampage, Mir, or Chael.

It’s not even just that Silva is a career MW. He is 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights, and it really should be 0-8-1. Fedor meanwhile is 6-2 in his last 8. I’m a big Silva fan and I’m not trying to disrespect him, but why the hell should Fedor be fighting him again?? A fight with an old legend two weightclasses below who hasn’t won a fight in years is silly and meaningless.
Fedor earned the rematch with Bader and that’s the fight to make.

Anderson wins. Even prime anderson wins.

I had heard that Bellator is planning a January event for Japan, so….

Sioux Falls, SD it shall be! ;)
And knowing bellator they'll have fedors fight up against a huge UFC card along with Jake Paul and a sports playoff lr something

<{cruzshake}>

Another defeat by a middleweight after Hendo...

Back