Fighter Leather Baggloves

brucelee

The King of Nunchaku
@White
Reaction score
A few months back I received questions about the Fighter bag gloves I mentioned when reviewing their 16 Oz. budget leather gloves here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fighter-16-oz-leather-gloves.3925917/

Now, I have used the cheaper bag gloves for a few months on and off and almost daily over the past month. Normal usage for me is around 6 or 7 rounds of heavy bag per day, 5 times a week. I am not having so much time this summer as I normally have.

baggloves-DSC_0199.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the glove differs from normal gloves with a green area sewn into the target area over the knuckles. It is said to hold a thin gel type structure in that area. I haven't cut it out, so I can't say it for sure, but it does certainly feel like that. The gel area feels a bit harder than the rest of the padding, but not by much. If you compare it to Rival's bag gloves, this one is not nearly as hard on the target. The glove is broken in rather quickly after 4 or 5 days. It gives me the impression of sticking to the target well and does not bounce off as much as the softer and bigger padded gloves, i.e. Twins or TopTen. The padding is firm to medium. I guess it gets a bit softer after some time of use. However, I have observed no tear down in the padding over 6 months.

The glove is sized in S, M and L and I used L. On the scale it clocks 15 Oz.

The images should show the material and craftsmanship. In my eyes the green mesh inlays and the target area are more for design than functionalilty. Overall the quality is pretty good considering the glove is just 40 bucks. The outside surface material is real leather. It's soft and holds up okay. I had the feeling that it needed to be kept dry and aired out after each workout. I am not sure this type of soft leather will take moist very well over a longer time. The velcro strap is covered with a very thin layer of leather. While it is thin and flexible it wrinkles easily. That makes it look a bit cheap. The inner linings are of the same material that budget shoes are made of inside. Its shiny and does work. I tend to use tape when I wrap my hands and sometimes the sticky edges of the tape cause to stick to the lining. So far it didn't tear, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did at some point.

When hitting the bag it has a good realistic feeling to it. Wrist support is not bad at all for a glove with velcro. The fastening is done sligtly angled. That does probably ad a tighter feeling for the wrist. I would say the L sized glove is fine for medium hands up to light heavyweight. It widened as I used it. Concerning the finger compartment II felt comfortable, but I think people with extra long fingers might find it to short. The grip bar is a bit too thick for my taste and this feeling gets emphasized by the thickness of the material at the tip of the fingers. This could be improved. I can still clench my hand well enough to make a fist and punch hard, but with handwraps on it feels like a bit too much fabrics inside my fist.

I will still use this bag glove for awhile together with my others. For 40 bucks it is pretty good. If I were a pro heavyweight training and sweating every day, I'd probably not use it, but for a part time gym champion it does a decent job.

Here is a link to the vendor's product page:
https://www.fighters-inc.com/fighter-safety-bag-gloves-black-green-1569.html

Since the target area isn't much harder than most other gloves, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use it for sparring as well. The seams are soft and won't cut.

baggloves-DSC_0208.jpg
baggloves-DSC_0202.jpg
baggloves-DSC_0201.jpg
Almost forgot to mention, the pair comes with a small mesh bag.

baggloves-DSC_0217.jpg

Attachments

• baggloves-DSC_0210.jpg
    baggloves-DSC_0210.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 2
Back