Fighter with unexpected good grappling/bjj skills

You mean the Conor with ONE sub in his entire career? And that was in the minor leagues in 2012?

The clown that jumped a gilly.. On Poirier?

lol.. The same Poirier that has zero gilly wins on his resume. But he keeps trying..

That’s the Conor you mean, right?
As someone else mentioned, he defended against Khabib much better than Dustin or Justin. Swept Nate pretty easily

Gilbert Burns also stated his grappling is good/underrated, but what does he know about grappling

anderson silva
people forget hes a legit blackblet in bjj

his bjj is almost on par with his striking (i might be exaggerating on almost in par)

you get ko'd on the feet
on the ground its no problem for him strangling you

Bas Rutten? He came from striking background and had mamy sibmission wins, he picked up grappling quickly on early days of mma

I think Leon Edwards is a guy that's a lot better than you'd expect, considering he's mainly a striker. I like that he's not afraid to go for it too, even against good grapplers like Usman and Colby, actually attempting takedowns against them.

Mainly MMA fighters who I felt were fundamentally good on the ground and mat. But a fighter like Forrest for example, a person would rarely see him on the mat in some fights.

Forrest Griffin
Rich Franklin
Matt Serra
Chris Lytle

Akiyama only lost by submission once in his career.

leben.gif

Cain Velasquez neutralized Brock Lesnar's wrestling with the butterfly guard whereas Frank Mir just got flattened and ground and pounded.

LOL
Dude is a stud bjj player and was Rich Franklins grappling coach.
Dude just opted for the stand and bang, which cost him dearly.

People were always confused why he did not use it.
He got heel hooked by @Zer

Cain Velasquez neutralized Brock Lesnar's wrestling with the butterfly guard whereas Frank Mir just got flattened and ground and pounded.
Was that a butterfly guard? Lol usually with a butterfly guard you can have your opponent completely not touching the ground before you get the sweep and Brock is a bigass dude to do that too

He swept Nate in their fight and he defended Khabib's takedown better than both Gaethje and Poirier. His grappling is underrated. He just gasses and wilts mentally.
Conor uses power more than skill. Once he gases, his grappling is gone. He can’t muscle out of grappling exchanges

You mean the Conor with ONE sub in his entire career? And that was in the minor leagues in 2012?

The clown that jumped a gilly.. On Poirier?

lol.. The same Poirier that has zero gilly wins on his resume. But he keeps trying..

That’s the Conor you mean, right?
Rent free

Val Schevchenko. Entered UFC as a decorated striker and has learned to use grappling effectively fir the most part.

Kazushi Sakuraba for being a former pro wrestler

CM Punk because he only tapped once LOL
Sakuraba is a really good call out. It wasn't until later in his career that he trained with Marcello but he had already smoked the Gracies by then.

LOL
Dude is a stud bjj player and was Rich Franklins grappling coach.
Dude just opted for the stand and bang, which cost him dearly.

People were always confused why he did not use it.
I think Imanari shredding his knee gave him PTSD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back