Fighters to keep an eye on in 2020?

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Sometimes it's difficult to keep track on all the new fighters in either muay thai or kickboxing. Personally hadn't paid attention to guys like Rungkit, Chanalert, Yoshiki Takei, Yuki Egawa until recently. I'm sure there are many more. Who do you think the guys to keep an eye on will be?

LOL i meant to write 2020

I'd say Rodtang. He went 8-0 in 2019 and seems to have polished up his game.

Still, Roman Kryklia
Tarik Khbabez
Sebastian Cozmanca (12-0 streak, last 9 fights 9 KOs)
Eduard Gafencu (11-0, 8 KOs)
Tayfun Ozcan
Regian Eersel

I hope Stoica brothers will also do well, but they are already known, just I want them in the elite. And I am willing Jorge Loren to keep the tempo, plus Donovan Wisse to develop but I can"t say he is predictable in development. Big talent, but... And Londt and Groenahrt, to do well to satisfy me!

But actually I am not really sold on anybody, might be a boring 2020, I must check more non-top 10.

Japan: 55kg division Masahiko Suzuki (his opponent for his next title defence Rasta is interesting too), Toki Tamaru, Akihiro Kaneko, Masashi Kumura, Junki Sasaki, Yuma Saikyo and many more.
At 60kg Kento Haraguchi and Hirotaka Asahisa. In Shootboxing Renta Nishioka, Yuuki Kasahara and Kaito.

Japanese fighters in Muay thai too like Issei Ishii, Nadaka Yoshinari, Ryuya Okuwaki, Kazuki Osaki...

In Rebels: Haruto Yasumoto, Ryuto Oinuma, Shogo Kuriaki, Yoshiho Tane and Hiroki Suzuki.

From Eastern Europe Oleg Likthorovich, Dmitry Menshikov and Alaverdi Ramazanov.
Huo Xiaolong in China.
In Enfusion I keep an eye on Robin Ciric, Mohamed Boutasaa and Levi Rigters.

Last edited:
From Japan Shiratori Taiju, Egawa Yuki and Kimura Philip Minoru.

What about Ferrari Jakkayan Muay Thai? He lost against the top fighters he fought so far but he looked skilled. Also beat Thaksinlek the other day

The Thais are overrated, you should take a look at K-1's Yuki Egawa.

The Thais are overrated
I wasn't asking about already established stars but up and coming fighters. How can they be overrated if they're virtually unknown outside of thailand?

I never heard of this thai guy before and he did quite well against Takei

I love the sport, but can only keep track of very few fighters. Rodtang is pretty much the only one that interests me...I follow Charles Rodriguez (USA) and Eddie Abasolo (USA) cause they're personal friends of mine.

Donovan Wisse,Mohammed Mezouari and Vlad Tuinov. Its true they are already in glory but I feeling that 2020 will be a good year for them.

I think Rungkhao might be become really good in the 140 lbs category.

At around 131 lbs previously he lost to Dechksada (KO) , to Rungkit and to Pet U Thong and won against Superlek and Extra. Now he just beat Panpayak Sitchefboontham. I don't like his style to be honest but lanky clinch fighters are hard to deal with. Hope to see him against more top fighters.

Prospect of the year:
Saoto Sitchefboontham

I probably haven't seen any of his fights. Have you guys heard of him?

He beat Diesellek

Last edited:
Donovan Wisse,Mohammed Mezouari and Vlad Tuinov. Its true they are already in glory but I feeling that 2020 will be a good year for them.
Idk about Tuinov. He was supposed to be some sort of prospect but he has fallen short so far

Marek Pelcis watch out for him. I see him in glory in the next 2-4 years.

chingiz allazov os a great prospect, would love to see he fighting in glory. bet he crushes grigorian tho

Last edited:
I wasn't asking about already established stars but up and coming fighters. How can they be overrated if they're virtually unknown outside of thailand?

I never heard of this thai guy before and he did quite well against Takei

never see a southpaw with lead hand uppercuts so good as this takei guy... a shame that his defense is not so good as his punches

Back