Fighting against a wild puncher.

Tokyo e Roma

White Belt
Reaction score
Recently, some fifteen year-old, who gets into street fights a lot, said he was going to kick my ass. Later, he offered to fight me.... so on and so on. Anyways, he basically just runs at you and throws haymakers, I'll avoid a fight if I can but this kid is known for just randomly starting to tee off on guys. What should I do if I fight him? Should I just take him down and end it there? Or what stand up strategy should I use?

No point in us telling you anything. If you get into a fight with him, you'll forget everything the second it starts. Textbook knowledge doesn't substitute experience.

Swift kick to the balls is your best bet. Who gives a fuck what it looks like, you're out there to win.

I don't want to tell you to be careless, but if you DO knock him out with a crane kick, you'll be the coolest fucking kid in your school

take him down and bite off his cheek, no one will ever fuck with you again

Keep your hands up, move your head and throw straight punches and upper cuts. This is a street fight not a match at a competition with rules so if you can take him to the ground and finish it instantly then do it. There's no need to make the fight last longer than it needs to.

If your sure no one else will jump in shoot straight for the takedown. Don't even bother standing with the brawler. If you have any grappling experience, a size or a strength advantage you will easily beat him this way.

If your sure no one else will jump in shoot straight for the takedown. Don't even bother standing with the brawler. If you have any grappling experience, a size or a strength advantage you will easily beat him this way.

Yeah ive been doing brazilian jiu jitsu since i was 7 so thats y im not worried about him i just want to humiliate him standing up.... crane kick.... etc.

Ok, this is a stupid thread, but I'll oblige. Chin on your chest eyes up, start with a jab, then straight punches moving fwd. People generaly windmill with hooks, if you throw 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2 you should land first

Tell him he could have the W and move on, not worth the trouble.

duck off to the right side and throw a jab and/or duck off to the left and throw a straight.

this is how i was taught to deal with wild punchers. usually works in training.

The best way to stop someone from flailing, is to eliminate their base and/or smother them. Think of throwing a big blanket at someone who is swinging around nunchakus.

Punch him right in the face.

Seriously though if the kids throwing punches like it's going out of style, step out, wait, then step in with a right of left straight to the kids face.

If that doesn't work sweep the leg.

Back