Fighting Games Discussion

Yea that was funny, because after the 1st set it took forever to let us rematch too lol. I was like what is going on.

Yeah in that game on the third round your character just stood there and I thought maybe you were afk for a second but then my buttons stopped working too lmao. The game's netcode is great but their lobby is kind of whack. I've had times where I'm just constantly getting "failed to get duel station information" and "failed to connect to player" and it will persist for like a good 10 min or so. I'm on ethernet and have good internet too so I'm sure it's the servers/lobby just being ass at times.

Sounds good bro, your Axl is really good I can't do shit once you start keeping me away lmao. Definitely an interesting matchup

Haha so I think the toughest part is that Axl's 5P counter hits Dolphin and launches you full screen, so it's having to get close all over again from a jab sometimes. I'm not sure if other characters can do that to Dolphin. That and having to guess right on an 70% screen distance 50/50 attack/command grab. May is a bully, but I think she has a harder time getting in with that MU than Characters like Chipp or Millia.

Yeah in that game on the third round your character just stood there and I thought maybe you were afk for a second but then my buttons stopped working too lmao. The game's netcode is great but their lobby is kind of whack. I've had times where I'm just constantly getting "failed to get duel station information" and "failed to connect to player" and it will persist for like a good 10 min or so. I'm on ethernet and have good internet too so I'm sure it's the servers/lobby just being ass at times.

Oh it's 100% the lobby/server. You see my comment is "when are the wifi filters" haha I have a strong setup too. But sometimes it does random stuff like that. Amazing netcode, but possibly the worst lobby in history.

Haha so I think the toughest part is that Axl's 5P counter hits Dolphin and launches you full screen, so it's having to get close all over again from a jab sometimes. I'm not sure if other characters can do that to Dolphin. That and having to guess right on an 70% screen distance 50/50 attack/command grab. May is a bully, but I think she has a harder time getting in with that MU than Characters like Chipp or Millia.

Oh it's 100% the lobby/server. You see my comment is "when are the wifi filters" haha I have a strong setup too. But sometimes it does random stuff like that. Amazing netcode, but possibly the worst lobby in history.

I think the 2H (I think that's the input) is also really annoying to deal with because that also shuts the dolphins down and when I'm in neutral/dolphin range it's very tempting for me to press it but the 2H crushes it. Also, I'm not really sure how I should be using my Burst because if I use it and push you away i feel like I'm screwing myself over. I was thinking I should only do it if it's gonna push you into the corner and I'm already half or quarter screen.

It seems like the matchup is a lot about feeling/reading how May will approach. I guess in general that's probably how Axl has to play because he has the right tools to keep people out but has to make sure he uses the right buttons. Definitely as the set went on you knew when I wanted to jump and when I was scared to move and would just do the command grab instead.

I think the 2H (I think that's the input) is also really annoying to deal with because that also shuts the dolphins down and when I'm in neutral/dolphin range it's very tempting for me to press it but the 2H crushes it. Also, I'm not really sure how I should be using my Burst because if I use it and push you away i feel like I'm screwing myself over. I was thinking I should only do it if it's gonna push you into the corner and I'm already half or quarter screen.

It seems like the matchup is a lot about feeling/reading how May will approach. I guess in general that's probably how Axl has to play because he has the right tools to keep people out but has to make sure he uses the right buttons. Definitely as the set went on you knew when I wanted to jump and when I was scared to move and would just do the command grab instead.

I think Axl is the only Character that is okay with people bursting lol. For sure it's best to save it for when my back is closer to the corner. Worst feeling in this game is being trapped in a corner with Axl with no meter or burst. But if you are the one near the corner, it's almost a bad idea in that MU.

Yep dead on. Thing is with Axl is that he's very read-based and MU-based. He has all the defensive tools you can ask for, but you really have to know the MU and know when to use which because of the heavy recovery leaving him open on many of his moves when whiffed. So he has to try to "create" the tone or pace to force blocks and jumps. Or he has to bait movement by pushing fast recovery normals when at distance and then react. Love the character for the playstyle.

May on the other hand is an Uber bully, so she can delete a lifebar with two combos. I think for her the most things I have seen that are harder to read or deal with when using Axl are double jumps when at the midscreen-ish range (all three Axl upward options whiff), when you make a hard read at near full screen that I'll go for the explosion version of chain you can do a micro dash into an air dash and land an air anchor counter hit for full combo before I recover, and corner pressure when you have meter advantage because I'm forced to guess between overhead 1 bar combo/low poke 1 bar combo/command grab no bar combo. Ugh lol.

Cooperation Cup presents SPECIAL FT10 ROUND.2: STREET FIGHTER III 3rd STRIKE 20210723 13:00 JST

KOF XV is coming together nicely. Much better graphically than XIV. I still prefer the artistic style of XIII, and would love to see KOF get the ArcSys animated looking 3D treatment, but this new one does look pretty good.

I haven't picked up GGS, but Goldlewis Dickinson looks like a fun character. He swings his coffin in the same direction as the players input motion.

I'm wondering who is going to be on the Women's team now that King is with Art of Fighting. Mai, Yuri, and maybe Athena? Alice? Kasumi?

Thinking of picking up Skullgirls; I've enjoyed the mobile "port" and want to try out the real version.

Was wondering if the Switch version is worth a buy or is the online community there totally dead? PC and XBone are options too but I like having the option of playing anywhere even if it is just PvE modes.

Love ultra David’s reaction lol

I'm convinced at this point that the netcode SFV uses must be somehow baked into the game not allowing for any sort of rollback update. From what I remember, it was one guy who build the entire code lol. It's going to be interesting to see how Capcom addresses it for SFVI. My guess is that they will put a lot more emphasis on online given there are recent examples of people being forced to play online.

Back