Fighting Games Discussion

I'm gonna fucking cry if Zafina isn't in Tekken 8

Also gonna cry if Skarlet isn't in MK12

Roster trailer. So I guess Ed, Akuma, Rashid, and AKI are DLC. It would be nice if they were unlockable, but not in this current landscape.

FcyWe2eX0AMKRii

Last edited:
A Fightcade Third Strike F10 match between two S rank players. Dudley vs Yang.

Even if you don't, it seems to always be on sale.

Exodus is stil an onliner after all these years. His confirms were good, but I couldn’t even finish the set. He’s jumping way too much against Yang. He does a ton of online shit like missing the uoh and mashing DP after. Just a bunch of shit that gets punished on a cab. Nica KO probably 10-3s him offline tbh

idk how a game is out for so long and nobody gets better, some of the best 3rd strike players don’t even play the game anymore.

Last edited:
Looks like we found the 2nd grappler

She may share some moves with T.Hawk but it'd be hilarious bad if she can do the mexican typhoon, especially on Zangief and Honda. If the character was gonna make sense, she'd have all his moves minus the grab, and other new special moves, thus making her not a grappler.

The second grappler is probably Mimi if she is the female Able like everyone speculate.

What are your guys thoughts on the Hit Box vs Stick debate raging through the FGC right now? I'm considering getting one but they're pretty expensive. Would hate to get one and then have it banned lol, then again, with a kid, I don't see myself going to many tournaments in the future. That and I just don't have the time to grind and lab like I used to.

What are your guys thoughts on the Hit Box vs Stick debate raging through the FGC right now? I'm considering getting one but they're pretty expensive. Would hate to get one and then have it banned lol, then again, with a kid, I don't see myself going to many tournaments in the future. That and I just don't have the time to grind and lab like I used to.

Some people straight up call it cheatbox, while defender says it requires higher skill ceiling to fully utilize its advantages and kind of frame it like saying its like people using modern control saying using classic control is cheating. I am kind of torn in the middle because I use to play fighting game on PC emulation with keyboard but I have a hard time using the arrow keys to do 720s so I thought I was playing at an handicap, I also wonder about learning hitbox because I had experience with keyboard.

Some people straight up call it cheatbox, while defender says it requires higher skill ceiling to fully utilize its advantages and kind of frame it like saying its like people using modern control saying using classic control is cheating. I am kind of torn in the middle because I use to play fighting game on PC emulation with keyboard but I have a hard time using the arrow keys to do 720s so I thought I was playing at an handicap, I also wonder about learning hitbox because I had experience with keyboard.

Honestly, I can see the argument for it being considered a cheatbox in its current state. I believe the main issue revolves around input priority. It allows players to do things like instant charge attacks only needing to release a single button. Nephew does a great job here explaining the discussion.

That said, sticks are probably much more fun to play with but there’s not doubt (at least to me) that hitbox is the most optimal and safest way to play. If I was just starting out aiming to go pro, I would absolutely go hitbox. Removing any possible input error from a stick sounds like a cheat code to me lol.

Honestly, I can see the argument for it being considered a cheatbox in its current state. I believe the main issue revolves around input priority. It allows players to do things like instant charge attacks only needing to release a single button. Nephew does a great job here explaining the discussion.

That said, sticks are probably much more fun to play with but there’s not doubt (at least to me) that hitbox is the most optimal and safest way to play. If I was just starting out aiming to go pro, I would absolutely go hitbox. Removing any possible input error from a stick sounds like a cheat code to me lol.

no such thing as a hit box 3rd strike cab, can’t be that good

Back