Fighting Games Discussion

I'm convinced at this point that the netcode SFV uses must be somehow baked into the game not allowing for any sort of rollback update. From what I remember, it was one guy who build the entire code lol. It's going to be interesting to see how Capcom addresses it for SFVI. My guess is that they will put a lot more emphasis on online given there are recent examples of people being forced to play online.

Didn't it also take one guy to temporarily fix it? At least for the PC players.

So it is Athena. This is a team I used to play a long time ago so I'm all for it.

29_athena06.jpg

But where does this leave team Psycho Soldier? It's normally Athena, Kensou, and Chin. Momoko and Bao weren't the most interesting characters IMO.

Lol, and you wonder why people call this Blonde Fighter V. Geez. Looks like Ed 2.0 with some Steve Fox. Gameplay looks good though.

Nope.

Yea, they always go overboard with the blondes. But I really like the gameplay. Looks to be MMA influenced. Sage Northcutt tho lol. I haven't fired up SFV in a long time, but everyone has agreed its in it's best state ever. The Fighting Game's as a service is a cool idea, but man, playing the same fighting game for 6 straight years can be a bit stale.

That character design looks horrible IMO. Even has USA style tribal tats. Like a generic MMA guy. I have zero interest in SFV and this isn't helping. They are kind of hinting that this is a SFVI guy too.

Yea, they always go overboard with the blondes. But I really like the gameplay. Looks to be MMA influenced. Sage Northcutt tho lol. I haven't fired up SFV in a long time, but everyone has agreed its in it's best state ever. The Fighting Game's as a service is a cool idea, but man, playing the same fighting game for 6 straight years can be a bit stale.

He looks fun to play, but his design is pretty lame. I did enjoy playing Ed for a short time and he looks stupid too.

Some people still play ST all the time. It just depends on how much fun you have with the game and the online functionality, heh.

That character design looks horrible IMO. Even has USA style tribal tats. Like a generic MMA guy. I have zero interest in SFV and this isn't helping. They are kind of hinting that this is a SFVI guy too.

When you see characters like Leroy, Lidia, Giovanna, Nagoriyuki, and Goldlewis, you get excited to see what they can do. Looking at Luke it's like, "What? Another one?"

He looks fun to play, but his design is pretty lame. I did enjoy playing Ed for a short time and he looks stupid too.

Some people still play ST all the time. It just depends on how much fun you have with the game and the online functionality, heh.

Classics will always have a home and SFV will be no different. I was just referring to the main game of the time with the largest user base. Is Luke a Rekka character? I haven't looked at his moveset. Ed got some nice buffs this season.

Classics will always have a home and SFV will be no different. I was just referring to the main game of the time with the largest user base. Is Luke a Rekka character? I haven't looked at his moveset. Ed got some nice buffs this season.

No idea. Karin USED to be one and maybe Akira was one too.

made it to floor 9 in GGS for a few, fleeting matches. still tons of room for improvement, but going in the right direction anyway.

i sucked at that game but had so much fun playing with my friends that had no idea how to play either

It was great fun whether you were playing top tier or not. My buddy used some silly ass Sentinel/Zangief reset that did stupid damage lol.

Edit: This shit right here, lol.

It was great fun whether you were playing top tier or not. My buddy used some silly ass Sentinel/Zangief reset that did stupid damage lol.

Edit: This shit right here, lol.

wasn't there a bug with zangief that if you did his super armor you could tag out and just have it the rest of the match

wasn't there a bug with zangief that if you did his super armor you could tag out and just have it the rest of the match

No. You could do that in MVC1.

There was a bug that if you did Juggernaut's Power Up and switch out, he would have it for the rest of the match or if you accidentally power up again. The damage of his headcrush was ridiculous with that bug.

Back