Final Fantasy 8 Remaster Announced for 2019

I'd honestly prefer this to the 7 remake. I want like a classic turn based game, not action RPG current Final Fantasy stuff.
I played the original all the way through probably 6-7 times. Slightly improved textures isn’t enough to make spending 60 bucks to do it again attractive.

I played the original all the way through probably 6-7 times. Slightly improved textures isn’t enough to make spending 60 bucks to do it again attractive.

Haha, that's fair. In that case it's very understandable. I basically just want to play the old game on a current console. Nice textures are just a bonus for me really, don't need em but they're nice.

£15.99 on the uk store

ff9 is currently £16.99

{<huh}

change the magic system and maybe i'd look at it.

so it's out now and there's no controller vibration, which the ps1 version had <{vega}>
the fuck? i've set my gunblade to auto cos they just took the fun out of it

Triple Triad was such a good aspect of the game... big fan on VIII

Triple Triad was such a good aspect of the game... big fan on VIII
i've played so much triple triad so far, refined the cards and now i'm way overpowered. coming up on the end of disc 1 and 1 shotting everything with the gunblade

It is to bad I really would like to pick this up but I loathe the Junction system. I hate the tedious chore of drawing spells for all your characters and how it hamfistedly mars your stats if you use spells. I also don't like the broke level scaling system and how easy you can breeze through this game because of this. I like everything else around FFVIII though, so will probably pick this up when it goes on a deep sale.

We'll always have Fishermans Horizon though. Probably the best "town music" ever.

@Hyperglide try winning cards and refining them to get spells, early game you can get powerful spells to junction and just win battles by strikes instead of using up magic. limit breaks too. i don't tend to need magic until later on against superbosses

We'll always have Fishermans Horizon though. Probably the best "town music" ever.

I have played the game in 18 years, but I found myself humming along.

Kinda funny, because if someone mentioned the town music in FF8 I'd have no idea which they were referring to.

@Hyperglide try winning cards and refining them to get spells, early game you can get powerful spells to junction and just win battles by strikes instead of using up magic. limit breaks too. i don't tend to need magic until later on against superbosses

@Hyperglide, there's also a YouTube video showing how to get the Lionheart on Disc 1.

Its not easy and its time consuming, but it may be worth it.

Thanks but this is what I meant. The combat becomes tedious requiring no strategy if you can just spam attacks and summons.

Back