First Concert?

saw both Boyz II Men and the 1992 Bill Clinton Inauguration concert around the same time, not sure which was first

after that it was a Doobie Bros free concert here on base in like 94 i think

Alabama...."Feels So Right" album. Guessing 1981 or 1982. My uncle drove tour busses since I was a little guy. We went to see him and go to the concert in New Jersey. Him being a tour bus driver allowed me to see a ton of different bands from rock, country, to rap.

Bad Religion with No fun at all as opener when i was like 11.

Tom Petty in summer of 1998, I was 16.

My girl and I, two of my friends, and my mom went.

Lol, my hippy mom let us all huff nitrous balloons in the parking lot before we left.

"It's a rite of passage," was her reasoning.

Journey Tacoma Dome 1983. Bryan Adams opened. I was 17 and now I am 53. Still in the top 5 of all concerts I have been to.

This is my ticket stub for the first concert I went to with friends. That's my cousins (rip) writing on the ticket.

TC6n5wM.jpg

Smashing Pumpkins at a theater on their Machina tour. It was great.

Technically, I got dragged to a NKOTB concert when I was like 7 or 8. It was my sister's deal, but that was technically my first concert.

First concert that I actually paid to go to myself, was either Beck or RATM. They were same year, but I can't quite remember what was first, and I'm too lazy to go look at my stubs.

Although, I do believe my very first might've been an Edgefest(those years are a bit of a blur), where I saw a local Canadian band on the second stage. You might've heard of them. They were called "Nickleback". Heard they've done some things since then. Oh' and the headliner on the main stage was "Creed". Yes, I saw Nickleback and Creed on the same day, and didn't go blind and deaf. Doctors say I'm a miracle.

Technically it was Ok Go and the Donnas but that was by 2 days so when I tell the story to strangers (you're sherfam, it's different) it was Pearl Jam on the Riot Act tour with Sparta opening(touring Wiretap scars, not the later crap albums)

July 13th, 1997 - I turned 16 and saw The Offspring on their "Ixnay On The Hombre Tour" with DGeneration and Shift (whose bass player was Manny from GlassJaw/SavesTheDay). Same summer I saw Bad Religion with Biohazard at Wetlands (RIP) for $4!!!

Police Picnic '82

The Police
Talking Heads
English Beat
Joan Jett & the Blackhearts

Family values tour '98 (korn,ice cube,limp bizcuit ,etc)

Ted Nugent....in Detroit...epic shit man...at 14

Dudes a little too far Right politic-wise for even my taste (and lean Right..)

But damn if he can't perform or play a hell of a guitar.

The Toadies, circa 2000 in Pittsburg KS.

Still love The Toadies to this day.

The Toadies, circa 2000 in Pittsburg KS.

Still love The Toadies to this day.
The Toadies have been my favorite band since Rubberneck; finally got to see them in 2014. They played the whole album from start to finish, was amazing!

Mötley Crüe '94 at Quincy Raceway in Quincy, IL.

Foreigner 4 tour 1982 in Columbia, SC. The show was delayed a little because some fool was threatening to jump from the rafters.

Back