First Concert?

Watching some old U2 videos and strolling down memory lane today....1987 Joshua Tree tour in Houston was my first one. How about you? Can't find vid, so this will suffice...

Are you talking strictly national acts in large venues or do local bands in club/pub/bars count?

My mom took me to see Ozzy in Oakland in 1981 when I was 2, then took me to see Iron Maiden when I was three.

But I don't remember those, so the first concert I went to as a teenager was Korn at the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago in 1995.
Damn, your mom sounds cool as shit.

My first concert was in '83, Journey on the Frontiers tour with Bryan Adams as an opener. Great show as I recall.

I discovered Maiden shortly thereafter and my tastes changed a bit but good music is good music.

Chili Peppers in 96, thought it was awesome but now know they suck live for such a huge band.

Chubby Checker as a kid. Not too sure about older.

For some reason I think I'm remembering wrong, but from what I do remember it was:

Pitchshifter

Opening up for Gravity Kills

Goddamn that clip of Matt Pinfield from MTV at the beginning ... lol what a flashback

Last edited:
Police Picnic '82 (or '83???) in Toronto

The Police
Talking Heads
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
The English Beat
The Spoons

My mother took me to this concert:

poster_23_august_1981_courtesy_of_dietmar_raphael_640.jpg
I just noticed this post. Same deal for me (1 or 2 years later). See my post above for the roster

I just noticed this post. Same deal for me (1 or 2 years later). See my post above for the roster

Ya, that would have been at the CNE which meant better facilities than a farm in Oakville.

Michael Jackson victory tour 1984 Vancouver

I was 9, and Michael was still black.

Last edited:
This one is a little embarrassing but I think it was Mushroomhead and Lamb of God opened (they were still Burn the Priest at the time). I think I was a HS freshman.

KMFDM with Human Factors Lab and Army of the Universe.
There are A LOT of hot fucking chicks at industrial concerts btw.

Dis shit brought the house down.

I've seen KMFDM live two or three times. Fucking amazing show each time.

Nine inch nails during the fragility tour, at the palace of auburn hills in Michigan. Perfect circle opened up for them, which was really cool because I was a big fan of tool

That was my first NIN tour. Caught them initially in Indianapolis on 4-20-2000 and then again in St. Louis I think. Epic shows.

I've gone on to see NIN a total of I think 8 times.

My dad took me to Korn and Rob Zombie in 1997. I was 11 and it's still one of my favorite memories.

lol I still rock my Rammstein Family Values Tour shirt from 1998 ... I remember Korn and Rob kinda feuded over his initial proposed slot on the tour ? I can't remember who I saw Rob Zombie with around then ...

Kind of off topic, but I remember seeing the cure at the DTE, which is a outdoor venue. The DTE has two stages. A main stage and another on the lawn. Muse were one of the opening acts. They ended up playing under a tent by the parking lot with about 30 or so people watching. While interpol played on the main stage.
lol was that on the east coast. I remember all the girls I liked dug interpol. I was so jealous. Their first album was good.

My mom saw Michael Jackson live when she was pregnant with me. That obviously doesn't count, but it's kind of neat. I saw Peter, Paul and Mary when I was really little. First proper concert was Skynyrd/ZZ Top at the United Center in 1999.

lol I still rock my Rammstein Family Values Tour shirt from 1998 ... I remember Korn and Rob kinda feuded over his initial proposed slot on the tour ? I can't remember who I saw Rob Zombie with around then ...
I want to say I saw Zombie again with Godsmack?
Or was it on the Black Sabbath reunion tour.. I know Mudvayne was on that one for sure.

I will have to look it up. Awesome memories with my dad are kind of blurring together.

ZZ Top with Cheap Trick opening up. ZZ Top sucked. Cheap Trick kicked ass.

Eminem at Milton Keynes bowl. It was a complete nightmare getting there and back but was worth it. Saw D12, Exibit, OB Trice and Cypress Hill as well. Cypress Hill were the best on the day

Outside of kiddie shows as a child, my first REAL concert was late 1985. I was a junior in high school, saw Night Ranger (7 Wishes tour), who at the time was my 2nd favorite band. Cheap Trick opened up for them (Standing on the Edge album era). Great show.

Back