First music you bought?

I don't know how it came about but growing up my favorite musician was Billy Idol. The first time I went and purchased music I got Billy Idol's self titled debut and his second album Rebel Yell. My mother told me the story of how at around 3 I would run to the stereo point towards and go "Mommy Mony song".

I have a similar story with the same song.

My mom told me that that when I was around two I would go around telling everyone that my name was Tommy (which it isn't) because my favorite band at the time was Tommy James and the Shondells because I loved Mony Mony and Crimson and Clover (still do to this day actually) and she said I wore out her record players needle I wanted to hear those songs all the time.

Watching MTV and VIVA nevera felt the necessity to buy tapes or CDs until my late teens.
First CD was DMX "the great depression".
Still have it to this day.
Rip X

Was Kiss Double Live I believe. My brother got me into them...

Like with my own money? Blood Sugar Sex Magik

I was only a kid so don't hate...but it was Twisted Sister Come out and play... on vinyl. Shit album.

Stay hungry was good though. Someone had already copied that on tape for me

7 inch

Embarrassment_(Madness_single_-_cover_art).jpg

LP

0636beebfcbe7c55671aafa585906b55.jpg

Cassette

R-467419-1117835343.jpg.jpg

CD

R.b695b59cf38cd5c75cded8a56c34e6ed

I'm pretty sure it was Papa Roach 'Infest' which came out in 2000. It's either that or Limp Bizkit Significant Other.

I was gifted albums before this, but Glass Houses if talking about our own money. From what I remember anyways.

81okNqVnDhL._SY355_.jpg

I can still vividly recall going shopping with my mom at a local department store when I was ten years old & spotting this in the music section. And her buying it for me. That was the first of 32 Elvis vinyl albums that I collected & listened to religiously. Then, I went through a phase at about fifteen or sixteen where I thought I'd outgrown his music & I sold my collection. But I discovered that one never outgrows The King a few years later & I eventually bought most of the albums again on cassette tapes & later, CD.

That was the first album that I could call my very own. But it was handed down to me by my dad when I was just a small little guy at 5 or 6. I never did become a big Elvis fan, though, so odds are I didn't listen to it too much back then. :D

That was the first album that I could call my very own. But it was handed down to me by my dad when I was just a small little guy at 5 or 6. I never did become a big Elvis fan, though, so odds are I didn't listen to it too much back then. :D

I have the original on vinyl, can't say it get much play in my house. Some of the older records I inherited still have the original Elvis posters.

I have the original on vinyl, can't say it get much play in my house. Some of the older records I inherited still have the original Elvis posters.

That's very cool. It might be good you're not playing them much too if only to preserve them.

Cant remember my first cassette but I remember The Crow soundtrack was the first CD I bought

That's very cool. It might be good you're not playing them much too if only to preserve them.

preserve/ hoard for my own pleasure. Absolutely, even my Tom Jones album still has my boxer imprint on his face =]

not my first purchase, but this is today's haul from goodwill. Don't ask, the Jakk's Star Wars gun didn't work =,[

OpFlJ3S.jpg

However, Johnny was in pretty bad shape but still good enough to warm the embers of my muted feels.

Back