Social First Nation's protests in Canada paralyze national rail lines

I think most people believe reconciliation is "over".

I expect protests like this will be happening a lot more and I don't blame them.

Trudeau sure promised a lot and hasn't delivered much at all.

If this is the case, our cops best get a lot quicker at enforcing the law, and yes I mean the white man's law

Nobody wants to do business with an unreliable partner. Nobody. We're going to keep bleeding well paying jobs until this government is gone. This isn't the first or last project to be abandoned due to the international business communities lost trust in Canada's ability to honour contracts. Great time to be an Albertan!

Albertans are quickly becoming bigger crybabies than Quebec.

John Ibbitson was on the National last week, and he had an interesting take, which I agree with. Basically with increasing immigration of Chinese and Souteast Asians, the Liberal party will get pushed to be more hardline against the 1st nations, b/c those groups don't give a fuck about 1st nations, don't see themselves as part of the group that did them dirty and so on.

If this is the case, our cops best get a lot quicker at enforcing the law, and yes I mean the white man's law

Albertans are quickly becoming bigger crybabies than Quebec.

John Ibbitson was on the National last week, and he had an interesting take, which I agree with. Basically with increasing immigration of Chinese and Souteast Asians, the Liberal party will get pushed to be more hardline against the 1st nations, b/c those groups don't give a fuck about 1st nations, don't see themselves as part of the group that did them dirty and so on.

Easy to call others crybabies when your province gets to make all the decisions for everyone else.

Easy to call others crybabies when your province gets to make all the decisions for everyone else.

We make the decisions b/c we pay for damn near all of you.

Oh and LOL b/c you know …. Harper! This is why I call Alberta a crybaby: you had your guy, Harper, as PM and he establishes an equalization formula, which Trudy continues to use and NOW you all birtch about it.

if you block a train, the train should be legally allowed to run you over

not sure if Canada has Interstate Commerce (or interprovince )laws, but that's a clear violation

We make the decisions b/c we pay for damn near all of you.

Oh and LOL b/c you know …. Harper! This is why I call Alberta a crybaby: you had your guy, Harper, as PM and he establishes an equalization formula, which Trudy continues to use and NOW you all birtch about it.

You seem like a really reasonable, mature person and a big fan of democracy.

Would waste time talking to again.

One province making all the decisions isn't democracy.

I was under the impression that democracy was based on population, like one person one vote.

You seem to believe it should be based on geography.

I understand other nations such as the US, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Italy, Sweeden, Denmakr, Poland, Israel, Spain and so many more bae their systems on individual voting.

Can you point me to another democracy that elects its government based on geography over one person one vote?

I was under the impression that democracy was based on population, like one person one vote.

You seem to believe it should be based on geography.

I understand other nations such as the US, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Italy, Sweeden, Denmakr, Poland, Israel, Spain and so many more bae their systems on individual voting.

Can you point me to another democracy that elects its government based on geography over one person one vote?

Wow you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

If it worked the way you think, Hillary Clinton would be president and Andrew Scheer would be PM as both won the popular vote.

Wow.

What a self own.

I used to live like 30 minutes south of the border..... downtown Vancouver should be renamed to new Shanghai

As should Markham. Its like a downtown Chinatown, but like a Chinacity outside of Toronto

Wow you actually have no idea what you're talking about.

If it worked the way you think, Hillary Clinton would be president and Andrew Scheer would be PM as both won the popular vote.

Wow.

What a self own.

Don't be all butthurt and obtuse. We all know modern democracies rely on some kind of representaive democracy system, which are ALL based on one person one vote.

How would you suggest Canada incorporate your idea of geographic representation in a representative democracy?

Should PEI have as much representation as Alberta, or do you just want Alberta to have this special geographical representation status?

As should Markham. Its like a downtown Chinatown, but like a Chinacity outside of Toronto

Don't be all butthurt and obtuse. We all know modern democracies rely on some kind of representaive democracy system, which are ALL based on one person one vote.

How would you suggest Canada incorporate your idea of geographic representation in a representative democracy?

Should PEI have as much representation as Alberta, or do you just want Alberta to have this special geographical representation status?

There's no digging your way out. You literally just admitted you have no idea how the Canadian (or American, for that matter) system works.

Yes there is a geographical component. What did you think ridings were?

An electoral district in Canada, also known as a "constituency" or a "riding", is a geographical constituency upon which Canada's representative democracy is based.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_district_(Canada)

Holy fuck this is embarrassing to watch.

Back