Social First Nation's protests in Canada paralyze national rail lines

There's no digging your way out. You literally just admitted you have no idea how the Canadian (or American, for that matter) system works.

Yes there is a geographical component. What did you think ridings were?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_district_(Canada)

Holy fuck this is embarrassing to watch.
This proves it Ontario Really thinks they are all that matters... I usually don’t have an issue with Sammy but this was hard to watch. I’m amazed wetblanket hasn’t liked all his post on the subject.

We make the decisions b/c we pay for damn near all of you.

Oh and LOL b/c you know …. Harper! This is why I call Alberta a crybaby: you had your guy, Harper, as PM and he establishes an equalization formula, which Trudy continues to use and NOW you all birtch about it.

Your GDP per capita doesn't even put you as a top five province.

But you are correct, Alberta, and primarily our provincial government, is acting like whiny bitches.

Yes there is a geographical component. What did you think ridings were?
Holy fuck this is embarrassing to watch.

Electoral districts are essentially equally sized numerically groupings of people. ON has 124 districts, AB has 34, a ratio of approx 3.5:1. This is the same ratio as their provincial populations. That is why ON gets 3.5x the voting say as AB. See how this works?

Your GDP per capita doesn't even put you as a top five province.

But you are correct, Alberta, and primarily our provincial government, is acting like whiny bitches.

No shits given about per capita tbh. We got lots of poor people

Albertans are quickly becoming bigger crybabies than Quebec.

John Ibbitson was on the National last week, and he had an interesting take, which I agree with. Basically with increasing immigration of Chinese and Souteast Asians, the Liberal party will get pushed to be more hardline against the 1st nations, b/c those groups don't give a fuck about 1st nations, don't see themselves as part of the group that did them dirty and so on.

We have cause to be. Taxation without representation is a thing right now.

I can see that. I'm a first gen immigrant and have no guilt about anything that happened in NA in the past. My former people were done as dirty as any others the last 500 years after all. I don't care about the past nearly as much as forging a unified, prosperous future for a if Canada.

Having said that, I have 1st Nations family and friends, have been on a few reservations socially do have seen and heard how marginalization cal leave a people without an identity and hope for the future. That's a black hole that will mess with anyone. So while I'm a realist I'm also sympathetic. No clue how we move past this.

You are being obtuse b
How am I being obtuse? You just admitted you have no idea how our system of goverment even works.

/c you know our system is based first and foremost on one person one vote, and all other mechanics are implemented the govt represents the op
This proves it Ontario Really thinks they are all that matters... I usually don’t have an issue with Sammy but this was hard to watch. I’m amazed wetblanket hasn’t liked all his post on the subject.

Cool bro. I don't beef with no one.

Friend just texted me that 1st nations are blocking Go Trains from entering/leaving Toronto. This is legit fucked if true … one may even say huge if true.

/c you know our system is based first and foremost on one person one vote, and all other mechanics are implemented the govt represents the op

It's actually kind of funny... Trudeau ran in 2015 on a promise to eliminate the current "first past the post" system and, I believe, go to a straight popular vote and eliminate a lot of this other stuff. He backed out on that promise. Good thing for him too since the Conservatives actually got more of the popular vote in the last election:

https://www.statista.com/statistics...on-2019-preliminary-results-for-popular-vote/

The guy who won 34.41% of the popular vote got 121 seats, and the guy who won 33.07% of the popular vote won 157 seats. It's pretty clear that Canada's system isn't as simple as "one person, one vote".

I'm a little surprised I didn't hear more complaining about this as I heard a tremendous amount of complaining from peers about the last American election not being decided by popular vote. Heck, the guy who reneged on switching to it even got voted in again. I guess that kind of settles how Canadians really feel about popular voting issues. Personally, I'm quite happy we don't have a Conservative government. That being said, I'd still rather have switched to popular vote.

It's actually kind of funny... Trudeau ran in 2015 on a promise to eliminate the current "first past the post" system and, I believe, go to a straight popular vote and eliminate a lot of this other stuff. He backed out on that promise. Good thing for him too since the Conservatives actually got more of the popular vote in the last election:

https://www.statista.com/statistics...on-2019-preliminary-results-for-popular-vote/

The guy who won 34.41% of the popular vote got 121 seats, and the guy who won 33.07% of the popular vote won 157 seats. It's pretty clear that Canada's system isn't as simple as "one person, one vote".

I'm a little surprised I didn't hear more complaining about this as I heard a tremendous amount of complaining from peers about the last American election not being decided by popular vote. Heck, the guy who reneged on switching to it even got voted in again. I guess that kind of settles how Canadians really feel about popular voting issues. Personally, I'm quite happy we don't have a Conservative government. That being said, I'd still rather have switched to popular vote.

I voted for Trudy in 15 for that exact reason. I did not vote for him last election.

I so want a system like Italy, where we can have smaller political parties aimed at specific issues/items. For example, we need a MTV or urban party.

They sure are. Theyre currently blocking off a couple main roadways 10 minutes from where i live. These people have nothing better to do. I understand they have it shit to begin with ( the reserves are awful) but goddamn. Eventually you have to stop being the victims.

Friend just texted me that 1st nations are blocking Go Trains from entering/leaving Toronto. This is legit fucked if true … one may even say huge if true.
Now that's what I call shooting yourself in the foot. There goes any public support they may have had. Just brilliant!

It is rather frustrating to see how badly the Indigenous "Muh Rights" activists, Eco-Idiots and a brutally incompetent government are destroying Canada's economy.

"We don't have a government in Ottawa; we have an Instagram page with executive authority... It is led by a dilettante playacting the part of Prime Minister"
-Rex Murphy

How Nearly $150 Billion Worth of Energy Projects have been shelved in Canada

Rex Murphy: The Teck decision is the culmination of Trudeau's anti-oil agenda

trudeau-blackface-credit-The-Sun.jpg

Back