flight cost for thailand

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i wana go to thailand with friend of mine tot rain for week or 2 feel it would be great just for the experience
im a pro mma fighter but id say thai boxing would be the weakest part of all 4 styles from boxing/bjj/wrestling so id like to try to find a good mma thai gym there and try to learn some cool thai clinch details more than trying to do combos on pads

anyways i know living there is quite cheap guys tell me 750 can get you a fighter house at lots of places there and 2 meals a day which is quite cheap but im guessing the flight from usa to thailand and back would at least cost 2k lol

has anyone here went to visit thailand and train? i dont fly much at all only flown 6 times in life so curious on average how much is a round trip ticket there or any good places online maybe i could find discounts

i wana go to thailand with friend of mine tot rain for week or 2 feel it would be great just for the experience
im a pro mma fighter but id say thai boxing would be the weakest part of all 4 styles from boxing/bjj/wrestling so id like to try to find a good mma thai gym there and try to learn some cool thai clinch details more than trying to do combos on pads

anyways i know living there is quite cheap guys tell me 750 can get you a fighter house at lots of places there and 2 meals a day which is quite cheap but im guessing the flight from usa to thailand and back would at least cost 2k lol

has anyone here went to visit thailand and train? i dont fly much at all only flown 6 times in life so curious on average how much is a round trip ticket there or any good places online maybe i could find discounts

i have never gone but am friends with some people that. Flights will be cheaper depending on the time of year, and company, and flight route. The best thing to do would be to get online and browse around to see the best deal you can find.

Regarding living and training there, I would go for as long as possible, 2 weeks is great, but if you can do longer I would. The housing plus 2 meals a day at the camps are good deals. But I think if you rent a apt, and pay for training only, you may find a better deal. There uses to be a website, cannot remember the name, i think it may have gotten shut down, but it had reviews of all the thai camps and suggestions on housing etc.

I think most likely, its gonna require you doing your own research but something like 1000k a month should be plenty for training, and holiday.

Flights will be cheaper depending on the time of year, and company, and flight route.
About avio tickets price.
There I doesn't matters where, tickets prices might be very expensive and also might be cheap.
Avio tickets price depends from company, class, how early you booked ticket, and sometimes tickets might be cheaper if a lot of clients for this flight canceled orders and so on.
In europe I had exp that the same flight might cost 112 EUR and might cost 812 EUR. This not about Thailand but still, as an example what a difference in price might be for avio tickets.

I did a estimate for flights from Virginia USA (Idk where you're from) to Pattaya you're looking at like $2,000.00 USD round trip.

I've been there 3 times.
There are places you can get meals and accommodation cheap as fuck, like I'm talking $20usd a day. BUT the room is literally just a room, no luxuries, just a bed and a sink, maybe a toilet and a shower if you're lucky. Research your gyms well or you could end up training at a gym with an excess of Russians and Dutchmen who just want an excuse to throw elbows in sparring.

V Win Gym and Fairtex gyms are good options that have authentic trainers who have fought over 100 times in the Stadiums or have been Stadium Champions. Remember a Stadium Champion is usually far more regarded in Thailand than a World Champion ever will be.

Just remember to be respectful of the locals or you'll get swamped by 15 Thai men throwing elbows and knees before you know what's going on.

Don't get sucked into fighting a pro fight over there, they'll talk you into it and you'll fight someone completely useless and dominate him and then they'll tell you come back they have another easy fight tomorrow and before you know it you're the tune up fight for a Stadium champion returning from injury (This is not a joke it does happen quite often.)

Be careful when eating the street meet (Always ask what it is before hand, you don't want to find out you're eating rat or dog after you've eaten it). And remember to get rid of any steroids (if legal steroids are your thing) you buy from the pharmacy before you head back to the airport.

I did a estimate for flights from Virginia USA (Idk where you're from) to Pattaya you're looking at like $2,000.00 USD round trip.

I've been there 3 times.
There are places you can get meals and accommodation cheap as fuck, like I'm talking $20usd a day. BUT the room is literally just a room, no luxuries, just a bed and a sink, maybe a toilet and a shower if you're lucky. Research your gyms well or you could end up training at a gym with an excess of Russians and Dutchmen who just want an excuse to throw elbows in sparring.

V Win Gym and Fairtex gyms are good options that have authentic trainers who have fought over 100 times in the Stadiums or have been Stadium Champions. Remember a Stadium Champion is usually far more regarded in Thailand than a World Champion ever will be.

Just remember to be respectful of the locals or you'll get swamped by 15 Thai men throwing elbows and knees before you know what's going on.

Don't get sucked into fighting a pro fight over there, they'll talk you into it and you'll fight someone completely useless and dominate him and then they'll tell you come back they have another easy fight tomorrow and before you know it you're the tune up fight for a Stadium champion returning from injury (This is not a joke it does happen quite often.)

Be careful when eating the street meet (Always ask what it is before hand, you don't want to find out you're eating rat or dog after you've eaten it). And remember to get rid of any steroids (if legal steroids are your thing) you buy from the pharmacy before you head back to the airport.

i heard you can get pad thai for like 1 us dollar from street venders there

yeah i know the fight game for them to want me to fight it would do them 0 good for a foreigner to come out and beat someone from there obviously they would wana set a foreigner up d not do pro thai anyways mma depending on the person i might depending on what type of shape im in ect

but yeah id never take a boxing or kick boxing bout over seas especially if i wasnt training for it i save my damage for mma to have longer career there

i could afford 2k to go but its hard for me to justify spending money on certain things when i already will be at att best gym in usa basically as is and could use the money to get privates with the top coaches ect

ill go if i can get my ticket under 1200 i think

i heard you can get pad thai for like 1 us dollar from street venders there

yeah i know the fight game for them to want me to fight it would do them 0 good for a foreigner to come out and beat someone from there obviously they would wana set a foreigner up d not do pro thai anyways mma depending on the person i might depending on what type of shape im in ect

but yeah id never take a boxing or kick boxing bout over seas especially if i wasnt training for it i save my damage for mma to have longer career there

Shit is cheap as fuck to eat there, so much cheap food, you just need to ask guys who have been local what's safe to eat. Last thing you want is tape worm from tainted pork.

They like to set up foreigners cause Thailand is a very culture proud country, so they love seeing their fighters get one up over foreigners.

nothin wrong wth that
Shit is cheap as fuck to eat there, so much cheap food, you just need to ask guys who have been local what's safe to eat. Last thing you want is tape worm from tainted pork.

They like to set up foreigners cause Thailand is a very culture proud country, so they love seeing their fighters get one up over foreigners.
eveyrone should have pride in their country but just cant be stupid and think a promoter wants you t fight when you arnt even bringing in people to pay wonder how much they even pay guys to fight there pro muay thai couldn't be much at all

nothin wrong wth that

eveyrone should have pride in their country but just cant be stupid and think a promoter wants you t fight when you arnt even bringing in people to pay wonder how much they even pay guys to fight there pro muay thai couldn't be much at all

About 10,000 bhat, which is like $300 USD for the "smoker" pro fights. Then they offer you $500 usd for another easy fight the next night so you show up and get the ever loving shit kicked out of you by a Thai with 250+ pro fights for $500 lmao.

About 10,000 bhat, which is like $300 USD for the "smoker" pro fights. Then they offer you $500 usd for another easy fight the next night so you show up and get the ever loving shit kicked out of you by a Thai with 250+ pro fights for $500 lmao.
lol would b funny t take the first fight then run claim u got a injury XD bet theyd be angry as fuk

i could afford 2k to go but its hard for me to justify spending money on certain things when i already will be at att best gym in usa basically as is and could use the money to get privates with the top coaches ect

ill go if i can get my ticket under 1200 i think

I dont think there is anywhere in the US that can equate to training in thailand. Even if you have a great trainer here, lumpinee champion, the way the gyms are ran here are different, its just not the same. That being said, 2 weeks is great, but at the end of the day, your just 1 of a million random foreigners who come and go quickly, take your money, burn you out on the pads, tell you good job. hooray. You can learn things in 2 weeks, but no "improve" much in 2 weeks. You know how training goes, it takes time and consistancy, improving your "right cross" takes about 3 months of conistantly working it.....Thats why I always had the goal of going for 3 months min. Either way go for it man......do it now why you still can.......just look at it as a now or never thing.....if you dont go now....when will you? you get what im saying. I nearly moved there at 22, but didnt........and have been wanting to go ever since.........now 37....i still havent gone.

I dont think there is anywhere in the US that can equate to training in thailand. Even if you have a great trainer here, lumpinee champion, the way the gyms are ran here are different, its just not the same. That being said, 2 weeks is great, but at the end of the day, your just 1 of a million random foreigners who come and go quickly, take your money, burn you out on the pads, tell you good job. hooray. You can learn things in 2 weeks, but no "improve" much in 2 weeks. You know how training goes, it takes time and consistancy, improving your "right cross" takes about 3 months of conistantly working it.....Thats why I always had the goal of going for 3 months min. Either way go for it man......do it now why you still can.......just look at it as a now or never thing.....if you dont go now....when will you? you get what im saying. I nearly moved there at 22, but didnt........and have been wanting to go ever since.........now 37....i still havent gone.

i meant for mma im a mma fighter first most then bjj boxing im mostly going just for the experience and fun vacation n always wanted to train in the tropical area ect tbh for my style and mma anyways their isnt much from the open i could really learn that would really change my game id like to work with some guys on some clinch stuff off balances from clinch i love to wrestle from clinch and dirty box and adding some good short elbows knees ect would be great for me

i meant for mma im a mma fighter first most then bjj boxing im mostly going just for the experience and fun vacation n always wanted to train in the tropical area ect tbh for my style and mma anyways their isnt much from the open i could really learn that would really change my game id like to work with some guys on some clinch stuff off balances from clinch i love to wrestle from clinch and dirty box and adding some good short elbows knees ect would be great for me

yeah i get you, IMO KB is more suited for MMA than MT. MT is much more straight on, block and counter, less angles, movement etc. A lot of the clinch doesnt carry over to MMA either or you will get taken down, as you generally try and stand tall in the clinch. That being said of course learning it and than applying what can be used to MMA is great, specifially since most people in the US arent good in the clinch in MT or MMA. A lot of the MMA guys I would train with would crouch down, or try and duck their heads and push out, ducking straight into knees ot the face.

yeah i get you, IMO KB is more suited for MMA than MT. MT is much more straight on, block and counter, less angles, movement etc. A lot of the clinch doesnt carry over to MMA either or you will get taken down, as you generally try and stand tall in the clinch. That being said of course learning it and than applying what can be used to MMA is great, specifially since most people in the US arent good in the clinch in MT or MMA. A lot of the MMA guys I would train with would crouch down, or try and duck their heads and push out, ducking straight into knees ot the face.

yeah i dont like the plum unless i get someone hurt and trying to finish wana use clinch from underhook overhooks as well

yeah i dont like the plum unless i get someone hurt and trying to finish wana use clinch from underhook overhooks as well

thats probably the major difference, under hooks, or under over, are dominant in MMA......theres moves from the clinch from both positions, but double unders is a weak position, over under not so bad. The entire center of gravity is low. What I think you would find to carry over well, is since their center of gravity is lower, guys tend to lean in and push fwd a bit, so you can swing them to the side, redirection, similar concepts as judo. The trips and sweeps should carry over nicely as well. Also all the catching of kicks in MT I think would be good for MMA guys. MT is my expertise, but I have been exposed to a ton of MMA, and MMA training partners, so although Im not a fan of it. I have "experience" in it so I think i have a good eye for what will and wont carry over to MMA. Knee was my favorite technique, and its something most MMA guys dont know how to handle....rich franklin anderson silva for example. also dude, if you ever wanna ask me some questions or what not feel fee to pm me.

Last edited:
Where do you live 2000 seems like alot. 2 weeks is fine you just have to show them your a real fighter and not some dude trying to get in shape.

thats probably the major difference, under hooks, or under over, are dominant in MMA......theres moves from the clinch from both positions, but double unders is a weak position, over under not so bad. The entire center of gravity is low. What I think you would find to carry over well, is since their center of gravity is lower, guys tend to lean in and push fwd a bit, so you can swing them to the side, redirection, similar concepts as judo. The trips and sweeps should carry over nicely as well. Also all the catching of kicks in MT I think would be good for MMA guys. MT is my expertise, but I have been exposed to a ton of MMA, and MMA training partners, so although Im not a fan of it. I have "experience" in it so I think i have a good eye for what will and wont carry over to MMA. Knee was my favorite technique, and its something most MMA guys dont know how to handle....rich franklin anderson silva for example. also dude, if you ever wanna ask me some questions or what not feel fee to pm me.

im 90% a boxer on the feat trying to rely on hand speed and proper technique and mix in level change feints to threaten the takedown only throw kicks if i get them hurt or to end a combo

but fighting out of the clinch is something im trying to get great at if i cant out beat someone from the outside im gonna fight dirty using my wrestling in the clinch ad mixing in some thai stuff also.

i appreciate the response surprised to find their isnt much on technical aspects of clinch work but tons of vids of fancy mitwork ect

im 90% a boxer on the feat trying to rely on hand speed and proper technique and mix in level change feints to threaten the takedown only throw kicks if i get them hurt or to end a combo

but fighting out of the clinch is something im trying to get great at if i cant out beat someone from the outside im gonna fight dirty using my wrestling in the clinch ad mixing in some thai stuff also.

i appreciate the response surprised to find their isnt much on technical aspects of clinch work but tons of vids of fancy mitwork ect

MT clinch is a seperate art in itself, a lot of the moves are basic, the concept is the same, push and pull, just from various hand positions, with some subtle bumps trips and sweeps. I would suggest getting a good leg kick and utilizing it a lot.......MMA stance is very sideways which opens the leg up, in addition to the lower stance, makes that thigh easier to chop......most guys dont check kicks.....their front foot heavy which makes checking leg kicks harder......and lastly, most guys shins are soft...they are scared to check the kick. I would suggest putting in the time and effort to really conditioning your shins. I have a sand bag and eventually built up to being able to kick it for 3 hours straight....when i first started my shins would bruise and swell. but once I got to that point, i was just shamshing dudes with my legs....at the gym, all my friends would comment on how hard my shins were and strong the kicks were....guys can eat them in sparring, but when the shinpads come off its a differnt story. I was able to still hurt guys when they checked my kicks........anyways long story short, tuffen those fuckers up........its worth the investment.

MT clinch is a seperate art in itself, a lot of the moves are basic, the concept is the same, push and pull, just from various hand positions, with some subtle bumps trips and sweeps. I would suggest getting a good leg kick and utilizing it a lot.......MMA stance is very sideways which opens the leg up, in addition to the lower stance, makes that thigh easier to chop......most guys dont check kicks.....their front foot heavy which makes checking leg kicks harder......and lastly, most guys shins are soft...they are scared to check the kick. I would suggest putting in the time and effort to really conditioning your shins. I have a sand bag and eventually built up to being able to kick it for 3 hours straight....when i first started my shins would bruise and swell. but once I got to that point, i was just shamshing dudes with my legs....at the gym, all my friends would comment on how hard my shins were and strong the kicks were....guys can eat them in sparring, but when the shinpads come off its a differnt story. I was able to still hurt guys when they checked my kicks........anyways long story short, tuffen those fuckers up........its worth the investment.

i do throw leg kicks at times well i try to kick the calf with rear leg i rarely lead leg kick to leg since i feel u really gotta train that for years and years to truly get great power with it bee training since 2007 in mma and i still just dont like lead leg kicks with my mma stance from a thai stance im ok with them

i use to condition shins i felt they were pretty decent but i started really changing my style from kick boxing/bjj to boxing wrestling based around 2011 and hardly ever kicked and noticed my skins were much weaker and realized fuk in a fight i could get hurt bad if these arnt trained to take damage

idc to use lots of kicks all the time but i at least wana train my legs into staying strong to deal with kicks checking a kick when your shins arnt conditioned is worse than being kicked to me

Back