flight cost for thailand

checking a kick when your shins arnt conditioned is worse than being kicked to me

that exactly my point. if our shins are equal, it should hurt the kicker more than the blocker. So checking a few kicks, is a easy way to "take away" a guys kicks. But since most guys dont condition their shins, its worse to block than it is to get kicked, as you have stated...and if thats the case, you got free leg kicks all day. and once they are scared and start reacting to your leg kick, start feinting....etc.

I entirely understand what you mean in regards to style and not utilizing the leg kick much.

that exactly my point. if our shins are equal, it should hurt the kicker more than the blocker. So checking a few kicks, is a easy way to "take away" a guys kicks. But since most guys dont condition their shins, its worse to block than it is to get kicked, as you have stated...and if thats the case, you got free leg kicks all day. and once they are scared and start reacting to your leg kick, start feinting....etc.

I entirely understand what you mean in regards to style and not utilizing the leg kick much.

I have dents in my shin bones from checking kicks in Thailand. It was like blocking a titanium rod with a piece of drift wood.

I have dents in my shin bones from checking kicks in Thailand. It was like blocking a titanium rod with a piece of drift wood.

lol yes, my old french coach, he fought at lumpinee before, his shins were insanely hard. This conversation, reminds me of when JCS was on TUF, and fucked everyone up easily.

lol yes, my old french coach, he fought at lumpinee before, his shins were insanely hard. This conversation, reminds me of when JCS was on TUF, and fucked everyone up easily.

thats dangerous shit tbh thats why i stoped fucking with my shins much as i heard about getting arthritis

dude befor eu said he has hole sin his shins due to checking kicks i mean how can you fight after that? that scares me the thought

tbh seeing the rory fight vs lima 1 made me start to really believe in low kicks again use to is try to single/double leg low kicks using their kicks as my entry to wrestling which cna be a great strat but isnt the end all be all

I just applied for a job in thailand... Doubt ill get it but kinda excited on the off chance it happens would be able to do some training there.

Keep us posted if it happens and how it went

MMA in Thailand is getting pretty big over there. Now I know gyms like Tiger Muay Thai and AKA Thailand may not be the best for pure Muay Thai and often get their fair share of criticism. But I feel like they have legit trainers and you get the best mix of muay thai + translating it over to mma. I think TMT is actually legit for pure MT too?

These gyms are probably gonna cost a lot more than Thai gyms too though

thats dangerous shit tbh thats why i stoped fucking with my shins much as i heard about getting arthritis

dude befor eu said he has hole sin his shins due to checking kicks i mean how can you fight after that? that scares me the thought

tbh seeing the rory fight vs lima 1 made me start to really believe in low kicks again use to is try to single/double leg low kicks using their kicks as my entry to wrestling which cna be a great strat but isnt the end all be all

i never heard of holes in your shins, only getting lumps on them or getting them swollen. When that happens, your body ends up depositing more calcium into the bone, growning the bone thicker, denser, and stronger. Microtrauma, its the same concept as building muscle, small tears.

researcing thai stadiums its pretty cool that they actually have stadiums just for kick boxing wish mma had something like that thats amazing for fight culture

curious though how much do guys make fighting in these big stadiums

MMA in Thailand is getting pretty big over there. Now I know gyms like Tiger Muay Thai and AKA Thailand may not be the best for pure Muay Thai and often get their fair share of criticism. But I feel like they have legit trainers and you get the best mix of muay thai + translating it over to mma. I think TMT is actually legit for pure MT too?

These gyms are probably gonna cost a lot more than Thai gyms too though
Tiger Muay Thai you run the risk of Mark Hunt beating you up too hahaa

researcing thai stadiums its pretty cool that they actually have stadiums just for kick boxing wish mma had something like that thats amazing for fight culture

curious though how much do guys make fighting in these big stadiums

The stadium champions and the top 10 guys make a fair amount. They can also get a cut of the bets if they win.

fair amount being 30k a fight?

I honestly couldn't say. Probably more along the lines of 2000 USD which is a huge amount over there.
You've got to remember their country isn't rich, the people watching the fights aren't rich and they are paid according to the countries economic state.

So while $20,000.00 would be a good amount for a fight in the USA or Australia, over there that would be an insane amount to earn per fight.
These guys also fight many times a month. Not just once or twice so the money builds up reasonably quickly.

I honestly couldn't say. Probably more along the lines of 2000 USD which is a huge amount over there.
You've got to remember their country isn't rich, the people watching the fights aren't rich and they are paid according to the countries economic state.

So while $20,000.00 would be a good amount for a fight in the USA or Australia, over there that would be an insane amount to earn per fight.
These guys also fight many times a month. Not just once or twice so the money builds up reasonably quickly.
but i read that most stadiums charge 1000 badh currency for basic seats in thai stadiums which is around 33 us dollars so is it truly that much ?

but i read that most stadiums charge 1000 badh currency for basic seats in thai stadiums which is around 33 us dollars so is it truly that much ?

You then have to remember that money from the seating has to pay all the fighters fighting there that night, all the workers at the stadium, taxes all sorts of shit.

You then have to remember that money from the seating has to pay all the fighters fighting there that night, all the workers at the stadium, taxes all sorts of shit.

so then ud have to say most people who pay to go watch the fights are rich thai people? theirs 1 stadium thats free channel 7 it says

so then ud have to say most people who pay to go watch the fights are rich thai people? theirs 1 stadium thats free channel 7 it says

The only people who pay 1000baht for a seat are Westerners hahaha, the Locals would get discounts, cheaper tickets or straight up free entry.
When you are in Asia as a westerner you always get the "Westerner tax" Go to the markets you pay 4 times what a local pays for things, you think its cheap still but really you're getting your pants pulled down hahaha

The only people who pay 1000baht for a seat are Westerners hahaha, the Locals would get discounts, cheaper tickets or straight up free entry.
When you are in Asia as a westerner you always get the "Westerner tax" Go to the markets you pay 4 times what a local pays for things, you think its cheap still but really you're getting your pants pulled down hahaha

damn thailand fuks foreigners. ud think they would be super nice to the given they are there helping their economy big time but i read 1000 badt was the cheapest eats and for close east its like 2500 badt

damn thailand fuks foreigners. ud think they would be super nice to the given they are there helping their economy big time but i read 1000 badt was the cheapest eats and for close east its like 2500 badt

Its the same everywhere in Asia, us Westerners have money (or so they think). Tickets to see 10 - 20 live fights in a night for $33usd is a sweet deal.

Back