Law Florida gives school districts 48 hours to reverse mask mandates or lose funding

Does the left not give a shit about kids parents being able to go to work? Wow how compassionate of you.

If safety is the excuse then you better have good evidence for it. If you think cloth masks are going to make any significant difference when it comes to children and vaccinated adults then you are delusional. This fear mongering will never end.

Schools are not babysitters. What do those parents finally summer long?

It should be the right of the parent. The county I am in down here had an opt out form you needed to fill out so your child could go to school without a mask. The masks are the start of teaching the children to be compliant slaves.

Making children sing propaganda every morning is perfectly fine tho.

imagine if school boards started making asinine mandates. including ones that are superseded.

oh, wait.

Isn't that why school boards are elected and can be removed?

Desantis, in this and other non-Covid/non-school issues, has consistently overruled local officials and actual votes by communities yet somehow professes to support local control. Like most Republicans and Democrats he only supports the idea if they do what he wants.

Isn't that why school boards are elected and can be removed?

Desantis, in this and other non-Covid/non-school issues, has consistently overruled local officials and actual votes by communities yet somehow professes to support local control. Like most Republicans and Democrats he only supports the idea if they do what he wants.

do you have an actual argument/point or are you just bitching that state supersedes county/city?

like... it's desantis/florida's fault that some school district boards go full retard and want to grandstand as if they're greater than the state?

fwiw, this shit happens ALL THE TIME in my state - and it's annoying as hell. philly CONSTANTLY tries to flaunt the state and needs to be continually put in place, often at considerable cost (ie: waste of money). especially regarding the 2a...

imo, it happens repeatedly because it's not THEIR (police/da/city council/etc) money at stake - so they don't give a shit. the taxpayers constantly foot the bill for the local govt's arrogance as stupid lawsuits apparently need to be filed all the damn time just to get the city to issue LTCFs as per state law (just 1 example of something that's constantly under violation)

so the 'threat' that fl is doing seems damn near perfect to me. it aims to hit them in their own pockets.

Last edited:
do you have an actual argument/point or are you just bitching that state supersedes county/city?

like... it's desantis/florida's fault that some school district boards go full retard and want to grandstand as if they're greater than the state?

fwiw, this shit happens ALL THE TIME in my state - and it's annoying as hell. philly CONSTANTLY tries to flaunt the state and needs to be continually put in place, often at considerable cost (ie: waste of money). especially regarding the 2a...

imo, it happens repeatedly because it's not THEIR (police/da/city council/etc) money at stake - so they don't give a shit. the taxpayers constantly foot the bill for the local govt's arrogance as stupid lawsuits apparently need to be filed all the damn time just to get the city to issue LTCFs as per state law (just 1 example of something that's constantly under violation)

so the 'threat' that fl is doing seems damn near perfect to me. it aims to hit them in their own pockets.

So what do your points have to do with the current pandemic? Your state has banned masks in schools as well?

The stats for kids getting COVID that have returned to schools that are maskless are absurdly high.

So what do your points have to do with the current pandemic? Your state has banned masks in schools as well?

The stats for kids getting COVID that have returned to schools that are maskless are absurdly high.

OH NOES

they only have a mortality rate of ~0%!

<Ellaria01>

and with evidence suggesting that natural antibodies are more effective than the vaccine...

and lolz @ either pretending you don't know why i mentioned real world examples/repercussions of local govts flaunting the state... or dumber, legitimately being too stupid to comprehend why it was mentioned. pick your poison.

btw, genius - fl didn't ban masks in schools, either. reading mastery! no mask mandate =/= masks are banned (they're merely optional, rather than mandatory. derp). like... holy shit. honestly, it's astounding that so many of you are this incompetent.

OH NOES

they only have a mortality rate of ~0%!

<Ellaria01>

and with evidence suggesting that natural antibodies are more effective than the vaccine...

and lolz @ either pretending you don't know why i mentioned real world examples/repercussions of local govts flaunting the state... or dumber, legitimately being too stupid to comprehend why it was mentioned. pick your poison.

btw, genius - fl didn't ban masks in schools, either. reading mastery! no mask mandate =/= masks are banned (they're merely optional, rather than mandatory. derp). like... holy shit. honestly, it's astounding that so many of you are this incompetent.

?

I wasn't referring to mortality rates amongst children but rather infection rates.

Setting aside statistics for hospitalized children for a moment and it's repercussions, you do know that children take that infection home with them right?

VMfmvZc.jpg

?

I wasn't referring to mortality rates amongst children but rather infection rates.

THANKS, CAPTAIN!

gee, i wonder why i mentioned mortality rates and natural antibodies...

Setting aside statistics for hospitalized children for a moment and it's repercussions, you do know that children take that infection home with them right?

<Ellaria01>

THANKS AGAIN, CAPTAIN!

lolz @ backpedaling ENTIRELY from the relevant subjects here (mask mandate, state preemption) to fearmonger.

THANKS, CAPTAIN!

gee, i wonder why i mentioned mortality rates and natural antibodies...

<Ellaria01>

THANKS AGAIN, CAPTAIN!

lolz @ backpedaling ENTIRELY from the relevant subjects here (mask mandate, state preemption) to fearmonger.

? Really bud given your join date you can't be young enough to act like such an idiot.

Congenital birth defect perhaps?

? Really bud given your join date you can't be young enough to act like such an idiot.

Congenital birth defect perhaps?

...says the genius that thought florida banned masks.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Yeah, punish those kids because politicians don't conform. Fuck them!

This.

In my state, Texas, our governor also now identifies as “big government” and began handing down his own personal commands, from on high, for how local school districts address their local needs (i.e., he thinks he can tell local communities they can’t require masks). He’s now the laughing stock of Texas as communities across the state openly defied his order. He’s threatening to take money from our schools (which means he wants to take our money). Nobody cares. He’s lost all respect.

My daughters school district just went full masks. A couple other counties went full mask. Desantis losing in the polls to the Effeminate Flip Flopping Charlie Crist.
DeSantis is looking weak now. I never seen such a fall for a presidential candidate since Howard Dean or Gary Hart(at least Gary lost it for some prime tail). Dean lost it for being a dork.
tenor.gif

image.JPG

There are so many covid experts in this thread

Back