News Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul Exhibition Match Set For Showtime PPV June 5th

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, a lot of people have wanted to see the Paul brothers get embarrassed. Here you go.

Floyd is a retired boxer doing circus events like Dempsey, Joe Louis, etc. after their careers were over. Can't blame him, it's free money.
Wrong Paul lol

Size matters

No, it doesn't. Not here. It matters when you have two guys who are very high level boxers. When one guy is the greatest of all time and the other has exactly ZERO fights against professionals, it doesn't mean shit. Plus, we've seen Logan "fight" and spar, and he is at the level of a decent regional hobbyist. Which means that in the ladder of greatness he is above the average joe, but around 200 steps behind Floyd.

are any of them boxers?

No. Logan and his brother aren't interested in fighting boxers. He's gonna fight one for the paycheck, but that's just because this one is very small, very old, very damaged with injuries, very past prime and Logan is dumb enough to believe that's significant in any way. He has no interest in getting in there with a decent sized young professional boxer. They're all about flexing and pretending they're tough guys. If you can pretend you're a tough guy without actually putting in the effort, why not? Why not beeing seen as a tough guy and getting paid a lot of money without actually doing shit? I'd take that opportunity too. Any poser would.

And to be fair here: he's gonna lose to Floyd, but even if he won, that wouldn't mean shit. We don't know how far off Floyd is from his prime. If he's only like 5% of what he was, plus 40 pounds lighter, there's a good chance that a big athletic dude with decent boxing technique could hurt him. Fighting is the most unpredictable sport of them all. All it takes is a touch. In soccer, you have to actually play better in order to win. In fighting, you can suck big time, being dominated in every way, and then land a punch.

The Floyd we saw against Conor was probably 25% of his prime self. He was slower, way less slick and his reflexes weren't nearly as good as they used to be. 4 years have passed since then. Put him in there with a low level boxer that is much bigger than him, much younger, much more aggressive, super hungry, willing to clinch a lot and play a bit dirty, and he might actually lose.

Last edited:
It’s pretty hilarious that Mayweather is fighting Logan Paul while Pacquiao takes on Spence. I don’t blame him for making good money on exhibitions, but it’s still funny.

Floyd have no loss he fought the best if he loses to logan he prob received big money

If this thing is even remotely on the level & isn't some pre-planned waltz like Tyson - RJJ then Floyd stops this guy in about four, maybe five rounds. I've seen Mayweather spar with bigger fighters in the gym & walk them down when he wants to. So, despite this guy's size advantage, it should be easy work for Floyd. He should play with him for a couple of rounds, start setting down on his shots in the third & then close the show in the fourth. If he carries this guy for eight rounds I'll be disgusted.

If this thing is even remotely on the level & isn't some pre-planned waltz like Tyson - RJJ then Floyd stops this guy in about four, maybe five rounds. I've seen Mayweather spar with bigger fighters in the gym & walk them down when he wants to. So, despite this guy's size advantage, it should be easy work for Floyd. He should play with him for a couple of rounds, start setting down on his shots in the third & then close the show in the fourth. If he carries this guy for eight rounds I'll be disgusted.
And thats what hes going to do. Floyd carries no one. Play around and walk him down. Would surprise me if this gets out of the third.

And thats what hes going to do. Floyd carries no one. Play around and walk him down. Would surprise me if this gets out of the third.

Hmmm. That seems a tad early to me but you may be correct. I think it will all depend on how cheeky Paul gets. If he comes out & tries to take liberties with Mayweather, then I think he could be headed for the showers early. But if he plays around & is respectful in his approach I think Floyd may allow him to hand around a bit. We shall see, bro. As far as I'm concerned, the sooner he takes care of business the better. :D

Back