Fly sports uk boxing gloves?

LocoFlow98

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hello all, I was interested in buying the Fly sports Superlace gloves. I haven’t seen many reviews on them besides fit2box which he rated named them his lace up champion. Does anyone else have extensive experience with these gloves???

The price is ridiculous.
Certainly so, I’m not a fan of the price but I’m not gonna complain when other companies are charging outrageous prices just for a pair of gloves also. If the gloves perform excellent, I think Winning shows we will all still pay the premium.

Certainly so, I’m not a fan of the price but I’m not gonna complain when other companies are charging outrageous prices just for a pair of gloves also. If the gloves perform excellent, I think Winning shows we will all still pay the premium.

Last I checked Winning is still cheaper than the FLY gloves. It also has the history and reputation of being a high-quality glove that will last for a long time. All we have to go on for FLY gloves is a couple Youtube guys who admitted to getting the gloves for free so they could review them.

You're going to have to be the brave soul to take the plunge and buy a pair so we can all see if it's just a marketing gimmick or the real deal.

Last I checked Winning is still cheaper than the FLY gloves. It also has the history and reputation of being a high-quality glove that will last for a long time. All we have to go on for FLY gloves is a couple Youtube guys who admitted to getting the gloves for free so they could review them.

You're going to have to be the brave soul to take the plunge and buy a pair so we can all see if it's just a marketing gimmick or the real deal.

Stevo sells Winning Fg5000 headgear for 370. Only about 20 less than a pair of superlace gloves. People will pay outrageous sums of money for a pair of custom grant training gloves. All you’re paying for is custom colors and extremely subpar quality. I’m not defending fly sports. I’m only trying to make a case for prices being so high. When I see the list of high level pros using their gear growing and growing I become interested. Which I have, Conor Benn, Jorge Linares, Ryan Burnett, Dillian Whyte, etc. If they pay boxers to use their gear then it doesn’t mean shit to me. But I don’t know.... As a boxer myself, I have no problem spending money on comfort or protection.

I understand where are you coming from but personally i would rather drop dinero on products that are rated such as Winning for that price.
If you decide to pull the trigger on the Fly gloves let us know how they are.

Stevo sells Winning Fg5000 headgear for 370. Only about 20 less than a pair of superlace gloves. People will pay outrageous sums of money for a pair of custom grant training gloves. All you’re paying for is custom colors and extremely subpar quality. I’m not defending fly sports. I’m only trying to make a case for prices being so high. When I see the list of high level pros using their gear growing and growing I become interested. Which I have, Conor Benn, Jorge Linares, Ryan Burnett, Dillian Whyte, etc. If they pay boxers to use their gear then it doesn’t mean shit to me. But I don’t know.... As a boxer myself, I have no problem spending money on comfort or protection.

Well lets be fair here with our comparison. The price of 16oz winning gloves on Winnings american website is $280. Compare that to the superlace gloves on Fly's website and they come to $395.88. Thats over a $100 dollar difference for a brand that looks like they've been out for a year, if that.

Since you say you have no problem spending money for comfort or protection, I think the smart move would be to just save $100 and go with Winning since you have countless reviews over the years swearing by their quality. But by all means don't let us stop you from going for the Fly gloves, we would all love to see a real review on them.

My fly gloves are on the way . Next week Ill write my thoughts and review

I agree that Fly gloves are expensive, but I think that anything that is manufactured in a country that is not specialized in manufacturing such goods will always be priced higher than those produced in Pakistan, China, India, etc., due to higher materials costs, a higher cost of living, economies of scale for small boutique manufacturers.

There's just honestly no way that without big money backing, that these boutique companies can get away with charging $150-200 for a pair of gloves and survive, at least not right now. To put things into perspective, the top of the line training gloves that were produced in the United States (i.e. Everlast, Tuf Wear) were priced at nearly $200 in the late eighties. (Also, it should be noted that those training gloves used Horse/Hog hair which was pretty expensive to begin with, and to my knowledge FLY does not use animal hair in padding its training gloves.) With inflation, those very same gloves would cost nearly $400, and that is a glove from an established manufacturer. Those companies all ceased to produce in the US due to the fact that they could not compete with overseas manufacturers, either because they did not do enough to produce a superior product (whether this was public perception or an actual match in quality) or the public just demanding lower prices.

I've seen and felt products from Pakistan and China from the 80s. Way superior to the everyday stuff that comes in from them. My problem with Grant is that he is not the manufacturer, just another guy selling his brand. There's a ridiculous premium you pay for those gloves, and they have definitely not gotten better in terms of quality. I'm speaking about my experience with their stock gloves, not their fancy $1000 customs. I'm sure the craftsmanship and materials for those gloves is still amazing and even then, not worth it.

I've never felt a Fly glove, but they do look nice. Glad they did away with the strange backhand pattern on their training gloves, with the seemingly random stitches. I hope to give their gloves a try someday. Almost bought a pair of 12 oz velcro gloves off of eBay but it was the wrong size for me. And yes, manufacturing in Japan is probably more than in the US or UK, but Winning is an established company with a factory. As long as Winning exists, it will be the gold standard for boxing equipment, but try doing anything out of the ordinary custom wise (triple cuff, hair padding in fight gloves) and you'll see that the cost will increase very quickly.

16oz fly sports boxing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-11-29-16-35-50.png
    Screenshot_2017-11-29-16-35-50.png
    729.4 KB · Views: 71
Has anyone actually bought fly gloves to compare to the winning? Let me know how good they are please :) much appreciated!

Has anyone actually bought fly gloves to compare to the winning? Let me know how good they are please :) much appreciated!

To be honest I would love to try Fly gloves but at the price they sell for I've got more chance of getting a Winning headguard lmao

To be honest I would love to try Fly gloves but at the price they sell for I've got more chance of getting a Winning headguard lmao
I’m in the same situation! Really wanna try them but don’t fancy stumping up cash on a glove I’m know nothing about and don’t know anyone personally that owns a pair

In my country, Korea, some of boxers have tried them on. They said Fly was comparable to Winning or other reputational brands. Their broken in feeling was so excellent that they even changed the priority of what gloves they would choose when in gym. They still do use Fly gloves

I just recieved my pair of the 16oz superlace gloves in the black and gold. I'll put pictures up in a bit. But here's a quick review so far after 2 uses on pads and light bag work:

First impression I was actually a little upset because it didnt come with the dope ass box it usually does. Idk why but I only got the gloves in that soft bag and a regular box. To me the box was supposed to be a part of the experience ordering from fly. It came fairly quick, I got them a little over 2 weeks after i ordered them, so pretty quick shipping. The smell is different. I'm used to that heavy Mexican style leather smell and was kind of surprised at the difference. It does smell good though, just different.

I picked the gloves up and they feel light but again, used to the Mexican style that are sometimes heavier than 16 ounces. Havnt gotten to weigh them accurately yet. The stitching is on point. I didnt notice many flaws. I was nitpicking one of the ends of the stitching and was thinking it could be a little cleaner but I'll let you guys give your opinion when I can get back home to upload pics.

putting them on, I was instantly satisfied. I've owned winning before and i didnt think any glove could have a better thumb. Fly does IMO. Its like slipping on a latex glove with felt on the inside it was incredible. They're on the snug side but have a little more give on the interior padding. My hands are big for my size(5'8", 155). I lair these with my fortress boxing handwraps(I dont use the corresponding short wraps that come with it, I either use tape over the fastwrap or winning VL-B handwraps due to them being on the thin side.

Hitting with them was amazing. The padding in the knuckle isnt very dense, it has more give than I expected. I was expecting denser padding. I have absolutely no pressure points in these gloves, they are so comfy I dont want to take them off.

Overall I'm pleased with the gloves. I'm excited to use them more, but part of me just wants to wear them in the mirror and not actually use them. I know the price point for people is pretty high and I'm not too happy that I forked out 415 dollars but I'd recommend them to anyone. They're great gloves so far.

I just recieved my pair of the 16oz superlace gloves in the black and gold. I'll put pictures up in a bit. But here's a quick review so far after 2 uses on pads and light bag work:

First impression I was actually a little upset because it didnt come with the dope ass box it usually does. Idk why but I only got the gloves in that soft bag and a regular box. To me the box was supposed to be a part of the experience ordering from fly. It came fairly quick, I got them a little over 2 weeks after i ordered them, so pretty quick shipping. The smell is different. I'm used to that heavy Mexican style leather smell and was kind of surprised at the difference. It does smell good though, just different.

I picked the gloves up and they feel light but again, used to the Mexican style that are sometimes heavier than 16 ounces. Havnt gotten to weigh them accurately yet. The stitching is on point. I didnt notice many flaws. I was nitpicking one of the ends of the stitching and was thinking it could be a little cleaner but I'll let you guys give your opinion when I can get back home to upload pics.

putting them on, I was instantly satisfied. I've owned winning before and i didnt think any glove could have a better thumb. Fly does IMO. Its like slipping on a latex glove with felt on the inside it was incredible. They're on the snug side but have a little more give on the interior padding. My hands are big for my size(5'8", 155). I lair these with my fortress boxing handwraps(I dont use the corresponding short wraps that come with it, I either use tape over the fastwrap or winning VL-B handwraps due to them being on the thin side.

Hitting with them was amazing. The padding in the knuckle isnt very dense, it has more give than I expected. I was expecting denser padding. I have absolutely no pressure points in these gloves, they are so comfy I dont want to take them off.

Overall I'm pleased with the gloves. I'm excited to use them more, but part of me just wants to wear them in the mirror and not actually use them. I know the price point for people is pretty high and I'm not too happy that I forked out 415 dollars but I'd recommend them to anyone. They're great gloves so far.

Pics Broo??

Back