News Fmr Janitor Richard Montañez lied he never invented Flamin Hot Cheetos flavor

When the lie is better than the story, so the company goes with the lie.
Until the lawyer repenting the woman that actually created the product and the name of the product contacts said company.

Leave the man alone he may or may not have invented the third best Cheeto flavor ever, what do you want from him TS?

Honestly, I wish I were that flexible.

edit: my calves are better.

edit two: lol. Nice one @TidWell
lol Will you now come out to the world instead of deflecting toward me? dont be scared if Bruce Jenner can come out so can you brother, be brave!

So it mentioned he did pitch things, maybe the true story is that he pitched something similar but the real deal was already in the works and he thought his pitch lead to the creation of the real deal and he embellished the rest where the Flaming Hot Cheetos was the cause of his rise. Who knows. Liar or not at least he made something of himself, he should have known where to stop though in terms of the story as it ruins an otherwise good legacy.

I really believed his story and it was inspiring. The guy really had a good ass story like something outta a movie.Its still impressive that he went from janitor to a marketing and sales executive at pepsi co, but he used the flamin hot story to get him publicity only for it to be fake.

Its crazy how they let it go unchecked so long and he was making money off public speaking engagements and book deals, I wonder if Eva Longoria is still going to direct the movie after this bombshell

Richard Montañez: The man who didn't invent Flamin' Hot Cheetos
For the last decade, Richard Montañez has been telling the story of how he invented Flamin’ Hot Cheetos. The world has been eating it up.

It goes like this: He was working as a janitor at Frito-Lay’s Rancho Cucamonga plant when he dreamed up a chile-covered Cheeto and believed in himself enough to call up the chief executive to pitch his spicy idea.

Corporate backstabbers tried to sabotage Montañez for stepping out of line, but he out-hustled them, driven by a hunger to succeed. Flamin’ Hots became a runaway hit, and Montañez rose through the ranks and became an icon.
Watching his many recorded speaking engagements, it’s easy to see why his story has taken off.

Montañez is a charismatic speaker, and his tale of a Mexican American underdog whose ingenuity conquered the corporate world is a rags-to-riches fable baked into the origin of a wildly popular snack.

With their spicy kick and neon-red flavor dust, Flamin’ Hot Cheetos have inspired viral rap videos, Instagram-worthy menu items and streetwear designs. Schools have banned the snack altogether over concerns about its popularity with children. Clear revenue numbers are hard to come by, but nearly every major Frito-Lay line, from Smartfood popcorn to Funyuns, now has a Flamin’ Hot variety on the market.

Montañez has built a lucrative second career out of telling and selling this story, appearing at events for Target, Walmart, Harvard and USC, among others, and commanding fees of $10,000 to $50,000 per appearance.

His second memoir, “Flamin’ Hot: The Incredible True Story of One Man’s Rise from Janitor to Top Executive,” is out in June from an imprint of Penguin Random House.

Full story
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/man-didnt-invent-flamin-hot-120021601.html

huge if true

The moment I saw this, I was curious about what they'd do with the movie.

If I had to predict, I'd guess they'd keep the movie as planned and develop a PR strategy when it's time to release.

They've already invested too much time and effort into the movie, as they'll be filming soon.

Jay Hernandez as the cheeto guy
img.jpg

I wonder what lasts longer, this lie this janitor has been spreading or the Cheeto dust on your fingers?

The moment I saw this, I was curious about what they'd do with the movie.

If I had to predict, I'd guess they'd keep the movie as planned and develop a PR strategy when it's time to release.

They've already invested too much time and effort into the movie, as they'll be filming soon.

They're making a movie about cheetos? What will Hollywood think of next!!??

Back