FN 170 PBP Lee vs Olivera

Why the fuck do I put such a shitty line like under 2.5 rds - 400 Krylov vs Walker into parlays thinking it is a free win and then it ends up being the only leg that busts it..

Man I need to learn from these mistakes...

Kevin Lee in a post fight interview says he followed the gameplan round one and two and then between the second and third he told his corner he was going to 'Switch things up' and decided to abandon his gameplan... What an idiot.

I mean he was losing either way but still

Why the fuck do I put such a shitty line like under 2.5 rds - 400 Krylov vs Walker into parlays thinking it is a free win and then it ends up being the only leg that busts it..

Man I need to learn from these mistakes...

I bet the under too. On paper the under was gonna hit easy.

Damn apparently olivieira was up 2-0 on all judges scorecards! I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw it.

Can we finally end this bullshit that missed weight is going to always help a wrestler?

Kevin Lee: "The way the weight cut went kind of carried over into the fight. It definitely didn't help"

Also, the bullshit of "he probably stopped early" when it was clear he weighed in last.

Kevin Lee: "I cut until the last minute that I could"

Damn apparently olivieira was up 2-0 on all judges scorecards! I couldn't believe my eyes when i saw it.

I was more surprised that people in the thread had it 2-0 for Lee.

I was more surprised that people in the thread had it 2-0 for Lee.

Agreed. Round 2 Oliveira beats the hell out of Lee standing, hurts him multiple times, gets taken down, then throws up multiple submissions to end the fight while Lee lays in his guard, defending and otherwise doing nothing. Easy round 2 for the Brazilian, and any judge who had it for Lee shouldn't be working.

Round 1 was closer, with Lee landing several good strikes standing and on the ground, but still being out-struck on the feet and having to defend multiple submissions. Unless you give zero credit to sub attempts and wildly overrate top position (both of which I hate), I think this is at least a 50/50 round, and I personally had it for Oliveira.

He must have tapped while straight up on the verge of going out. I've been there. Your brain is still scrambled a little even though you don't actually go unconscious.
images

Can we finally end this bullshit that missed weight is going to always help a wrestler?

Kevin Lee: "The way the weight cut went kind of carried over into the fight. It definitely didn't help"

Also, the bullshit of "he probably stopped early" when it was clear he weighed in last.

Kevin Lee: "I cut until the last minute that I could"

Can we end the bullshit that a fighter saying something makes it a rock solid fact?

The same man just tried to fake a tap like a cunt

Can we end the bullshit that a fighter saying something makes it a rock solid fact?

The same man just tried to fake a tap like a cunt

It looked pretty damn obvious in the fight as well. I don't really even post that much in this forum anymore unless I see people stating things that blatantly don't make any sense. You have a fighter who has said on record several times that weight cutting is tough for him. He is also a fighter that shows gas tank issues, specifically against fighters who push a pace. He weighs in last right at the cutoff time. Somehow people conclude this is going to be a good thing for him and that he probably quit cutting early. I can see the logic that people think the extra weight may help him (although I don't agree for this matchup at all), but I really have no idea why anyone thought he stopped cutting early. So he just sits there dehydrated until the cutoff time and that's going to be beneficial somehow? If this would have made it to the 4th or 5th, it would have even been more obvious than it already was.

Agreed. Round 2 Oliveira beats the hell out of Lee standing, hurts him multiple times, gets taken down, then throws up multiple submissions to end the fight while Lee lays in his guard, defending and otherwise doing nothing. Easy round 2 for the Brazilian, and any judge who had it for Lee shouldn't be working.

Round 1 was closer, with Lee landing several good strikes standing and on the ground, but still being out-struck on the feet and having to defend multiple submissions. Unless you give zero credit to sub attempts and wildly overrate top position (both of which I hate), I think this is at least a 50/50 round, and I personally had it for Oliveira.

What is crazy is that most play by plays that I looked at had Rd 2 for Lee. I think every pbp that I saw had Rd 1 for Oliveira. I wasn't really actively scoring like I do in most fights because I really had a hard time imagining this hitting the scorecards. With that said, I'd have been absolutely shocked if all three cards stated 2-0 Lee. I think you can easily make arguments in both rounds for Oliveira. I am a bit surprised that it was 2-0 across all 3 for Oliveira, but I think 2-0 Lee across all 3 would have been bad.

This weeks circle jerk was probably Kevin Lee

Someone tried to shit on me for suggesting Oliveira was a good bet because he has experience and confidence (win streak + submitting a fuck ton of people) but apparently Kevin Lee had BETTER experience because he got his shit kicked by "better" fighters LOL

Someone tried to shit on me for suggesting Oliveira was a good bet because he has experience and confidence (win streak + submitting a fuck ton of people) but apparently Kevin Lee had BETTER experience because he got his shit kicked by "better" fighters LOL
Oliveira has even more fights tha Lee, told ya he will smoke him :)

I didnt bet Oliveira because of value, but because I gave him 85% to win.
Lee sucks,no cardio, no chin and he loses always against top fighters

Oliveira has even more fights tha Lee, told ya he will smoke him :)

I didnt bet Oliveira because of value, but because I gave him 85% to win.
Lee sucks,no cardio, no chin and he loses always against top fighters
I think Lee is a head case tbh. Like something in there that is not clicking and allowing him to fully utilize his skills. I was glad to see Oliveira throw up a fuck ton of subs from the bottom. Other fighters need to learn how to do that as it is super discouraging to see someone on their back and not even attempt to escape or attack.

I think Lee is a head case tbh. Like something in there that is not clicking and allowing him to fully utilize his skills. I was glad to see Oliveira throw up a fuck ton of subs from the bottom. Other fighters need to learn how to do that as it is super discouraging to see someone on their back and not even attempt to escape or attack.
Agreed on the mental block. Before the fight I assumed he had worked through some of the issues but the guy has an ego issue.
Gotta be one of the most unprofessional fighters I've seen. Botched his weight cut knowing 155 is hard for him to make, tries to fake tap or pretend he didn't.
Then during his interview he wouldn't even give credit to Olivera when asked about the finish he said something like "Yeah I choked myself out".
As impressive as that would be no Charles choked him out and his ego will keep putting him in situations to lose fights.

Back