For those with experience. What is the best assault rifle on the planet? or the top 2 or 3?

Caudillo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Terrain, and needs vary. But what would you say they are?

Due to durability I'd guess the AK. There's a clip I saw where they smeared mud in the guns and the AK still worked fine, when the M4 stopped working.

The clip was on one of the Deadliest Warrior episodes.

This isn't the clip but found this anyway.

Last edited:
Due to durability I'd guess the AK. There's a clip I saw where they smeared mud in the guns and the AK still worked fine, when the M4 stopped working.

Yes ak models. Russian forces may go back to 7.63x39, because the current ak 74m models use a lighter round which does great damage internally but is poor against armor.

It is a hard question to answer. The person best fit to answer this would have to meet several requirements

1) Been in combat and shot their weapon at people.
2) Shot a variety of assault rifles in different situations and terrains
3) Bullpup vs non,
4) Durability etc

Depends on What you’re using it for and in what setting.

It’s like saying what’s best hammer? For what? Putting up pictures, breaking concrete?

my penis has always worked and is slightly above average so i never found guns interesting

my penis has always worked and is slightly above average so i never found guns interesting
They are tools to me.

If find gun talks about as exciting as tool talks, and I own many guns.

But I’m not a “gun nut”.

For an “assault “ rifle it’s hard to beat an m16 or ak, hence the mass use of them. M4’s also.

My favorite rifle, is not an assault rifle though but it’s the sentimental value it holds.

My XM21

I am assuming we aren't talking about hunting.

The best fighting weapons are the ones that you have used extensively and are familiar with, or are going to practice with the most.

They will also be the ones with the easiest availability to get ammunition and parts for.

Pretty much always going to be an AK variant, AR (5.56 or .308), worthy mentions are G3 and SLR (FN Fal).

In America it's the AR15. If you're a commie your tastes may vary.

My favorite rifle, is not an assault rifle though but it’s the sentimental value it holds.

My XM21

I had an Armscorp M21 I shot into service rifle master class back in the early 90s.

Sometimes I miss it quite a lot.

Oddly an old buddy of mine recently said he had a "special" rifle he wanted to sell.

A very low serial # doubled lugged M1A with McMillan stock and Hart stainless barrel.

Am waiting for pics, but the nostalgia is starting to gain momentum.

M4, AK, FAL

In that order.

Thread closed.

I had an Armscorp M21 I shot into service rifle master class back in the early 90s.

Sometimes I miss it quite a lot.

Oddly an old buddy of mine recently said he had a "special" rifle he wanted to sell.

A very low serial # doubled lugged M1A with McMillan stock and stainless barrel.

Am waiting for pics, but the nostalgia is starting to gain momentum.
That M1A would be nice.

That M1A would be nice.

What I'm thinking.

I have no need for it, just one of those things I guess. He claims it's a half inch rifle.

It's like an old war sword handed down by a Master.

I don't compete an longer.

Have a gen III L3 night scope and a new 30 cal can on the way. Could make a keen night rig for hogs n coyote.

Need to see it first to see if it compels me to un-ass the loot.

i dont own an assault rifle but i would get an m4, should be reliable if its issued to the army, could be way off on that one though

When I was in the Army an M4 was just fine.

When i got out, I prefered to keep something in 308 so I had a really nice AR10. It came in handy for the depredation hunts I was hired to do that required wild pig eradication on a much larger scale. It had the functionality of an AR but massive stopping power of a 308.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back