Former Glory champ Gabriel Varga released by Bellator

If he returns to KB then i'll happily watch him in ONE, though he's more into MMA now so i don't really care where he goes.

He will be 36 years old in May.

And how can be released if Bellator has no kickboxing anymore? :))

Maybe a sign that they are scrapping the Kickboxing side of the business that they've largely ignored.

If he wants to continue competing he should go to ONE. Obviously Glory is out of the picture and they don't seem like a very stable promotion.

He was their kickboxing champ odd release.
Very expected, Bellator doesn't really do any kickboxing anymore. If I'm not mistaken they were paying him his kickboxing purse to fight MMA and there was 0 chance they'd keep doing that for longer than they needed to.

And yea, hope he finds his way to ONE.

Think ONE would've definitely signed him a year ago or little before that. Still could, but not so sure now.

Thai Fight is salivating right now when he said he is willing to fight for only one fifth of his fight purse to fight Saenchai lol

It is a fun fight. Obviously going to be at whatever weight Saenchai wants with Thai Fight Muay Thai ruleset and Gabriel aint getting a decision win in Thailand lol (Not like he has a great shot to win under full Thai rule against ancient Saenchai).

For his career ONE is clearly the best option. Just sign there and retire there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tbh if Varga fought Saenchai it would probably be a typical situation where the Western stylist thinks theyre doing good but its actually just Saenchai cruising to a decision. ONE has some fun options but I think the coolest scenario would be if he fought Qiu Jianliang first and then went to ONE.

When I interviewed him last month, he said I wasn't sure if he'd be doing MMA/Kickboxing, Bellator/One etc. didn't even know if he'd be fighting for another year or three, seems like he's still trying to figure out what exactly he wants to do right now

He said he wants to sign with one and that it would be the best for his career right now

When I interviewed him last month, he said I wasn't sure if he'd be doing MMA/Kickboxing, Bellator/One etc. didn't even know if he'd be fighting for another year or three, seems like he's still trying to figure out what exactly he wants to do right now

Do you have a copy of that interview?

Back