Former UFC champ Frank Mir will face Antonio Tarver in a boxing match

Reported for portraying this as "news", while I've seen at least 14 threads on the same topic during the last day.

On one hand, this is random and even at 52 years old I expect Tarver to win. On the other hand, good for Mir -- he is competitive as hell and driven to test himself even past his prime. He likely is financially set and could make a living with seminars, running a gym, and endorsement deals but he continues to remain active. I dig that and wish him good luck (which I personally believe he will need).

Reported for portraying this as "news", while I've seen at least 14 threads on the same topic during the last day.
Sorry man, I don’t scour sherdog every minute of every day. I didn’t see any threads on this on the first or second page, if it’s already been made mods are free to move or delete it.

I thought Mir’s punches looked so slow in his last ufc fights
I think he’s gonna get beet bad maybe not land one punch

Why is it the mma fighters that dont have good hands boxing? Smh

I like Frank too much to support this.
Why not make it an MMA fight? Or grappling?
It supports the Boxing is bigger argument and I don't like that.

I dont' follow boxing, but apparently this guy held multiple boxing championships? And Frank is challenging this guy to a boxing match? What an atrocious idea.

Well to be fair MMA fighters use Boxing in their profession, and definitely train boxing for fights (If they don't then they're dumb). Some of them even go to big boxing gyms and train, or even have amateur experience. Grappling to a boxer is like Tennis to a Cricket player. Boxers don't train that shit at all, it would be a waste of time

Askren & Mir repping mma in boxing

tumblr_owi847lTAX1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Back