Fortress Boxing Fast Wraps

Woldog

SherGOAT
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
I've just purchased a pair of these and they should arrive sometimes this week (I hope) would anyone be interested in a review of them? They're quite pricey and I bought the cheaper option of the two which came out to about $110aud.
As a few of you know I suffered a tendon injury over my knuckle almost a year back so I will be testing these to see if they protect my hand better than the Winning Guards and the Radius Wraps.

https://www.fortressboxing.co.uk/product-page/fortress-boxing-obsidian-pro-series

For reference there is a link to what I bought

I've had hand and wrist problems before and I've consumed much time and money trying to eliminate them. So I'm interested in a review.

You deny being a millionaire and consequently refuse to buy Winning gloves... And now you go and drop $110 on a pair of hand wraps!!! Hahaha

I've had hand and wrist problems before and I've consumed much time and money trying to eliminate them. So I'm interested in a review.

You deny being a millionaire and consequently refuse to buy Winning gloves... And now you go and drop $110 on a pair of hand wraps!!! Hahaha

I'm not a millionaire, I just have a reasonably large disposable income lol.
I was going to buy the more expensive handwraps but I talked myself out of it hahaha. I can afford Winning gloves but I just can't justify them to myself because I have far too many gloves already plus they're kinda ugly compared to my Fairtex and Topboxer.
200.gif

I'll do a review after I've had them for a week or two, because I should know fairly quickly if they're good or bad given my hand is still tender.

The wraps arrived today and I gave them a good session, they felt great no knuckle pain at all. I'll use them for a week or two and post an actual review. I will say it was hard to get them in my gloves and twice I had to get my trainer to put one of my gloves on.

Update. I tried these on for the first time in my Topboxer 12oz gloves. After one round I had to take the wraps off, it was getting too painful trying to squish them into the gloves. I know Fortress boxing themselves say it takes around a week or two for the gloves to a adjust to the size of the wraps and that I should put a shirt or towel into the gloves to get the pocket to expand. I'll try that and let you know if after a week or two its helped the situation. The wraps are fine in my 14oz BGV6's.

Update. I tried these on for the first time in my Topboxer 12oz gloves. After one round I had to take the wraps off, it was getting too painful trying to squish them into the gloves. I know Fortress boxing themselves say it takes around a week or two for the gloves to a adjust to the size of the wraps and that I should put a shirt or towel into the gloves to get the pocket to expand. I'll try that and let you know if after a week or two its helped the situation. The wraps are fine in my 14oz BGV6's.

These kind of wraps are moddled after a pro training/fight wrap. They can be used with fight gloves which are made to accommodate these types of wraps or larger weight training gloves at least 14oz IMO. Unless you have small girl hands.

They are charging a lot of money for something you can easily have done yourself. I have reusable pro training wraps that I did myself.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm not a millionaire, I just have a reasonably large disposable income lol.
I was going to buy the more expensive handwraps but I talked myself out of it hahaha. I can afford Winning gloves but I just can't justify them to myself because I have far too many gloves already plus they're kinda ugly compared to my Fairtex and Topboxer.
200.gif

I'll do a review after I've had them for a week or two, because I should know fairly quickly if they're good or bad given my hand is still tender.

I own so many gloves of every major brand. Winning is still the best overall boxing gloves you can get, PERIOD.

Just get stock ones they are worth the money @ stock prices.

These kind if wraps are moddled after a pro training/fight wrap. They can be used with fight gloves which are made to accommodate these types of wraps or larger weight training gloves at least 14oz IMO. Unless you have small girl hands.

They are charging a lot of money for something you can easily have done yourself. I have reusable pro training wraps that I did myself.

Cheers.

Could easily do it myself, but I didn't want to. I appreciate what you're saying but I'm more than happy to pay the money.

Could easily do it myself, but I didn't want to. I appreciate what you're saying but I'm more than happy to pay the money.

Thnx for the review. I saw these a while back and was curious too.

Thnx for the review. I saw these a while back and was curious too.

They are very protective though, I must admit even with my apparently permanent knuckle injury I can't feel a thing on the heavybag, or pads. I will buy some new 16oz gloves soon as my dog killed my BGV9's and They should be more comfortable with the knuckle pads on, but I agree I think anyone with the know how could make their own pads that would be equally as good.

They are very protective though, I must admit even with my apparently permanent knuckle injury I can't feel a thing on the heavybag, or pads. I will buy some new 16oz gloves soon as my dog killed my BGV9's and They should be more comfortable with the knuckle pads on, but I agree I think anyone with the know how could make their own pads that would be equally as good.

The black ones are on sale for 45 euro... might pick up a pair for lulz. You should give your self an early Christmas gift and buy a pair of stock 16 oz Winnings. Kind of bummed they don't come with the white piping anymore. They are just solid colors now other than customs. The white piping really made the colors pop, IMO.

Last edited:
The black ones are on sale for 45 euro... might pick up a pair for lulz. You should give your self an early Christmas gift and buy a pair of stock 16 oz stock Winnings. Kind of bummed they don't come with the white piping anymore. They are just solid colors now other than customs. The white piping really made the colors pop, IMO.

I've been considering Winning more often as of late, I've been getting offers to go pro and am strongly considering it. So I may invest in some winning gloves in the next few months. Especially as I'll be moving to a new city and getting $10 more an hour than I currently get so I can justify the expense.

I have a sneaky suspicion you could probably order these direct from a few Pakistani manufacturers at a significantly cheaper price than what Fortress are selling them at if you asked around.

I have a sneaky suspicion you could probably order these direct from a few Pakistani manufacturers at a significantly cheaper price than what Fortress are selling them at if you asked around.

2s0ik4x.jpg
Just send location.

Do these offer good wrist support or are they mainly for hand / knuckle protection?

Great for wrists as well as knuckles - the compression wraps can be focused around the wrists but they do offer protection there too.

This thread is quite negative, but these are a lot cheaper and a lot more compact than they were upon release, and they're a genuinely great product. I had knuckle issues pretty recurrently until I started using them (and I had tried using a combo of traditional wrap and Winning gel pads).

They can make some gloves feel a bit snug but that's not really an issue with the newer, more compact models after the first 1-2 times you use them.

Basically, if you do much of your training alone, and time is an issue, they're a great investment. You can have them on inside a minute. If you're like me, then you've put on hand wraps in a rush and not quite done it properly. That won't happen with these.

I placed an order a few days ago so I should have them maybe by the end of this week.
They do cost a lot but I had a nasty wrist injury that took good two and a half months to pass. Couldn't even do shadow boxing for the first two weeks, hello wrist brace 24/7.
When using the longest 5m handrwaps, if I'm to properly protect the knuckles there's not enough left to secure the wrist hence the decision to get the fortress and use the compression wraps predominantly on the wrists.
We'll see how it goes

I placed an order a few days ago so I should have them maybe by the end of this week.
They do cost a lot but I had a nasty wrist injury that took good two and a half months to pass. Couldn't even do shadow boxing for the first two weeks, hello wrist brace 24/7.
When using the longest 5m handrwaps, if I'm to properly protect the knuckles there's not enough left to secure the wrist hence the decision to get the fortress and use the compression wraps predominantly on the wrists.
We'll see how it goes
Hey mate, how did they go? I'm looking at getting a pair.

Did you get the cheaper model or the more expensive one?

Back