Forza Horizon 5 coming November 2021

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Graphics look crazy good on Series X I'm not suuuuper excited about Mexico but at least it's quite different than FH4's UK and I'll be happy to have both games side by side. It's coming on Xbox One too so hoping my antique GTX 970 will be able to play it at 1080p on reasonable settings. Not really expecting a huge leap forward in terms of physics/gameplay but FH4 physics are already really good IMO so if it's more of the same I honestly won't complain.

Definitely looks like fun. I’ve never played a Horizon game, looks like a great place to start.

Strange how limited it is on the Series X though. 4K 30 FPS and no ray tracing effects.

Probably looks better than any other game ever showcased on consoles.
Forza Horizon 5 out this year on Xbox – could be best next gen graphics so far
Definitely looks like fun. I’ve never played a Horizon game, looks like a great place to start.

Strange how limited it is on the Series X though. 4K 30 FPS and no ray tracing effects.
There is a 4K@60fps performance mode, and ray-tracing reflections will be present in the Forzavisting viewing mode. It also appears to be the first fully HDR-compliant Native 4K (not dynamic 4K) 9th gen game on any console, IIRC, but we'll see if the resolution sticks to that promise.
Forza Horizon 5: Ray tracing, volumetric lighting, high-end 12K photogrammetry textures

https://www.gamereactor.eu/images/?textid=992413&id=3497623
_3497613b.jpg

_3497623b.jpg

_3497683b.jpg

_3497693b.jpg

_3497713b.jpg

_3497633b.jpg

_3497643b.jpg

_3497653b.jpg

_3497663b.jpg

_3497673b.jpg

_3497703b.jpg

79986_16_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_55_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_4_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_1_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_8_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

Just look at the landscapes.

79986_14_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_6_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_12_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

Probably looks better than any other game ever showcased on consoles.
Forza Horizon 5 out this year on Xbox – could be best next gen graphics so far

There is a 4K@60fps performance mode, and ray-tracing reflections will be present in the Forzavisting viewing mode. It also appears to be the first fully HDR-compliant Native 4K (not dynamic 4K) 9th gen game on any console, IIRC, but we'll see if the resolution sticks to that promise.
Forza Horizon 5: Ray tracing, volumetric lighting, high-end 12K photogrammetry textures

https://www.gamereactor.eu/images/?textid=992413&id=3497623
_3497613b.jpg

_3497623b.jpg

_3497683b.jpg

_3497693b.jpg

_3497713b.jpg

_3497633b.jpg

_3497643b.jpg

_3497653b.jpg

_3497663b.jpg

_3497673b.jpg

_3497703b.jpg

79986_16_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_55_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_4_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_1_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_8_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

Just look at the landscapes.

79986_14_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_6_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

79986_12_forza-horizon-5-ray-tracing-high-end-12k-photogrammetry-textures_full.png

So a graphically scaled down variable 4K with ray tracing only available in photo mode? Hmm. That doesn’t sound very terafloppy to me.

So a graphically scaled down variable 4K with ray tracing only available in photo mode? Hmm. That doesn’t sound very terafloppy to me.
Scaled down from 12K, yes. That's why the landscapes in my above post look nearly indecipherably photorealistic. It wouldn't make much sense to render 12K video, now, would it?

Also, as one can observe from my final screenshot before the landscapes, with the three vehicles mid-air, the draw distances are absolutely insane. Just bonkers. Never seen anything like that-- not even in Arma or Battlefield games.

Scaled down from 12K, yes. That's why the landscapes in my above post look nearly indecipherably photorealistic. It wouldn't make much to render 12K video, now, would it?

Also, as one can observe from my final screenshot before the landscapes, with the three vehicles mid-air, the draw distances are absolutely insane. Just bonkers. Never seen anything like that-- not even in Arma or Battlefield games.
When graphical features are only enabled during a screenshot, it’s probably not the best representation of the actual graphical capabilities. Fairly deceiving in fact. The incredible Ratchet & Clank screenshots flooding the internet are all in game with ray tracing enabled, what you see is what you get.

I think Forza looks fantastic. Just weird that it can’t maintain a native 4K and 60 FPS without ray tracing. I was expecting more from the most powerful console in history.

When graphical features are only enabled during a screenshot, it’s probably not the best representation of the actual graphical capabilities. Fairly deceiving in fact. The incredible Ratchet & Clank screenshots flooding the internet are all in game with ray tracing enabled, what you see is what you get.

I think Forza looks fantastic. Just weird that it can’t maintain a native 4K and 60 FPS without ray tracing. I was expecting more from the most powerful console in history.
Screenshots from past Forza release have had high fidelity to the games. These are in-game gameplay screenshots, and while we don't have raw uncompressed video, one can also casually observe the graphics in the gameplay from the actual trailers. The fact a piece of hardware as powerful as the XSX, unrivaled among consoles, can only handle the uncompromised setting at 30fps despite specific optimization for the console from a developer with the reputation of Turn 10 who has specialized in developing exclusively for the Xbox toolkits (and more recently PC) indicates just how demanding the graphics are.
Forza Horizon 5's Graphics On Xbox Series X Are Gorgeous

*Edit*
Gamers across the web have noticed.

Resetera > Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon 5 are the top graphic showcases ever seen on Console or PC.
Comments:
  • "This is just insane, and the gen has just begun. I wonder what the years will bring."
  • "Horizon 5 looks absolutely incredible, even through the blurry mess of the Twitch stream."
  • "Just incredible :)"
  • "best looking games ever"
  • "I don't care about racing games at all, but that FH5 footage looking sweet.... I might hop in with that game."
  • "They look amazing"
  • "My pants.....are so tight"
  • "Mindblowing stuff."
  • "Forza Horizon 5 is so far beyond anything we've ever seen in a game it's truly insane."
  • "Like, holy shit, Horizon 5. I literally can’t believe that this is a cross gen game. Holy. FUCK. Serious Horizon 3 vibes, but on fucking steroids."
  • "Forza Horizon 5 photogrammetry is unbelievable"
  • "I've been waiting for this from next gen. Completely and totally blown away. This is what next gen exclusives look like."
  • "FH5 looks like a joy to play. The graphics are the best they've ever been for the series."
  • "That one part in the presentation when they were talking about capturing Mexican sky with 12K cameras, I swore to god that was real life and then the vehicles came roaring in….my Lawd. My jaw hit the floor."
  • "Best looking nextgen games so far."
  • "Yup, mind blowing to be honest."
  • "I knew they would look good... But I didn't know it was even possible to look that good lol."
  • "Forza Horizon 5 just shot my expectations up for Fable by about 100x"
  • "Horizon 5 looks insane, I can only imagine how good Fable is going to look."
  • "Microsoft surely conquered the level of photo-realistic graphics. I can't even imagine how Hellblade 2 would look like."

Last edited:
Hope they have better engine sounds then 4. Give me the Lexus LFA and I'll be happy.

My 1 piece of advice is if you unlock a prize car do not sell it immediately. I sold cars in the forza horizon 4 auction for 10-20 million each because people didn't unlock the cars when they were available in the seasonal events.

DF got some clarification. Gameplay and screenshots were captured on PC (tricky). Game will run with dynamic resolution and scaled back graphical features to hit 4K/60 FPS on series x.

In fact, no, if you watch their video, they specifically state that they don't know if the footage was caught on PC or Xbox (@13:55).

Scaling back graphical features to achieve the higher target 60fps is exactly what all "Performance Modes" on consoles are. There is nothing reported indicating the primary 4K@30fps mode nerfs anything at all besides limiting to the 30fps target itself.

"It looks absolutely phenomenal. The sheer density that they're going for here, in terms of materials, in terms of environmental details, when they're talking about going down to a single needle in a cactus (laughs incredulously)...that's just phenomenal, really. I mentioned initial disappointment that it was talking about in-engine footage, where you didn't really know what you were looking at, interestingly labeled as in-game footage on the Youtube trailer...the actual gameplay we saw that was clearly, you know, the actual code running, has that same level of detail, and they actually had these specific shots where when they move over to a new player, it lingers on the detail, you get this sort of like beautiful vista shot, and then the player kind of swoops in, it was a beautiful way to demonstrate that this is REAL, this is the game, you know, I can't really say anything more than that, it just looks amazing (laughing in disbelief)."
- John Linneman

forza horizon 4 is the fucking best.

I had never played a forza game before it. I will absolutely be getting 5.

As someone who is very into racing and plays Forza games on the regular.....

...this seems fine.

Never played a Forza game but I love Gran Turismo. Plan on getting an XBSX this fall so this will be one of the first games I check out.

Im a big fan of forza, my only question is why they choose mexico as the new setting. What are you going to run missions for the cartel?

I guess the landscapes could be pretty, and no winter season is a plus (the bane of horizon 4)

Never played a Forza game but I love Gran Turismo. Plan on getting an XBSX this fall so this will be one of the first games I check out.
Big GT fan since the original. I've probably sunk more hours in to GT Sport than any other game. I wasn't that impressed with either Forza series tbh.

Big GT fan since the original. I've probably sunk more hours in to GT Sport than any other game. I wasn't that impressed with either Forza series tbh.

Shame. I really enjoyed GT as well and was looking forward to diving into FH for the first time. Guess will see how it goes.

That's too bad. Ive watched a lot of comparison videos on YT and the concensus tends to be with Forza more is more but GT is more polished in practically every way. I guess I'll have to see for myself.

Back