Found an empty CrossFit gym

cincymma79

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
looking to add to my power/bodybuilding routine
I’ll keep my main movements obviously but am kind of wanting to add in some of the fun stuff I have a thing my disposal here and use it to get a lot more cardio
I have:
Tires
Sledgehammer
Rings (been doing pull-ups and I prefer this to a bar actually)
Sled
Open space
Those bike things they use (not a fan of per se)
Basically adult monkey bar
Ropes from the ceiling and the battle ropes

So I don’t know. Was thinking a day for each lift, some extra accessory work to hit the vanity muscles, and then 10-15 minutes with the above equipment. Anybody use these? It seems like they all fit in on leg or back day but could be every day

looking to add to my power/bodybuilding routine
I’ll keep my main movements obviously but am kind of wanting to add in some of the fun stuff I have a thing my disposal here and use it to get a lot more cardio
I have:
Tires
Sledgehammer
Rings (been doing pull-ups and I prefer this to a bar actually)
Sled
Open space
Those bike things they use (not a fan of per se)
Basically adult monkey bar
Ropes from the ceiling and the battle ropes

So I don’t know. Was thinking a day for each lift, some extra accessory work to hit the vanity muscles, and then 10-15 minutes with the above equipment. Anybody use these? It seems like they all fit in on leg or back day but could be every day

I was doing stuff like that once or twice a week in circuits getting ready for the football season. High intensity, get tiny rests if any etc. Mainly did it as a whole body thing, I might have gone heavy with a lift earlier in the day.

They're all great objects to use for HIIT training.

When im dieting I do more HIIT and less LISS and i do circuits like that when i get the chance. Swing a sledge hammer at a tire all out for 45 seconds, rest for 30, repeat 15 times and tell me youre not breathing hard.

They're all great objects to use for HIIT training.

When im dieting I do more HIIT and less LISS and i do circuits like that when i get the chance. Swing a sledge hammer at a tire all out for 45 seconds, rest for 30, repeat 15 times and tell me youre not breathing hard.
I read a couple articles on sledgehammer sleds and tires. Just trying to figure a routine. For he sledge it said 15 swings right left and then tomahawk. Did that for three sets after bench day. then did heavy sleds another day after legs. I think tires would fit on deadlift day. Probably need more.

I’m pretty much all set at strength level. Can squat over 500 bench 385-400 and deadlift a bit over 600. That’s fine for me. Wouldn’t mind the deadlift going up some and would like to bench 400 for two or at least feel comfortable without a spotter. Doesn’t feel like that’s unreachable without bulking again.

Honestly routines are lame for HIIT unless youre a psycho with tracking your workouts.

If you want to add a progression scheme just add more swings/active time or shorten/remove rest periods

timed intervals a la tabata or EDT. sledge work and the ropes are brutal with tabata.
i did mix dips and pull ups with sled rounds, meaning one set pull ups - sled pull - one set dips - sled push.
variations are endless with all this crap you got there.
have fun.

timed intervals a la tabata or EDT. sledge work and the ropes are brutal with tabata.
i did mix dips and pull ups with sled rounds, meaning one set pull ups - sled pull - one set dips - sled push.
variations are endless with all this crap you got there.
have fun.
I think I’m just wondering if these should be paired up to the muscle so I’m Working that day or how to mix these with my goals.

I think I’m just wondering if these should be paired up to the muscle so I’m Working that day or how to mix these with my goals.
your goals are numero uno. if your goal is to lift more weight than you don't need all this gpp circus except you lack endurance and need more stamina for your powerlifting workouts. sleds and sledge work can be very useful active recovery if you program this light and not like i said. i bet you can find some good gpp articles of some powerlifting pros.

Back