Fox takes money from the Saudis to air LIV Golf on cable as an athletic informercial

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lmao @ this right wing clownshow.
Most sports get PAID to sell their rights to networks.
Donnie and the Saudis were so desperate that they needed to find a conservative ally and pay THEM to air these events when nobody else wanted to give them airtime.
Hilarious.
Are you enjoying this joke of an enterprise blowing billions in saudi oil money on a shitty golf tournament that is now an informercial?

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/09/27/liv-golf-fox-sports-buy-time-to-air-tournaments/

Weird thing to give a shit about but at least you’re spending your time wisely
Yes weird for me to scan a single article about sports and have a laugh.
Is reading so hard for you that you consider that a great undertaking of time and effort?

This is a big deal in sports to see a league paying for airtime and the countries/media corps involved.

raw

You're a big golf guy? I know nothing about the sport but it looks okay.
I enjoy playing rural courses and going to the range.
The bros who golf are normally intolerable idiots.

Like thinking this is amazing (throwing shitloads of beer cans all over the course)

People go looking to find things to be outraged by we have major us companies operating in SA like Raytheon lol who got contracts with DoD.. but golf

People go looking to find things to be outraged by we have major us companies operating in SA like Raytheon lol who got contracts with DoD.. but golf
Where is anyone outraged here?
It's laughing at a political failure by an oil state.

You should try the "but lebron and china!" retort next time to really show off your unique take on this.

Where is anyone outraged here?
It's laughing at a political failure by an oil state.

You should try the "but lebron and china!" retort next time to really show off your unique take on this.
I don’t make no Lebron and China threads because I don’t go searching to be outraged.

It's strange.
The saudis have been trying to pay for goodwill from the west for a long time now, to try and keep a good image abroad, while cosplaying as it was the year 800 at home.

Nothing strange about it really.

Tho shit like this should be boycotted, depending on how much money they offer, it could actually be financially smart, but morally a bad choice.

What's the point of this thread?

Making fun of Saudis because they shit out money like water?

maxresdefault.jpg

27560497.jpg

This Golf tour is nothing but a mild distraction for them. They could lose every dollar invested and not even notice..... lol

It's hillarious watching patriotic americans condemming Saudi Arabias human rights record like that isn't your sugar baby.

Yes weird for me to scan a single article about sports and have a laugh.
Is reading so hard for you that you consider that a great undertaking of time and effort?

This is a big deal in sports to see a league paying for airtime and the countries/media corps involved.
Predictable

It's hillarious watching patriotic americans condemming Saudi Arabias human rights record like that isn't your sugar baby.
Huh?
It's possible to be American and hate the Saudis entirely.
Where do you live exactly?

I find it really strange that people go after the athletes. Here in DK they are also giving shit to players going to the world cup in Qatar etc.
S.A and Qatar are shit regimes, no doubt. But the governments of the athletes countries are doing business with these shitholes, maybe give them shit instead. In the case of the world cup it´s FIFA they should be giving shit.
But a few guys playing golf/soccer are going to whitewash the Saudi/Qatari regimes. Give me a fucking break. Governments and coporations are doing that just fine.
Also easy for Tiger to say no, he already has a billion in his account. Athletes have a limited window to make bank. Harder for others to say no to 100-200mill

/rant

Back