International France heightens security for New Year’s Eve, with 90,000 police officers to be mobilized

LeonardoBjj

Professional Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
53399271864_0b8d800f67.jpg

- Omelette du fromage!

PARIS (AP) — Security will be tight across France on New Year’s Eve, with 90,000 law enforcement officers set to be deployed, domestic intelligence chief Céline Berthon said Friday.

Of those, 6,000 will be in Paris, where French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said over 1.5 million people are expected to attend celebrations on the Champs-Elysees.

Speaking at a press conference, Darmanin cited a “very high terrorist threat” because, in part, of “what is happening in Israel and Palestine,” referring to the Israel-Hamas war.

Darmanin said that police for the first time will be able to use drones as part of security work, and that tens of thousands of firefighters and 5,000 soldiers would also be deployed.

New Year’s Eve celebrations in Paris will center on the 2024 Paris Olympic Games, including DJ sets, fireworks and video projections on the Arc de Triomphe.
53369590428_43f59038ff_c.jpg

The security challenge ahead of the Olympics was highlighted when a tourist was killed in a knife attack near the Eiffel Tower on Dec. 2. Large-scale attacks — such as that at the Bataclan in 2015, when Islamic extremists invaded the music hall and shot up cafe terraces, killing 130 people — also loom in memory.

The knife attack raised concern in France and abroad about security for the Games that begin July 26, in just under seven months. But law enforcement officials appear eager to show off a security-ready Paris.

https://apnews.com/article/paris-france-new-year-security-olympics-0d1b79d9207a2ca69675e05b944c5030

France instead of deploying 90k police officers, France could have just pretended to condemn Israel before NYE. Or support it depending on which group is higher risk of rioting

France instead of deploying 90k police officers, France could have just pretended to condemn Israel before NYE. Or support it depending on which group is higher risk of rioting

The latter sentence was completely unnecessary and we all know it.

A genocide supporter? No wonder you are carded
Honest question: the article specifically mentions "terrorism". Do you honestly think the Frech government is hemming and hawing about which group they are concerned with in regards to terrorism?

(Hint: you can answer this question honestly and still condemn the IDF for their actions in Gaza).

Honest question: the article specifically mentions "terrorism". Do you honestly think the Frech government is hemming and hawing about which group they are concerned with in regards to terrorism?

(Hint: you can answer this question honestly and still condemn the IDF for their actions in Gaza).
Terrorism alone doesn’t help me identify the group.

But when I read it through and there is no mention of Genocide , pro war crimes, and evil people supporting most internationally condemned nation in the modern world history along with a genuine risk of the rioters blowing up not just Paris but all neighbouring cities, hospitals and places of refuge I can see how they definitely are not talking about team genocide.

Ps: France only has one group to fear it’s the one they have cracked down on, limited their freedom of religion (closed their schools, implemented an hijab ban on etc) and overall oppressed recently.

Last edited:
Zero chance I’d be in a crowd in France on new years. Just asking for it.

Terrorism alone doesn’t help me identify the group.

But when I read it through and there is no mention of Genocide , pro war crimes, and evil people supporting most internationally condemned nation in the modern world history along with a genuine risk of the rioters blowing up not just Paris but all neighbouring cities, hospitals and places of refuge I can see how they definitely are not talking about team genocide.

Ps: France only has one group to fear it’s the one they have cracked down on, limited their freedom of religion (closed their schools, implemented an hijab ban on etc) and overall oppressed recently.

Uh huh. All terrorism from that "side" only stems from oppression.

But yeah thanks for confirming you do in fact know where the threat of terrorism in France would come from. Kudos for at least understanding that.

Maybe just start firing indiscriminately into the crowd. Works in Gaza.

Back