FRANKIE NYC POSTER OF THE YEAR 2020 AWARD - Winner: KazDibiase

Who is your choice for 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year? (CHOOSE TWO)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BFoe

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

2020 FRANKIE NYC POTY WINNER: @KazDibiase!!
491703.jpg

5E98500A-5E60-419A-B31C-5F680EDA92B3.jpeg
THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO VOTED, POSTED, AND PARTICIPATED IN ALL OF THESE THREADS. And congrats to Kaz for a well-deserved win. We all appreciate the hard work you put into all of your GIFS, posts, and threads.

giphy.gif

THE FINALS

This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Happy 2021, Doggers and Doggettes!

2020 was a year unlike any other in recent memory, but we’ve made it through to the New Year. Despite the challenges we faced during the year, there was so much great content, and so many amazing memories made here on Sherdog. I am your humble and lovable host @BFoe, and together we will crown the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year!

None of the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year threads would have been possible without the help of @Zebra Cheeks and @Ares Black—whose assistance in putting this together was invaluable— as well as the fantastic artwork from @Arqueto which captures the spirit and significance that FrankieNYC had for the Sherdog community. They were all instrumental in making this happen.

In this thread, every poster shall have 2 votes. You can change your votes. The poll will remain open for voting until Saturday January 9, 2021 at 3:30 PM EST.

Without further ado, I am honored to present this year’s 10 Finalists.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ard-semifinals”.4154133/page-6#post-163137888

Zebra Cheeks
Arguably the most memorable username/avatar combo on Sherdog, Zebra Cheeks is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. He has managed to strike the right balance between being a responsible moderator and a fun loving MMA fan watching fights with the boys.

KazDibiase
You can’t be considered a Sherdog regular unless you recognize this man. The Dawg Father of MMA gifs, Kaz delivers high quality gifs of every card the very night it ends. He’s additionally a very friendly poster, and contributes to the forum with news articles and other creative thread topics.

Bigwaverider
The 2 time defending champ is back stronger than ever. Bigwaverider aims to create a fun loving, hard working, and team orientated culture amongst shoopers. His laid back personality combined with his meticulous shopping knowledge and instincts makes this man an easy choice for this years award. His passion for the forum is apparent, and he puts countless hours into delivering the highest quality shoop contests he can.

Jackonfire
Jack is like the perfect MMA ref. He does his job precisely and effectively without drawing all the eyes in the room to himself, yet he’ll jump in at the right moments to keep everything on track. Jack has a groovy taste in music, a timely sense of humor, and a fantastic work ethic that allows him to consistently deliver the forums famous PBP threads accurately every single time.

Frank McEdgar
A valued member of the Sherdog community, Frank McEdgar was the runner-up for this award last year. Frank is always contributing somewhere. Whether he’s cooking up a funny shoop, leaving a friendly post on your wall, or hanging out with the boys in the Heavies, Frank consistently delivers on brand humor that’s often hilarious.

Ares Black
If you’re brave enough to utter the words “WMMA Sucks” in the heavies, this man will show up at your door, and whisper into your ear “Fight of the Year is WMMA”. Ares is a witty, humorous and intelligent poster who’s known for his sarcasm, his loyalty to fellow Canadian GSP, and his appreciation for WMMA. His contributions in the PBP’s are unmissable, and he’s without a doubt a top contender for this years award.

IngaVovchanchyn
If you get a notification reading, “IngaVovchanchyn has quoted your post,” then there’s a good chance you’re about to learn something from one of the most insightful posters on Sherdog. Equal parts objective and un-rustleable, Inga has a deep knowledge of the sport and is a major contributor throughout the Heavies and PBPs.

HHJ
A Sherdog OG through and through. If HHJ’s account was a person, it would be old enough to get legally married in the state of Alabama. With his encyclopedic knowledge of MMA and sardonic wit, this Fedor and Khabib Supremacist regularly schools trolls and casuals, and is a quality contributor on any topic in the Heavies.

Arqueto
The top dog of the forum, Arqueto is equal parts friendly and talented. One of the premier shoopers of the website, you’ll find Arqueto often times enjoying his favorite holiday, “Fried Chicken Friday.” This fried chicken loving pup has contributed to the community this year through running shoop contests, and making outstanding community driven shoops that are an incredibly high quality.

Ironnik94
Anyone who has followed Ironnik94’s posts closely has seen 2 things:
1. He has an uncanny ability to break down and analyze fights.
2. When a Genderswap filter is applied to a photo of him, the female version of him is a legitimate Boise Dime.
In the relatively short time that he has been here, Ironnik94 has emerged as one of the most consistent and prolific contributors in the Heavies, and has more than earned his spot here in the Top 10 this year.

Every single one of these Finalists is incredibly deserving. We are fortunate to have hundreds of quality posters, and it’s a nearly impossible task to select just one. Thank you to each and every poster who contributed this year, who nominated a fellow poster, and who voted. Your contributions and your voices all combine to make Sherdog the best MMA community in the world.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF OUR FINALISTS!!

25-251019_new-york-city-new-city-skyline-silhouette-statue.png

Last edited:
upload_2020-12-29_7-56-5-gif.822713

THE FINALS

This year, we’ve made the decision to rename the “Heavies Award” or the “Poster of the Year Award” to something special.

Moving forward, the award will be known as the FrankieNYC Award. @FrankieNYC passed away from unknown health complications about a year and a half ago. He left behind a legacy of radiant positivity, friendship and a hunger for deep and meaningful conversations about the sport of mixed martial arts. He set an impossibly high bar during his time on this website, and he represents everything this award stands for. I hope that this small gesture can serve as a way to inspire other posters to do the same, and in some small way carry on the spirit and excellence of Frankie.
—Zebra Cheeks

Happy 2021, Doggers and Doggettes!

2020 was a year unlike any other in recent memory, but we’ve made it through to the New Year. Despite the challenges we faced during the year, there was so much great content, and so many amazing memories made here on Sherdog. I am your humble and lovable host @BFoe, and together we will crown the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year!

None of the 2020 FrankieNYC Poster of the Year threads would have been possible without the help of @Zebra Cheeks and @Ares Black—whose assistance in putting this together was invaluable— as well as the fantastic artwork from @Arqueto which captures the spirit and significance that FrankieNYC had for the Sherdog community. They were all instrumental in making this happen.

In this thread,
every poster shall have 2 votes. You can change your votes. The poll will remain open for voting until Saturday January 9, 2021 at 3:30 PM EST.

Without further ado, I am honored to present this year’s 10 Finalists.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ard-semifinals”.4154133/page-6#post-163137888

239026.jpg

Zebra Cheeks
Arguably the most memorable username/avatar combo on Sherdog, Zebra Cheeks is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable. He has managed to strike the right balance between being a responsible moderator and a fun loving MMA fan watching fights with the boys.

upload_2021-1-1_10-41-13-gif.823382

KazDibiase
You can’t be considered a Sherdog regular unless you recognize this man. The Dawg Father of MMA gifs, Kaz delivers high quality gifs of every card the very night it ends. He’s additionally a very friendly poster, and contributes to the forum with news articles and other creative thread topics.

upload_2021-1-1_11-11-48-gif.823387

Bigwaverider
The 2 time defending champ is back stronger than ever. Bigwaverider aims to create a fun loving, hard working, and team orientated culture amongst shoopers. His laid back personality combined with his meticulous shopping knowledge and instincts makes this man an easy choice for this years award. His passion for the forum is apparent, and he puts countless hours into delivering the highest quality shoop contests he can.

upload_2021-1-1_10-44-42-jpeg.823383

Jackonfire
Jack is like the perfect MMA ref. He does his job precisely and effectively without drawing all the eyes in the room to himself, yet he’ll jump in at the right moments to keep everything on track. Jack has a groovy taste in music, a timely sense of humor, and a fantastic work ethic that allows him to consistently deliver the forums famous PBP threads accurately every single time.

504335.jpg

Frank McEdgar
A valued member of the Sherdog community, Frank McEdgar was the runner-up for this award last year. Frank is always contributing somewhere. Whether he’s cooking up a funny shoop, leaving a friendly post on your wall, or hanging out with the boys in the Heavies, Frank consistently delivers on brand humor that’s often hilarious.

152760.jpg

Ares Black
If you’re brave enough to utter the words “WMMA Sucks” in the heavies, this man will show up at your door, and whisper into your ear “Fight of the Year is WMMA”. Ares is a witty, humorous and intelligent poster who’s known for his sarcasm, his loyalty to fellow Canadian GSP, and his appreciation for WMMA. His contributions in the PBP’s are unmissable, and he’s without a doubt a top contender for this years award.

upload_2020-12-31_13-15-42-jpeg.823223

IngaVovchanchyn
If you get a notification reading, “IngaVovchanchyn has quoted your post,” then there’s a good chance you’re about to learn something from one of the most insightful posters on Sherdog. Equal parts objective and un-rustleable, Inga has a deep knowledge of the sport and is a major contributor throughout the Heavies and PBPs.

634e0c1f-5664-4aa9-ae50-41d3aea97b19-jpeg.823191

HHJ
A Sherdog OG through and through. If HHJ’s account was a person, it would be old enough to get legally married in the state of Alabama. With his encyclopedic knowledge of MMA and sardonic wit, this Fedor and Khabib Supremacist regularly schools trolls and casuals, and is a quality contributor on any topic in the Heavies.

upload_2021-1-1_10-58-11-jpg.823385

Arqueto
The top dog of the forum, Arqueto is equal parts friendly and talented. One of the premier shoopers of the website, you’ll find Arqueto often times enjoying his favorite holiday, “Fried Chicken Friday.” This fried chicken loving pup has contributed to the community this year through running shoop contests, and making outstanding community driven shoops that are an incredibly high quality.

567495.jpg

Ironnik94
Anyone who has followed Ironnik94’s posts closely has seen 2 things:
1. He has an uncanny ability to break down and analyze fights.
2. When a Genderswap filter is applied to a photo of him, the female version of him is a legitimate Boise Dime.
In the relatively short time that he has been here, Ironnik94 has emerged as one of the most consistent and prolific contributors in the Heavies, and has more than earned earned his spot here in the Top 10 this year.

Every single one of these Finalists is incredibly deserving. We are fortunate to have hundreds of quality posters, and it’s a nearly impossible task to select just one. Thank you to each and every poster who contributed this year, who nominated a fellow poster, and who voted. Your contributions and your voices all combine to make Sherdog the best MMA community in the world.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF OUR FINALISTS!!

upload_2020-12-29_7-56-51-png.822714

Great work my friend. Thank you for doing this. @Ares Black and @Arqueto crushed it as well. Very happy with how everything turned out.

This is amazing, lol.

Great job @BFoe. You really put some effort into this.

My boy, @giovanni_ss should be there too though.
Thanks man, I really appreciate the compliment. This is such an important award, and @FrankieNYC is such a legend that it was really important for all of us to do him justice.

And I agree, Giovanni is an awesome poster. We took the top 10 finalists from the poll in our last thread.

There are many deserving names on the list, but we can only pick 2.

I chose @Jackonfire for all his work on the weigh in, and pbp threads. That information is very important to me for a few reasons. And also very entertaining.

I also chose @Ares Black for his staunch support of WMMA. I think the ladies are every bit as important to the future growth, and acceptance in the mainstream of the sport as the men.

Best of luck to everybody on the list.

Edit. I wish I could have chosen you all.

Last edited:
I like all those posters, I really hate voting on these things, lol.
Great OP though, well done.

I would like to see a thread of Bfoe start summing up other posters now, haha
SuperNerd
"Bitter, old, easily annoyed Canadian"

I like all those posters, I really hate voting on these things, lol.
Great OP though, well done.

I would like to see a thread of Bfoe start summing up other posters now, haha
SuperNerd
"Bitter, old, easily annoyed Canadian"
Haha thank you :)
The descriptions for each poster were divided up between myself, @Zebra Cheeks and @Ares Black. We each wrote some of them :)

Back