FrankieNYC RIP

You pop into my thoughts from time to time and I'll never forget the fact your last post was offering your condolences for the death of my Grandad.

Miss you brother.

wHyjd2y.png
Yeah man,and our email exchange was the last thing open on his PC/phone whatever. Its really eerie,and strange eh?

For what? We dont know who he is,nor do we know anyone connected to him.
Figured SOMEONE here knows specifically who he was.

As for why. Funeral costs, potential kids savings accounts, etc.

I'm a part of one other forum and it's something that has happened there and raised thousands in the past, so I just figured I'd check.

Figured SOMEONE here knows specifically who he was.

As for why. Funeral costs, potential kids savings accounts, etc.

I'm a part of one other forum and it's something that has happened there and raised thousands in the past, so I just figured I'd check.
Oh of course if we could get ANY info itd be a great idea,im just saying no one here knows,and if they do,which i personally doubt, they are not saying. Theres a guy here who interviewed him for his show,and even he didnt know who he was. He was a private guy,and thats it. We're stuck with what we got. He didnt WANT people to know about his private life,so we should respect that.

Yeah man,and our email exchange was the last thing open on his PC/phone whatever. Its really eerie,and strange eh?

Yeah, it's weird man, he was such a good dude, it would have been awful for him just to disappear from here without anyone knowing what happened.

This way we can keep his memory alive and hopefully his family has seen this thread to let them know how much he was liked and respected here.

Yeah, it's weird man, he was such a good dude, it would have been awful for him just to disappear from here without anyone knowing what happened.

This way we can keep his memory alive and hopefully his family has seen this thread to let them know how much he was liked and respected here.
This thread is as fitting a tribute as the forum is capable of giving. I dont think any other poster could have a 49 page thread about their passing. Speaks volume what a gangster this dude was hahah

Mods had said that they (the site) was working on something to commemorate FrankieNYC. That was months ago though, so I guess nothing ever came of it.

Sad.

Worse than doing nothing is saying you will do something, then not following through.
Honestly,I think this thread turned into a memorial more than anyone realized,and they kept it stickied so that people can keep coming here. I think its the best thing that could be done given what info we have,which is none.

I’ll miss you Frankie. You helped me settle and gave some great insight, plus was a good calm guy in a site full of betas and incells who’s only claim to fame is shit talk on Sherdog.

I really hope you didn’t leave with regrets and I believe your in In a better place

How hard would it have been to change the site letterhead for a week?

s.gif
h.gif
e.gif
r.gif
d.gif
o.gif
g.gif

Or, just ask any of the many uber-talented shoopers to come up with a play on the normal letterhead, one that would in some small way pay homage to FrankieNYC. (for those with the skills, I would think it would be an honor to be asked to create something like that)

This thread was stickied? That is literally the LEAST that could be done. Seriously. There are T&A threads that have been stickied in perpetuity.

I hope to hell someone is already starting to make plans for the 1-year anniversary of his passing. If not, and based on Sherdog's official complete lack of frankly anything, then this site is full of a-holes I'd rather not waste my time with.

I dunno if I'm inappropriately bitter about this whole thing, but I do know I miss FrankieNYC.
4 messages and 6 likes? you a hacker

I thought about this long and hard, and I am glad I didn't suggest it several months ago, because the idea improved, and the number of potential participants increased exponentially during that time period.

We will make #FrankieNYC ring out across the world by using the power of social media. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc.

It won't cost you Sherdoggers a fucking dime, just a little time.

On Saturday, before and during Fight Night, please put something like

#FrankieNYC #RIP #MMA

Link them back to the first page of this thread if you want. Let people know how much FrankieNYC has done to motivate MMA fans here.

http://www.sammanmmafoundation.org/
https://www.gofundme.com/josh-samman-mma-foundation

I have NO affiliation with this guy, but his site is the first that comes up when you search MMA foundation for mixed martial arts. Donate if you have the means, and make it in honor of FrankieNYC. Or don't.

UFC Fight Night, Saturday, August 10. #FrankieNYC

Glad to see this is still going strong, it feels like an age has passed already since it happened

Peace to everyone in here showing the utmost respect

Mod Edit: If you're looking to troll do it elsewhere.

I was chatting with him last night,and I just recieved this message,and I do not know what to make of it,but I am posting it here,hoping that its a bad joke or something. If that turns out to be the case,please delete.

View attachment 561077 View attachment 561079

This is the second time on sherdog that ive had to see this.
Makes me want to become a hermit and avoid social media because its shocking and stunning every time.
This is terrible.
Did not know him or interact with him but it still bothers me nonetheless.

I thought about this long and hard, and I am glad I didn't suggest it several months ago, because the idea improved, and the number of potential participants increased exponentially during that time period.

We will make #FrankieNYC ring out across the world by using the power of social media. Post it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, etc.

It won't cost you Sherdoggers a fucking dime, just a little time.

On Saturday, before and during Fight Night, please put something like

#FrankieNYC #RIP #MMA

Link them back to the first page of this thread if you want. Let people know how much FrankieNYC has done to motivate MMA fans here.

http://www.sammanmmafoundation.org/
https://www.gofundme.com/josh-samman-mma-foundation

I have NO affiliation with this guy, but his site is the first that comes up when you search MMA foundation for mixed martial arts. Donate if you have the means, and make it in honor of FrankieNYC. Or don't.

UFC Fight Night, Saturday, August 10. #FrankieNYC

It's time:

#FrankieNYC #RIP #MMA

Still fucking sucks man.

Wish you Coulda been around for the low ratings on a Colby card :(

Back