French cane fighting

I am a firm believer that fencing is one of the premier weapons systems. I played around with a Kali school a little and had a similar experience. I'm not as nice as you were though. While I didn't strike them in the head I did strike the neck & top of the shoulder. I stayed and played with them for a while until my job transfered me. I've also fenced against Kung Fu stylists with their swords and easily defeated them. Of course I had a little edge since I'm fair to middling in a couple of Kung Fu styles and they had never fought a fencer. However my fencing instructor always claimed that what I did was not exactly fencing either since I mixed in a lot of my other training. Most of my training is kickboxing and when pushed hard I revert to it, I once kicked a foil out of a guys hand during a match...they weren't happy with me. I've also been known to deflect a blade with my trailing hand (varies, I'm ambidextrious) if it has gotten past my guard and I can't get to it with my sword quick enough.
While a lot of fencing stuff is worthless in real world situations I feel that it is a good base to start from and can be easily adapted, which is why even though I have never used a cane I feel that I would have no problem using one to kill someone (that and the Kali training I've done).

It's fantastic for teaching the inter-play of movement; Of What is the striking distance as opposed to just precieved distance. Man some of the A class Fencers I had to tussle with were great. It was almost an honor to get beaten by them so I could understand how slick they moved and how difficult it was to ever REACH them! The faints they could throw out, sometimes its like dealing with a majician, like some slight of hand and psychological diversion and them whack! The Kalis guys never really understood the game of space. They didn't have the foot work for it.

Only bad thing about a lot of the fencers is there is no link for them to fencing as actual combat. Most of them might as well be ping pong players the way they see it. Hard to get people to cross boundaries... Almost like arguing religion or something!

You ever noticed most MXer types aren't so swift at the fast flat hard pack stuff? The type you have to flat track through?

Did you see Spies stick his Yamahammer up Haslem's chuff the other weekend at Assen? That was cool!

Yeah, the straight MX guys have problems there & on the asphalt in the SM racing (at least the AM's do) which is where I make up all the time I lost to them in the dirt section.
I missed the WSB races on Sunday, I went sailing in and barely made it home in time for MotGP.

It's fantastic for teaching the inter-play of movement; Of What is the striking distance as opposed to just precieved distance. Man some of the A class Fencers I had to tussle with were great. It was almost an honor to get beaten by them so I could understand how slick they moved and how difficult it was to ever REACH them! The faints they could throw out, sometimes its like dealing with a majician, like some slight of hand and psychological diversion and them whack! The Kalis guys never really understood the game of space. They didn't have the foot work for it.

Only bad thing about a lot of the fencers is there is no link for them to fencing as actual combat. Most of them might as well be ping pong players the way they see it. Hard to get people to cross boundaries... Almost like arguing religion or something!

True. I haven't fenced in the last 5 years (found a good Jujitsu / Judo school that I liked and spend all my time there instead) except when a buddy comes over to the house to visit.
My main fencing instructor was like that with the foil (probably why I dislike it so much) and could just smack me at will. When we changed to epee or sabre I could hold my own with him.
I miss fencing sometimes but I enjoy a more hands on training rather than the game of tag the most places make fencing into.

i once killed somebody with cane, it was self defense though.

Yes, that is me in the pic. That was 2007 at Englishtown, NJ- I won the ESMRA Veterans class championship that year. I didn't try to defend it last year as I was (& still am) trying to start a new SM series in the DC area.
I've raced the GSXR at Summit Point & VIR, I'm too lazy to drive too far to race nowdays. Back in the day I raced a TZ250 in CA at Willow & Laguna Seca. I forgot about my vintage RD/TZ 350 racer in the garage, I haven't raced it in 5 years.
The XR is OK for me in Harescrambles since I am a roadracer 1st and suck in the dirt. The 125SX is new this year so that I can learn MX and get better in the dirt. It may see duty in Harescrambles as well.
I have also done a little drag racing but I just do it to practice my starts for roadracing.
I take it that you have an interest in MC racing.

englishtown, you must have went to the flea market afterwards and bought some french canes, that is where i get mine.

Here is Philong training hard at his local Cane-fighting class.

cane2.jpg

Here is Philong training hard at his local Cane-fighting class.

cane2.jpg

Now he's going to challenge you to spar him and will put nasty things about you in his sig when you refuse because you don't want to fly to the States.

I've proven that you are a fraud and a wannabe poser, simple as that. Feel free to continue whimpering all you want but it won't change the facts.

You proved nothing. Barut is sarcastic. That's a common thing among many people, especially on the internet. If you don't learn to not take it seriously, you're gonna get your panties in a bunch a lot.

Interesting, Ive studied jo-jitsu and it reminded me alot of what we did in the military, only with slight modification of course.

First, I never questioned the "factualness"[sic]. I made light of your overly serious, off-topic post.

Second, the bold portion of your post can be easily read as an offer to kill me. I have chosen a profession that does not allow me to engage in duels, sorry.

Third, you seriously are barely literate.

Again, I'll help you with your literacy. English is not that hard of a language to comprehend. I assume that you were the "smart" kid on the short bus that took you to school.
sparring definition | Dictionary.com
I'll help you a little (I'm always willing to help people who are mentally challenged)
Spar (2), verb, sparred, sparring,
-verb (used without object)
1. (of boxers) to make motions of attack and defense...., esp. as part of training.
2. to box, esp. with light blows.

Since your grasp of the English language is limited I'll try to type slow and use smaller words for you (let me know if it would be helpful for you if I scrawled it in crayon on some construction paper). Sparring is the act of training and is done with protective gear in order to minimize injury. Sparring is NOT a death threat. However in your fantasy world on the internet I guess you perceive things as threats since you try to attack everyone. I better be careful or you might cast a spell on me or send a dragon after me...:icon_lol::icon_lol:
However, in the real world sparring is used as a training tool. You wanted to post snide comments and try to infer that I was wrong so I offered to train you in the error of your theory. You lacked the courage to back up your mouth. Simple as that.
Does that mean that injuries don't happen when sparring? No. I boxed / kickboxed for a little over 20 years and spent a lot of time sparring training for upcoming fights and I've seen / suffered numerous injuries during sparring, shit happens.
You acted a fool, you got called on it, you were proven a cowardly poser...deal with it.

Back