Friday Fun Facts with Woldog! V2: Now with 5% real Fact Checking

Hey @Woldog can you provide an extra fact this week that I’ve been wondering about for a while that concerns Australia?

I was wondering if in the Southern hemisphere if the way the sun moves across the sky is different than in the northern hemisphere. Obviously the sun will still rise in the east and set in the west, but in the northern hemisphere the sun moves across the sky in a clockwise direction, going from east to south to west.

My question is in the Southern Hemisphere does it go in a counterclockwise direction, going from east to north to west?
In Australia the sun comes up in a North eastern position and goes down in a south west position.

Presenting it the way you did the Sun comes up in the east, proceeds to cover the north and then goes down in the west here, in fact I would daresay it would be near identical to what Hawaii sees. As they see the same sun setting that I see set yet they see it set roughly 4 hours ahead of me while still being a day behind.

I said white men can't jump, not White men can't triple jump
<LikeReally5>
this-makes-perfect-sense-eric-cartman.gif

In Australia the sun comes up in a North eastern position and goes down in a south west position.

Presenting it the way you did the Sun comes up in the east, proceeds to cover the north and then goes down in the west here, in fact I would daresay it would be near identical to what Hawaii sees. As they see the same sun setting that I see set yet they see it set roughly 4 hours ahead of me while still being a day behind.

But Hawaii is in the northern hemisphere, their sunset should be closer to mine: rise in the east, set in the west, but cross the south of the sky, albeit less pronounced due to being in the tropics and appearing more to just go directly overhead.

Last edited:
Blue eyed people are repugnant and should be rounded up imo.

Fun Fact #Cruiseday
Aladdin's look was originally inspired by Michael J. Fox, but then they based him more off of Tom Cruise. "At one point, when we were working on Aladdin, I was thinking of him more like a Michael J. Fox character," said Glen Keane, the supervising animator for the character.

Fun Fact #Cruiseday
Aladdin's look was originally inspired by Michael J. Fox, but then they based him more off of Tom Cruise. "At one point, when we were working on Aladdin, I was thinking of him more like a Michael J. Fox character," said Glen Keane, the supervising animator for the character.

Best one yet

Fun Fact: England Edition
Serving for 70 years, Her Majesty the Queen is the longest-reigning monarch in British history. She has surpassed Queen Victoria, who reigned for 63 years and 7 months. It's understood that France's Louis XIV was the longest reigning monarch in history, having served for 72 years.

Fun Fact #40
Bangkok is the world’s most visited city.
With 22.78 million international visitors, Bangkok has been named the most visited city in the world for the fourth year in a row – beating Paris, London, Dubai, and Singapore.

Which is completely understandable considering one night in Bangkok and the world's your Oyster.

Fun Fact #40
Bangkok is the world’s most visited city.
With 22.78 million international visitors, Bangkok has been named the most visited city in the world for the fourth year in a row – beating Paris, London, Dubai, and Singapore.

Which is completely understandable considering one night in Bangkok and the world's your Oyster.

Confucius says Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways Going to Bangkok

Back