Funker Tactical went after Trav and he's not having it

Fedorgasm

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Glad he's not letting them muddy the waters. They weren't disrespectful or anything, but I think the knife stuff I've seen from them wouldn't work. Just like nearly all the knife fighting techniques on youtube.

My knife defense tactic never fails, but it requires a lot of training. You've got to build up a lot of strength and endurance in your legs so they'll carry you the fuck outta there asap.

Anyhoo, I'm not going to post the original Funker vid because I don't want them to get a click out of it and Trav includes the relevant part from their video in his own anyway.

Watched about half the vid, but couldn't finish it because I was laughing so hard. My buddies at the gym and I got some "practice" knives to dick around with. The consensus was this... You'll have to take some damage in order to gain control of the weapon, at MINIMUM. Someone tries to stab you, the best you can hope for is to be a strong enough grappler to control them. Better yet, get a CCW. I'm sure there's guys out there who are great with knives offensively.

Most knife defense stuff seems to be a myth to me. When I worked in prisons, witnessed a lot of stabbings. No one ever did crazy cool Matrix moves, even when those guys thought they could, and saw the attack coming.

Last edited:
Thats why I conceal carry. Im not a fucking pin cushion, but ill sure as hell make you a target

Watched about half the vid, but couldn't finish it because I was laughing so hard. My buddies at the gym and I got some "practice" knives to dick around with. The consensus was this... You'll have to take some damage in order to gain control of the weapon, at MINIMUM. Someone tries to stab you, the best you can hope for is to be a strong enough grappler to control them. Better yet, get a CCW. I'm sure there's guys out there who are great with knives offensively.

Most knife defense stuff seems to be a myth to me. When I worked in prisons, witnessed a lot of stabbings. No one ever did crazy cool Matrix moves, even when those guys thought they could, and saw the attack coming.
Yup that's why I like trav's approach better. He basically says you're going to get cut or stabbed at least once, so the only question is are you going to knock the guy out in the process, or try some dumb shit that will end up getting you stabbed 2, 3, or 20 more times. I think his approach is much more effective, but again, you're talking slim odds no matter how you engage a knife wielder.

I think it's much smarter to try not to piss off crazy people, and if you do and he pulls a knife then just run away. I think it's rare for you to be cornered so badly that you can't escape.

Back