1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Fury vs Ngannou

Discussion in 'Fantasy Matchup Discussion' started by Hart Break Kick 97, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Who ya got

1. There's only Oneeeeee Tyson Fury

2. N Bomb Smash

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Paolo Delutis Yellow Card Yellow Card

If were talking boxing.. ngannou losses. .lets not be stupid

2. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!! Banned

Fury is actually past his prime.

Still good, but past prime I would say.

3. spinup Brown Belt

Would be funny if Fury takes it lightly, gets a big gnarly cut in the early rounds and ends up losing by doctor stoppage.

4. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!! Banned

Fury kos Francis inside 2 rounds in boxing and Francis submits Fury inside 2 rounds in MMA.

5. Franklin U. Steel Belt

This again??
    Ngannou might be a freak of nature and will probably be UFC champ for awhile but in a boxing ring , outside proverbial punching chance, uh - Fury.

6. BigGing Brown Belt

Well Fury survived Wilder so I can't imagine Ngannou surprising him with anything different

7. BigGing Brown Belt

No, don't you know? MMA guys are automatically the toughest people on the planet and will win any fight ever

8. AnotherOldGuy Black Belt

In a street fight there are, as you say, no rules. That's why its all about weapons and numbers, and has been for two hundred thousand years. Unarmed people are tiger and bear food. With weapons we're top of the food chain. So in a real fight whoever has better weapons and more friends wins.

Unarmed fighting is sport. Fury wins in his sport (boxing), Ngannou wins in his sport (MMA). I've no idea which of the two has access to better weapons and more experience with them, so its impossible to say who wins if they were to have a serious fight.

And the baddest man on the planet is the American president, followed by the Chinese premier and the leader of Russia. Because being able to launch thousands of nuclear weapons is so much badder than being good at fighting unarmed that I can't believe anything seriously thinks it. Though come to think it, since Putin is into judo in a big way, he's the baddest man in combat sports (see being able to launch thousands of nuclear missiles above).

9. IloveTHIS Yellow Card

Put your "toughest" friend with no grappling experience across from GSP or even Ben Askren, regardless of his size, and see what happens

It's just reality

It's easy to be a tough guy until your lack of grappling gets exposed and your face is being caved in or your arm is snapped like a twig

10. Ch31ck Purple Belt

If a taxi cab driver like Francesco Pianeta can take Fury's pillow like punches on the arms and keep walking forward, Ngannou can do the same. And if Ngannou decides to throw caution aside, eat shots and throw bombs, he may land one of them. Fury has good head movement, but he still gets hit. The shots Wilder dropped him with were very wild.

Ngannou has shot guns before at least:

And Wilder is probably the least technical champion boxer in history. Look at the shots that he is catching Fury with:
    [​IMG]

Ngannou could easily do the same if Fury isn't on the ball the entire fight.

Attached Files:

11. Cariñito Broner Brodie/Canelo Cartel/Errol Express/

Tyson Fury was doing that shit before anyone knew who Conor was.

12. AnotherOldGuy Black Belt

Ngannou knowing how to shoot is 1000x more important in a real fight than being good at unarmed fighting, so that's a definite plus for him.

If Ngannou thought he hit as hard as Wilder he'd be begging for a big money boxing match against Wilder, who as you say is not an extremely technical boxer. Ngannou would make more money boxing Wilder than in MMA, and it'd be power against power. So why isn't he looking for that fight? Because he knows Wilder hits way harder than he does.

13. BigGing Brown Belt

Well yeah but these threads literally always break down into "well so and so would kill them in a REAL fight". Which like, maybe? But also, who gives a fuck. MMA fighters are constantly fishing for boxing matches and then fans get mad when people point out they'd probably get beat pretty soundly and go in some nonsense tirade about "real fighting".

14. FIghtxIQ Brown Belt

MMA skillset is great for 1vs1 encounters. But you do know there are many in mma who's only fighting experience is in sport? The point of my posts was about people dissing Tyson Fury and talking about real fights, when he's probably been in more real fights than the majority of mma fighters. So for those people to talk about real fights is weird. They are sport fighters, Tyson Fury was a gypsy traveling bare knuckle fighter. He's going to know more about real fights than sport only fighters.

15. Sticko Brown Belt

Wilder has a loss on his record, Fury is undefeated. That's probably why.

16. Yellowcrab Orange Belt

He KO'd Wilder so obviously he can KO Francis...

17. FKAri Green Belt

HW boxers have the best chance to cross over. Heavy hands will get you far in the HW division. Just look at the champ.

18. BigGing Brown Belt

Oh I know I was being sarcastic haha. Sorry, I probably sound like a dick now

19. TysonandKhabib Blue Belt

In a boxing match, or in a real fight?
    [​IMG]

20. Superior Male White Belt

Fury has been fighting since he was a kid. He's a born fighter who grew up amongst fighters.

He'd fuck this flavour of the month up and wouldn't break a sweat.

FlowchartRog likes this.