1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Fury vs Ngannou

Discussion in 'Fantasy Matchup Discussion' started by Hart Break Kick 97, Apr 16, 2021.

?

Who ya got

1. There's only Oneeeeee Tyson Fury

2. N Bomb Smash

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. avenue94 Brown Belt

I like his individual wins better than the extended resume, but I don't have a quibble with someone putting AJ ahead. Plus just the eye test, fury is the more gifted boxer. But again, 1a, 1b, don't care how you stack those two up really. Just that saying Ngannou "has a chance" means single digit percentages. Anything more than that is lunacy.

Ch31ck likes this.
  2. Ch31ck Purple Belt

Sure. Single digit sounds about right. But I'd say that Ngannou has more of a chance of beating Fury in boxing than Fury does of beating Ngannou in MMA. And yeah, 1a 1b for now until they fight.

avenue94 likes this.
  3. AnotherOldGuy Black Belt

Maybe where you live. Where I live the crime stats say most fights involve weapons (you can check for your city online, most cities have that data available). Most cops I know say the same thing -- most fights involve weapons (and often multiple attackers).

I don't agree with your second sentence either -- most fights involve someone already breaking the law (ie an attempt at robbery). Killing someone escalates it, so a lot of the time they're careful not to do that, but the initial attack tends to be at knifepoint or gunpoint to begin with, both of which risk a jail sentence.

4. AnotherOldGuy Black Belt

Possibly, though he wasn't going after Wilder when he was undefeated either. For that matter, Ngannou has a couple of losses himself, so I'm not sure Wilder's loss makes much difference to Ngannou.

5. Yellowcrab Orange Belt

I live in Europe + i already fought in the street : most of the time, it's like a normal fight with people using their fists and kicks.

But i agree with you, it depends where do you live.

AnotherOldGuy likes this.
  6. BKFC_best_sport White Belt

Let them use 4oz gloves, it won't matter and makes everything more worse for Ngannou. Fury destroys Ngannous face with teh jab in 4oz gloves. Guys who sparred hard in 4oz gloves know what I'm talking about.

Ufc has a better chance to become more popular than pro wrestling.

7. AnotherOldGuy Black Belt

And there's a lot to be said for living in a place where most fights are only fists and kicks instead of guns and knives.